Ducks 3rd Jersey, Uniforms & Logo Discussion continued

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NWWisconsinDuck

Jun 28, 2023
I didn’t make this but saw it on Twitter. I think I might love this… that gold actually works there IMO

Attachments

• IMG_4315.jpeg
    IMG_4315.jpeg
    85.8 KB · Views: 1

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
I didn’t make this but saw it on Twitter. I think I might love this… that gold actually works there IMO
Why does it have glittery gold eyebrows.

Imagine if they had eggplant instead of gold on that.
Imagine if ownership stopped being stubborn and just stopped trying to be Philly west and embraced the unique colour scheme we previously had.

Reactions: Elvs

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia

Imagine if ownership stopped being stubborn and just stopped trying to be Philly west and embraced the unique colour scheme we previously had.
In that case you can say old scheme would be SJ south :sarcasm:

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Don't think San Jose ever used eggplant, but happy to be corrected.
Eggplant, no. But MD jerseys were very teal-ish, thus the primitive comparison from my side.

As for this color scheme, it's not really Philly-west, imo. Have to wait for the jerseys and whole set to be revealed tho, but sounds like the gold might finally work in a decent way.

As for the owners, they have no connection to Disney and the movies anymore. They have listened to fans enough to bring the logo back. But Samuellis are all about Orange County in how they grow the game there, develop the OC Vibe, etc. So imo them pushing for orange is nice and respectable.

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014

Doesn't look right to me.

Eggplant, no. But MD jerseys were very teal-ish, thus the primitive comparison from my side.

As for this color scheme, it's not really Philly-west, imo. Have to wait for the jerseys and whole set to be revealed tho, but sounds like the gold might finally work in a decent way.

As for the owners, they have no connection to Disney and the movies anymore. They have listened to fans enough to bring the logo back. But Samuellis are all about Orange County in how they grow the game there, develop the OC Vibe, etc. So imo them pushing for orange is nice and respectable.

It's incredibly difficult to come up with anything 'iconic.' The original logo and color scheme are just that. If you're lucky enough to create or own something like that, you don't go changing it. IMO/YMMV.

Obviously, the Sams disagree. They might as well rename the team to the Orange County Ducks; OCD.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I don’t mind Orange at all. Going back to the old logo is far more important to me than going back to the old colors, and that’s mostly because of how hideous the current logo is and has been for sometime now. That was the real failure by the Samueli’s. They could have modified the old logo when they first got here but instead they completely went away with it and failed miserably

The old colors are just a nostalgia thing for me at this point. I don’t actually even know if I want them back because it helps me separate out my childhood ducks fandom from adulthood fandom. That probably doesn’t make any sense to anyone other than me though I realize

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
The old colors are just a nostalgia thing for me at this point. I don’t actually even know if I want them back because it helps me separate out my childhood ducks fandom from adulthood fandom. That probably doesn’t make any sense to anyone other than me though I realize
That’s kind of where I’m at. I think they’re good and definitely different but I do suspect a lot of it is nostalgia and it’s very easy to forget how people felt at the time, especially with the eggplant jerseys, and how easily trends can reverse. The one thing I hope they’ll do, that they’ve refused for whatever reason, is to actually use the old uniforms, even if it’s just a game or two a year. Honestly I’m kind of baffled that the NHL hasn’t been more like the NBA, although that’s not totally a bad thing.

Reactions: Tokioduck and Kalv

HunterDuck

Jan 18, 2015
OC Vibe
Orange is here to stay. I don’t mind the colors. I’m just grateful they will finally embrace the iconic logo.

Won’t be surprised if they come out with an eggplant and jade alternate for certain games as usual.

Can we please get some sort of leak or video from icethetics? Please?

They put the kibosh on that since icethletics suddenly went silent. I’d rather be spoiler free anyway.

Reactions: Tokioduck and Kalv

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
Won’t be surprised if they come out with an eggplant and jade alternate for certain games as usual.
As long as it's actually eggplant this time and not whatever hideous atrocity that "plum" shade or whatever was. That shade made us look like the Kings on broadcast every single game, it was awful.

Reactions: HunterDuck

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
Orange is here to stay. I don’t mind the colors. I’m just grateful they will finally embrace the iconic logo.

They put the kibosh on that since icethletics suddenly went silent. I’d rather be spoiler free anyway.
Icethetics didn’t go silent, the sports card Twitter did. Icethetics is working on the video just has taken longer than expected he said.

Reactions: HunterDuck

Ducks4Cup

Jun 14, 2022
It's just unbelievable ownership refuses to go back to the old colour scheme (which is one of the best in the league), to stick with our current colour scheme that is easily worst in the league..

Can we at least f*** off the gold if we're going to stick with it?
Unbelievable that you think your opinion is fact
The old colors suck. Newer colors good. But I acknowledge it’s an opinion

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA

32 kindergartners are making an art project.

1 kindergartner is making an art product with glitter. (LA)

How many art projects contain glitter?

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Can you point out to me in the post where I said it was fact? Pretty clearly it's my opinion and has been for many years now, as believe it or not, you can have differing opinions on the colour scheme.

Weird hill to die on, but you do you.

Bergey37

May 19, 2019
What's unbelievable is that the poster can't understand why others don't think the way he does in what's purely a matter of taste. That's his problem.

I like the orange. I support it going forward as it;s bold and reinforces the connection to OC, where the owners have done so much for hockey and the community. I'm fine with the webbed D, though it can look a bit like Donald Duck's foot . . .

The old colors were unique, stylish even; but I put them in the same category as the "periwinkle" that the Angels wore for a year or two - a horrible experiment. But both teams were owned by Disney at the time, and Disney understands style, not sports.

Maintaining a connection with the past is laudable, and in our case the logo is the best way to do it, refreshed so it works with the current colors. But I'm hesitant to call it iconic; iconic withstands the test of time - the winged wheel, the spoked B, the C(H). Yes those are original 6 teams, so they've had the time to become iconic. If we're still wearing the duck-mask logo 10 years from now, then maybe it will be iconic, but even then - ONLY if it means the Anaheim Ducks, and not a memory of some previous team.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dryish and Kalv

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
Maintaining a connection with the past is laudable, and in our case the logo is the best way to do it, refreshed so it works with the current colors. But I'm hesitant to call it iconic; iconic withstands the test of time - the winged wheel, the spoked B, the C(H). Yes those are original 6 teams, so they've had the time to become iconic. If we're still wearing the duck-mask logo 10 years from now, then maybe it will be iconic, but even then - ONLY if it means the Anaheim Ducks, and not a memory of some previous team.
I love your posts Bergey, and I think that you're one of our better posters by a fair margin, but here I think you've erred. If you check any best sports logo poll, or better yet any best NHL logo poll, conducted within the last few years, you'll always find the original Ducks logo at or near the top. People love that logo, even beyond the Ducks fandom. In at least one meaning of the word, it is already iconic.

And I do think it's not just nostalgia, it's just that the logo is a really imaginative take on reasonably iconic but realistic sports equipment that immediately identifies both the sport and the team's name and identity. It's got everything that a logo needs to be a truly outstanding logo. It's unique, it signifies the things it needs to and wants to signify, and it's easy on the eyes.

As long as we re-embrace it fully and keep playing with the logo, there's absolutely no reason it wouldn't be considered an iconic logo by the general public quite fast. To a lot of people, it already is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad