Ducks 3rd Jersey, Uniforms & Logo Discussion continued

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ff8

Aug 25, 2022
I really loved orange pants with the white RR jerseys but I have a feeling it’s going to look awful with an all orange jersey. Like the sharks pure teal kits.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site

I'm gonna peeved if I go to the draft in large part to see the rebrand reveal in person and they just end up giving our 3rd overall pick one of the old jerseys to put on. I want to see it before all you Californians :rant:
I would be stunned if they did that. Both times when there’s been a jersey change they’ve used the draft to show them off and have done the reveals beforehand. This is such a major change, too, that I’d be surprised if it didn’t happen days before the draft, not hours.

Reactions: HanSolo

QuackAttack90

Nov 29, 2011
IMG_4600.jpeg

Apparently there was a deleted tweet that mentioned an orange circle?

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I stand by my kindergartners comment even stronger.

No wonder they limited it to 2 teams.

You know that glitter stuff... ummm... I hope it isn't extended to helmet stuff. We got C3PO helmets in Vegas and the Battlestar Galactica's Cylon helmets in LA. Seems like the Pacific is an avenue for testing out artistic ideas.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I mean. Off of an orange jersey I don't think an orange circle would look that bad. On an orange jersey yeah it would probably blend in a ugly way.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
When is that event?

Edit: it's June 30th I think. After the draft
I didn't bother to look into it more lol. Either way, not really a big deal. I'd be happy to see the new kit tomorrow and still go to the draft. It's the last one with the traditional format and it's in my neck of the woods. I've always wanted to go to a draft, shouldn't deprive myself just cause this is a pretty unexciting class of prospects. This is quite literally the last chance I'll have unless they go back to this format.

Reactions: Kalv

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
The scary thing is this should be so damn easy lol

They have nailed the throw back jerseys for the most part, but their rebrands have not been awesome. Sometimes people just overthink stuff to the point that the easy right answer gets passed up.

ff8

Aug 25, 2022
Tinkering with a logo designed and perfected by Disney is a recipe for disaster lol. If a better iteration exists, it would have come about during the selection process 30 years ago. I hope it doesn’t fall into uncanny valley territory.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Tinkering with a logo designed and perfected by Disney is a recipe for disaster lol. If a better iteration exists, it would have come about during the selection process 30 years ago. I hope it doesn’t fall into uncanny valley territory.

Maybe the Utah Hockey Club could have contact Disney to come up with better design than the one they have out now. They could have used the similar design when the Mighty Ducks used the black, eggplant, gray, and white uni's where Anaheim was scripted for the crest and have Hockey Club in the gray parts. Then have HC overlay on the shoulders. Of course, use their colors of black, white, and mountain blue?

Mighty Ducks, black jersey.jpg

Reactions: ff8

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Maybe the Utah Hockey Club could have contact Disney to come up with better design than the one they have out now. They could have used the similar design when the Mighty Ducks used the black, eggplant, gray, and white uni's where Anaheim was scripted for the crest and have Hockey Club in the gray parts. Then have HC overlay on the shoulders. Of course, use their colors of black, white, and mountain blue?

View attachment 882942
That is still one of my favorite all time sweaters.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad