Ducks 3rd Jersey, Uniforms & Logo Discussion continued

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Oh, I really woshed for diognal stripes. They're unique enough and good looking enough to me. The current vertical side-stripes are awful.

To me, the benchmark will be weather it's at least as good as the reverse retro 2.0. that one was pure fire, and this one needs to be better. From marketong standpoint, I get that they have to make something new but... It better be good. :laugh:
That guy's comments are encouraging tho

Reactions: GermanRocket7
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Orange eyes kind of scared me but after seeing that mockup I think it actually looks really good. Icethetics saying it’s an improvement also has me excited.

Was wondering if they’d go full orange with helmets and I’m cautiously optimistic it’ll work. I love seeing any team be bold and for the most part I think they really work(with the exception IMO of Vegas). It’ll definitely help that’s it’s something all new and there isn’t much of an adjustment period like with Nashville and Colorado where you’re used to one look that works and the new one that works is just so different.

And I actually really do hope it is indeed the case that there’ll be no diagonal stripes. IMO a lot of the love for the Mighty Ducks look that’s mostly nostalgia-driven but nothing more than that. Whether it’s the current colors or the old ones every mockup I’ve seen over the years is better without them IMO.

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

Firequacker

used wall of text! It's not very effective...
Jun 3, 2022
It's just unbelievable ownership refuses to go back to the old colour scheme (which is one of the best in the league), to stick with our current colour scheme that is easily worst in the league..

Can we at least f*** off the gold if we're going to stick with it?
What I don't get about the gold is that they immediately went and ruined their own new color scheme. It looked good when the gold was a proper metallic gold and the orange was limited to a trim color.
Then they turned the gold into some beigey gold-in-name-only nonsense and used it to accent more and more orange, and it just doesn't work that way.

Firequacker

used wall of text! It's not very effective...
Jun 3, 2022
Orange eyes kind of scared me but after seeing that mockup I think it actually looks really good. Icethetics saying it’s an improvement also has me excited.

Was wondering if they’d go full orange with helmets and I’m cautiously optimistic it’ll work. I love seeing any team be bold and for the most part I think they really work(with the exception IMO of Vegas). It’ll definitely help that’s it’s something all new and there isn’t much of an adjustment period like with Nashville and Colorado where you’re used to one look that works and the new one that works is just so different.

And I actually really do hope it is indeed the case that there’ll be no diagonal stripes. IMO a lot of the love for the Mighty Ducks look that’s mostly nostalgia-driven but nothing more than that. Whether it’s the current colors or the old ones every mockup I’ve seen over the years is better without them IMO.
Honestly, the league is full of questionable, boring, and/or ugly design choices that are beloved by virtue of being "classic". And that's what the diagonal striping is at this point, it's classic. You see that stripe pattern and you think Mighty Ducks, and that identity factor has its own value.

(Personally I like the diagonal stripes but also like a lot of the designs without them, it's just another frustrating example of the team having an iconic branding right there and saying "nah we wouldn't want to use that.")

Reactions: Kalv

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
At this point anything is better than keeping the Ducks foot. I refuse to buy anything with that as the center logo, shoulder logo is ok. Heck, don’t even own a T-shirt with the Ducks Foot.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
At this point anything is better than keeping the Ducks foot. I refuse to buy anything with that as the center logo, shoulder logo is ok. Heck, don’t even own a T-shirt with the Ducks Foot.
I'm not that big of a hater on it, but I agree that it is a great shoulder patch, not a primary logo.

Kariya 9

Feb 28, 2014
So, based on the input (orange eyes, design akin to RR 2.0, Webbed D as shoulder logo, NYR style numbers etc.) this is pretty much what our new home uniform will look like:

View attachment 880873

I've seen worse, though I am not exactly fond of using a mainly orange logo on orange jerseys.
Have we considered that maybe the eyes are black with orange irises?

jiggsawpuzzle35

May 7, 2007
The 949
Yeah, I’m getting vibes of the organization putting the hammer down and not wanting this logo anywhere out there prior to when they themselves are ready to show it
I bugged them on our Facebook Orange Alliance group if we could get a sneak peak at the logo and they usually always respond back. This time though, no response. Someone in the organization is definitely making sure nothing leaks.

Zegras11

Jun 22, 2019
Going off the information leaks and a horrible paint attempt, maybe something like this?

Attachments

• IMG_0877.jpeg
    IMG_0877.jpeg
    145.5 KB · Views: 2

DucksDefender10

Mar 6, 2012
Going off the information leaks and a horrible paint attempt, maybe something like this?
Nice attempt 👍🏻. Kinda looks like Eden Hall Mighty Ducks from D3 with the gold replacing the silver areas. Hopefully they still have the white tape on the sticks too.but I would pickup merchandise with this logo on it.

Reactions: Kalv and Zegras11

Reveille1984

Dec 3, 2014
I've seen some other mockups, but in and of itself the orange eyes look awful IMO. Maybe it'll look better in the context of the entire kit (black jerseys?), but my eyes need some relief.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad