Ducks 3rd Jersey, Uniforms & Logo Discussion continued

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Reveille1984

Dec 3, 2014
From "leaks" I've read, it seems like a modernized version of the old logo with the same gold/orange color scheme.

The Samuelis really have a hang-up about not just going full bore back to the eggplant, but pretty much anything is better than the webbed D so I'll take it...

SingDomestica

Jul 10, 2008
SoCal
From "leaks" I've read, it seems like a modernized version of the old logo with the same gold/orange color scheme.

The Samuelis really have a hang-up about not just going full bore back to the eggplant, but pretty much anything is better than the webbed D so I'll take it...
They probably think that if they brought back the original, no one would by any future iterations that may come out…and they might be right! Haha.

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
I like that they are going to keep the orange from the sounds of it. Orange County, orange jerseys, just makes sense.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I would actually really like that - or orange and jade

usatsi_10600793_copy.jpg

I have been pushing this for years now haha I think it would look great on ice. Unique in pro sports. I think it requires a more deep or dull shade of purple and you avoid clashing bright colors

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
usatsi_10600793_copy.jpg

I have been pushing this for years now haha I think it would look great on ice. Unique in pro sports
I think I’ve seen you table this a few times and it’s definitely grown on me. I also like the idea the ducks owning a colour scheme that’s unique in the sport. Its kind of petty but it feels like the golden knights jacked our colour palette when they came in and we fell into irrelevance

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Glad this is happening and glad I held off on a Leo jersey with the current mains.

I'm not sure how I'd feel about eggplant and orange or eggplant and jade. Also the classic logo being "modernized" gives me pause. But I'm cautiously optimistic.

Edit: Didn't see that it's the same color scheme. Might as well go back to the orange and black MD jerseys and don't f*** with the logo design.

Last edited:

SoCal Dreaming

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2020
What if they just use the duck on the 30th jersey as the "modernized logo" and add the sticks?

I'm hoping they do this right.

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
What if they just use the duck on the 30th jersey as the "modernized logo" and add the sticks?

I'm hoping they do this right.
30th jersey Duck should be a shoulder patch on one side D on the other. Do an orange version of RR2.0 with the diagonal lines.

GermanRocket7

Make Bettman irrelevant again
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
Düsseldorf
Looks like it's time for a new session of "create a mock-up jersey based on minimal input" this weekend...I know you love them around here.

la patineuse

Aug 21, 2010
Will they be translucent and show sweat stains like the Fanatics MLB uniforms? The NHL needs to go back to the CCM jerseys instead of the cheap, low-quality junk that Fanatics produces.

• Haha
Reactions: Boo Boo

GermanRocket7

Make Bettman irrelevant again
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
Düsseldorf
Will they be translucent and show sweat stains like the Fanatics MLB uniforms? The NHL needs to go back to the CCM jerseys instead of the cheap, low-quality junk that Fanatics produces.
I dug into the matter a bit more a few months ago. The MLB uniforms are actually produced by Nike, so the shit storm should have gone in their direction instead. Whether or not the design is good (which is on Fanatics), is another debate.

The NHL jerseys, however, will only be designed by Fanatics, but it will be the same small company from just outside Montreal that produces them. They have been the single manufacturer even in the unholy era of teams all using their own, preferred sponsors, and were the NHL's official -and sole- manufacturer since the 1980s.

As much as I hate Fanatics and their shitty QA department, we will most likely have no drop in quality whatsoever.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Purple and orange are a hideous mix. I really hope they don't do it.

They don't work if they are both bright shades. But I think there is a sweet spot where a deep/dull shade of purple contrasts well with bright orange. Obviously not RL but on ea sports, the combination looks fantastic on ice.

All Mighty

Sep 20, 2014
California
allmightyhockeytalk.com
I dug into the matter a bit more a few months ago. The MLB uniforms are actually produced by Nike, so the shit storm should have gone in their direction instead. Whether or not the design is good (which is on Fanatics), is another debate.
You actually have this part backwards. Nike sends their designs and specifications to Fanatics and then Fanatics produces them exactly how Nike tells them to. So essentially Fanatics was just following orders and it turned out those orders created a travesty of a uniform.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Some of their recent jerseys like the 30th, the RR and even the 25th have been really good. I think it'll be nice.
I don't think the 30th was that great. Having the classic colors was aesthetically pleasing, especially on the ice, but from a design perspective, the crest was awful and too big while the striping was generic.

Reactions: Kalv

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
I don't think the 30th was that great. Having the classic colors was aesthetically pleasing, especially on the ice, but from a design perspective, the crest was awful and too big while the striping was generic.
Disagree, I think it was really good, maybe not amazing but very solid. To each his own

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad