Dreger: Duchene Mega-thread: Habs, NSH inquired about Duchene. Asking price is ridiculous.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

H a w k s*

May 18, 2012
Lol who are they gonna pick up in FA? The only forward worth mentioning is Oshie, assuming Thornton and Marleau re-sign.

I'm talking about a team picking up duchene via trade. Let's say the the Hypothetical and say, the Hawks trade Hartman, Schmaltz and forsling in offseason.

That's three guys who are already playing roles for the Hawks including even more significant roles next year. They then would probably looking to pick up a 3rd line and 2nd or 3rd pair dman via fa.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Legit non facetious question for Canadiens fans.

How much rope does Bergevin have? Are there any rumblings or rumours that if he fails to make a deep run into the playoffs soon that he could be replaced?

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Legit non facetious question for Canadiens fans.

How much rope does Bergevin have? Are there any rumblings or rumours that if he fails to make a deep run into the playoffs soon that he could be replaced?

Bergevin is actually a pretty good gm
Byron for free, Danault + 2nd rounder for Weise and Fleishman, Radulov for free, Weber for Subban, etc. are all moves that he did recently which is helping the habs a lot this year

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Byron for free, Danault + 2nd rounder for Weise and Fleishman, Radulov for free, Weber for Subban, etc. are all moves that he did recently which is helping the habs a lot this year

That one is a real bad one... Most people will see more it clearly at Year 3.

Also, I feel that Nesterov will be a good one

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010

There's no guaretee that a guy that relies on as much energy as Subban does ages as well as a guy like Weber anyways so Nashville hasn't one the trade in the future either.

oooooooooohCanada

Jan 14, 2017
The problem for the habs is that by acquiring Duchene, they pretty much give up on signing Shipacyov, whom they had real strong interest in him before the playoffs were even done. They can acquire Duchene but why give up a premium prospect like Sergechev when they can just wait another season before getting a player, who's prob already better than Duchene, for free. Its pretty much half a year of Duchene vs Sergs career, which I absolutely doubt the Habs would even consider.

Are you suggesting Shipachyov is better than Duchene? lmao

PREDy 4 the Cup

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011

Preds fan here saying I hate Subban and would much rather have kept Weber. Poile got robbed there

ProspectsSTC

Jul 12, 2014
Are you suggesting Shipachyov is better than Duchene? lmao

To be fair, Shipachev is currently putting up a KHL season with the 3rd highest PPG since its inception. Behind only Malkin and Mozyakin during the lockout year when they were on the same team, and a far better season than Panarin had before he came over, look how he's doing. Even Radulov hasn't put up the numbers Shipachev is putting up.

It isn't laughable in the slightest to say that he could be a better player than Duchene, if anything they're probably around even.

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
DUCHENE
BEAUCHEMIN (full retain)
TOTAL = $8.25

for

RIBEIRO
JARNKROK
BITETTO
1st Round Pick
Dante Fabbro
Kamenev / Dougherty
TOTAL = $6.13

I feel like this is what it would take to get Sakic to say yes. (IF he is okay with taking a futures package). He might push hard to get Saros instead of Fabbro, but IMO Poile shouldn't give Saros away, even for Duchene.

Another part of me thinks that there's no deal without Saros or Ekholm. I suppose it depends on how patient Sakic is willing to be, and what other teams' offers look like. Sergachev or Hjalmarsson are more appealing.

HITMAN88

Jun 29, 2011
Sandanski
Now is the right time for Nashville to try to get Duchene. Ekholm + + would be a great scenario
considering the expansion draft where Nashville would be able to protect 7-3 instead of 4-4.
Since the last summer this is a big question mark for me - What would Nashville do - protect their 4 D and give up on players like Wilson Jarnkrok and Smith or try to trade one of Ellis or Ekholm.
So with the situation in Colorado this is the perfect oportunity for Nashville to get top center(top center available in this league is like a leap year) protect their core group and try to win the cup for the next few years.

AwaKe

Jul 22, 2006
Looks like McCarron is pretty much done in Montreal, organisation doesn't look very high on him and keep sending him down. My bet is Bergevin is offering Juulsen + McCarron + 1st and a cap dump for Duchene but Sakic wants Sergachev instead of Juulsen.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
It was also clear as day that the Avs would draft Seth Jones a few years ago. Remind me again who we actually drafted?

This doesn't really work considering they came out before the draft, when everyone was speculating that Jones would go 1st overall, and said they would be taking MacKinnon. In reality, what happened leading up to that draft is the management was saying one things, and people were ignoring it. Now, that example works for those who are ignoring, for instance, the asking price of Duchene, but it doesn't work for those who are saying he will be traded. At present, all indications are that Duchene is at least being shopped. Until Sakic comes out and says, "we aren't trading Duchene," you can't really compare it to the fervor over that draft.

Topkatz

Jul 23, 2010
Why is his asking price ridiculous?

He's basically RNH that's 3 years older.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Why is his asking price ridiculous?

He's basically RNH that's 3 years older.

Duchene is a way better player but was not drafted #1 overall and is forced to play on a way worse team right now.

But yeah. Aside from that they really could be twins...

CH25

Self-proclaimed Habs connoisseur
Apr 12, 2010
Montreal
Price is too steep atm. I'd pass if I was Bergevin. Avs need to get real here. Duchene sure as hell ain't worth more than Kessel.

jsalz16

Feb 21, 2010
I'm an Avs fan but if I was a Habs fan, I'd pony up Sergachev. Duchene isn't guaranteed to be the piece that puts them over the top but I'd risk it. Plus he'll be there 2 more years to try to bring home the cup. It's been almost 25 years since the Habs won the cup. If they let this window close, it might be 25 more. There's no guarantee Rads will be back, this is prime time for Weber and Price. Markov will be done shortly. I guess Habs fans need to ask themselves if they're legit contenders as is or with a lesser piece than Duchene. I'd risk losing a potential top 2 dman for a couple shots at the cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad