Ducks 3rd Jersey, Uniforms & Logo Discussion continued

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Disagree, I think it was really good, maybe not amazing but very solid. To each his own
I don't fault anyone for liking it. I think what got to me was how the crest had an obnoxious looking wordmark inside of its outer circle and then they shoehorned the webbed D in smaller form under the old alternate shoulder patch Duck logo. I've never seen or can't recall seeing another professional sports team utilize two logos in one crest. It made the whole design way too busy and tacky.

That said, the old eggplant and jade almost made up for the crest on its own. When I went to go watch them play the Kraken in person all I could think was how much better they looked on the ice than in the main black, gold, and orange we've been running for 18 years. Honestly I get the thought process about wanting to have orange in the scheme to represent orange county but there's plenty of NHL teams with color schemes that don't have much or anything to do with where they're located. I think Henry should just get over it and go back to the old colors. Even with an ugly new logo, at least the team would look good on the ice.

GermanRocket7

Make Bettman irrelevant again
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
Düsseldorf
You actually have this part backwards. Nike sends their designs and specifications to Fanatics and then Fanatics produces them exactly how Nike tells them to. So essentially Fanatics was just following orders and it turned out those orders created a travesty of a uniform.
My bad, you're right. With that being said, we don't have to deal with Fanatics' production/manufacturing whatsoever, so the point still stands: the NHL's launch of Fanatics jerseys will, by all accounts, be much less trouble-laden than the MLB's.

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
Apparently Disney used this logo for a show called The Mighty Ducks: Game Changers.

1717784395344.png

1717784382962.png

I like it. Doesn't beat the original, though. IMO/YMMV.

Ducks4Cup

Jun 14, 2022
I was so glad when Burke came in and convinced the samuelis the ducks uniforms and mascot were hideous. (His words on nhl network on sirius/xm) He managed to convince them to change the colors but not the mascot.
The original Mickey Mouse tinker bell aura needs to stay dead.

ff8

Aug 25, 2022
Going back to a solid logo doesn’t mean the “tinker bell aura” is coming back lol. And that other logo above from the show is definitely (and thankfully) not what the “modernized mighty ducks logo” will be for this season. Just hope they don’t f*** it up too much.

Reactions: Kalv

Kariya 9

Feb 28, 2014
I would actually really like that - or orange and jade

Also kudos to everyone who went out and bought all of the throwback cash grab jerseys that they released this last decade for showing them how much more popular the wild wing branding is
That's me! I'm one of those suckers!

usatsi_10600793_copy.jpg

I have been pushing this for years now haha I think it would look great on ice. Unique in pro sports. I think it requires a more deep or dull shade of purple and you avoid clashing bright colors
Yeah, when done with the right touch, it could really work. My avatar gives away my bias for this idea.

Reactions: Boo Boo and Kalv

NWWisconsinDuck

Jun 28, 2023
Take it for what it’s worth but this is what I found searching Reddit for a leak. It does seem to line up with what little has been reported

Ducks New Uniforms for 24-25 Season!

“I have a connection with someone who knows the teams seamstress and this is what I heard..... 1. Orange alternate with mighty ducks logo will be our home jersey with some changes 2. Mighty ducks logo will have orange eyes 3. Away jersey will look like the reverse retro 2.0 4. The winged "D" will be on the shoulders of both jerseys but it is more "refined" 5. No alternate jerseys 6. Ducks will have "shadow" style numbers (so will NYR) Super stoked!”

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Surely teams don’t have seamstresses do they? Wouldn’t all that be computerized designing now? The owners’ 14 y/o kid or grandkid should be popping out designs in their spare time. No?

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Take it for what it’s worth but this is what I found searching Reddit for a leak. It does seem to line up with what little has been reported

“I have a connection with someone who knows the teams seamstress and this is what I heard..... 1. Orange alternate with mighty ducks logo will be our home jersey with some changes 2. Mighty ducks logo will have orange eyes 3. Away jersey will look like the reverse retro 2.0 4. The winged "D" will be on the shoulders of both jerseys but it is more "refined" 5. No alternate jerseys 6. Ducks will have "shadow" style numbers (so will NYR) Super stoked!”
Sounds amazing, can't wait

All Mighty

Sep 20, 2014
California
allmightyhockeytalk.com

I'm very interested to see both the "orange eyes" logo and the "shadow style" numbers. I am a fan of the decision for orange home uniforms (as opposed to black, which I think would make a good alternate in the future), and I'm guessing one of those "changes" will include changing the striping at the bottom of the jersey to match the RR2.0.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Surely teams don’t have seamstresses do they? Wouldn’t all that be computerized designing now? The owners’ 14 y/o kid or grandkid should be popping out designs in their spare time. No?
I assume they are the ones that stitch the name plates, patches, etc on the jersey? Unless all of tat is automated too

GermanRocket7

Make Bettman irrelevant again
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
Düsseldorf
So, based on the input (orange eyes, design akin to RR 2.0, Webbed D as shoulder logo, NYR style numbers etc.) this is pretty much what our new home uniform will look like:

2024-25 Ducks Home jersey.jpg

I've seen worse, though I am not exactly fond of using a mainly orange logo on orange jerseys.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
It's just unbelievable ownership refuses to go back to the old colour scheme (which is one of the best in the league), to stick with our current colour scheme that is easily worst in the league..

Can we at least f*** off the gold if we're going to stick with it?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad