Prospect Info: Dylan Cozens, C/RW, 2019 7th overall, Lethbridge (WHL) --- Signed to ELC

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Absolutely looks like a dislocation, They most likely snapped it back into place, iced it hardcore, it should recover pretty quickly.
Lucky for him they had medical staff right there, if it happened at home, it could have been much worse.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
The concern if Cozens stays up with the Sabres:
Curtis Lazar posists it hurt his development to be kept in the NHL as a 19 year old.

Curtis Lazar puts trademark positive spin on being cut loose...
Not exactly the projected arc for an elite prospect. And while sticking with the Sens as a teen had been an undeniable thrill, these days even he doubts the developmental wisdom of it.

“It’s a tough question, right?” Lazar said. “Because everyone aspires to be in the NHL. When I was 19 I had the chance — go back to junior or play in the NHL. Nobody’s going to say no to the NHL. I took it with open arms and I grew my game that way.”
But?
“I got moulded into a checking, fourth-line, role guy. And, over time, I just lost my offensive edge.”

Last edited:

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Cozen's really didn't look good in the tournament before the thumb injury. His skating appeared to be labored at times. When interviewed after the draft he mentioned he hasn't been skating for quite awhile. He did leave the ice appearing to be ill earlier in camp.
This leads up to a few questions:
Is his conditioning that bad?
Does he have a problem with nerves before games?
Was it just a case of the hot sauce on the wings being too hot?

Last edited:

coastal

Jun 22, 2016
Dude needs to go back to juniors... he’s not ready for the big boi game yet.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
Cozen's really didn't look good in the tournament before the thumb injury. His skating appeared to be labored at times. When interviewed after the draft he mentioned he hasn't been skating for quite awhile. He did leave the ice appearing to be ill earlier in camp.
This leads up to a few questions:
Is his conditioning that bad?
Does he have a problem with nerves before games?
Was it just a case of the hot sauce on the wings being too hot?

So what you're saying is you give him a thumbs down on his performance.

Reactions: Jim Carr's Rug

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
So what you're saying is you give him a thumbs down on his performance.
Yes but as a rule of thumb don't overreact until you know the cause.

What did the finger say to the thumb?
I'm in glove with you.
Some people say his performance stuck out like a sore thumb, though. And even though I'm holding my thumbs for the kid, the organisation does have him under their thumb for a few more years so he may have to thumb a ride back to Lethbridge.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Some people say his performance stuck out like a sore thumb, though. And even though I'm holding my thumbs for the kid, the organisation does have him under their thumb for a few more years so he may have to thumb a ride back to Lethbridge.
The good news is that from the images of the injury we can conclude that he has opposable thumbs.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey

COZENS INJURY UPDATE

by chrisdierken
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

BUFFALO, N.Y. (July 2, 2019) ---
The Buffalo Sabres today announced that forward Dylan Cozens will undergo a procedure Wednesday on his left thumb following an injury he sustained on June 29 at Sabres Development Camp. An update on his estimated recovery time will be provided later this week.

Reactions: Chainshot

Mr Orangeshirt

Dec 12, 2008
Xville,TN
COZENS INJURY UPDATE

by chrisdierken
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
BUFFALO, N.Y. (July 2, 2019) --- The Buffalo Sabres today announced that forward Dylan Cozens will undergo a procedure Wednesday on his left thumb following an injury he sustained on June 29 at Sabres Development Camp. An update on his estimated recovery time will be provided later this week.
giphy.gif

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad