Value of: Dubois

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
Dubois lack of enthusiasm can spread. I would leave things alone.
It would be interesting to see if Marty could get him going, but that is a huge risk to take.

To me it would either go one of two ways.

Marty is finally the guy to connect with him and get him to buy in (if Montreal was very lucky) or Marty’s going to hate his lazy ass and the media will be all over him and end up a disaster and huge distraction for the team.

Unfortunately I don’t see any in-between and I don’t think Hughes would be interested due to the risk involved, unless he has some inside knowledge.

Last edited:

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
As a Kings fan, I just want him gone.

I'd pay a high price along with taking on a shit contract to rid ourselves of him.

In all my years watching LA I've never seen a player I dislike more.

He's lazy, unmotivated and out of shape.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Jets are paying 8.5 mill per year I. Total for Iffallo / Vilardi and Kuppari.

Pld is a good player…. He just needs the right fit!

Retain 50 % 4.25 mil x 7 years = 29.75 million and trade him to Arizona for free!!!

With the no pressure laid back attitude and feel he would great in Arizona ! (and Arizona would probably beat LA out of the last wild card spot 3 years in a row costing LA millions more in lost revenue)

Dubious value keeps rising!

Beendair Donedat

Juice Arse 2.0
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Hughes don't want Dubois attitude in dressing room
I figure he’d rather bet on Dubois’ potential return to form, over the corpse of what was Brendan Gallagher. I’ve loved Gallagher since he made the NHL but it’s painful to watch at this point, and his stats are similar to PLDs!

Currently:

Dubois - 44 GP, 9 Goals, 10 assists, 19 points,
-13, averages 15:53 of ice time a game.

Gallagher - 46 GP, 8 goals, 8 assists, 16 points, -21, averages 14:14 of ice time a game.

Dubois is set to be making 8.5 million for 7 more years on his contract.

While Gallagher is making 6.5 million for 3 more years on his current deal.

The more you look at it, the more you’d have to think that Hughes would require some significant pieces added from LA to make a PLD deal. Could be a real home run or a complete whiff, guess it depends on whether he wants to gamble on expediting the rebuild or stay the course.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Players I'd take over Dubois:
1) Iafallo
2) Valardi

Man could you imagine if a team traded those 2 guys for PLD AND adding a solid prospect in Kupari and a 2nd on top of it??? Man that team would look pretty foolish.

Oh wait....
I'd take Kupari or a second over him.

Reactions: JohnBlutarski

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
It hasn't worked out on 3 teams, why would it suddenly work on the fourth?

I doubt any team would want to trade for him at this point, especially because of his contract.

I think it ends up with a buyout unless he finally wakes up from whatever coma he's in. I hope he does because he wasting a tremendous potential.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Huberdeau
Bobrobsky
Campbell
Etc.

That’s his value. With the contact he’s on, wouldn’t touch him with a 10 foot pole

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
He's gotten lost in the LA lifestyle sauce

Reminds me of JR Smith from the NBA, when asked if he misses not being in LA or NY, and said there is nothing to do in cleveland and it is boring as heck, so all you can do is focus on your game.

Maybe this cat aint built for a city like LA

Vote4Lubo

Axl's other other account
Feb 28, 2016
Antarctica
Dubois seems like the type to read hf comments, to go home and slap his punching bag. What an embarrassment of a player. Gimme Reaves for this b**** and add Robitaille & Bergevin.

• Haha
Reactions: Washed Up 29YearOld

Jeune Poulet

Oct 31, 2019
If Montreal would bite on an Anderson for DuBois swap LA should jump at it. Free up cap space and completely get out of the backend of this contract.
I'd be happy if that deal happened. I mean, I wouldn't be super thrilled, but it's worth a shot I think.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Sometimes you get lucky when a player wants out and another organization wants him. Fast forward to today and the Kings have to be wondering what the hell did we do.
Karma for taking Gavrikov, Korpi, Carter, Gaborik? :laugh:

In all honesty, Dubois seems like a guy who doesn’t love the game, but knows he’s good enough at it and plays it, so that he will be set for life.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
I'd offer the ghost of the whole OEL to Vancouver era, along with the cap hit from the subsequent buyout, our years of bad drafting and botched 1st round prospects, and LA still better offer something good (like a historical do-over in which Vancouver takes Kopitar instead of Bourdon (RIP), or some prime Gretzky in LA seasons) to make it worthwhile for Vancouver to come close to that lemon of a contract.

Most teams would find it difficult to match that combo of character flaw and expendable contract that they want to dump (Kuzmenko would probably look like Coach Tocchet's favorite player in comparison if he were to come here and stop trying).

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
His 5v5 production is pretty much the same it was on Winnipeg... it's just that his production on PP where he used to feast on in Winnipeg has gone completely cold. Beyond that... I haven't seen the "bull in a china shop" mentality from him in LA that he used to show in 1 out of 3 games with the Jets. My theory is that he is not happy about being saddled with a 4th line level talent and a rookie on his line for most of the season and his motivation has suffered as a result. In his career he has almost always played with an elite winger on his line- Panarin in Columbus and one of Ehlers/Connor in Winnipeg so I think playing with bottom-6 players has been a challenge for him.

Huberdeau for Dubois is bad for LA as the Huberdeau contract is much worse. Also not sure Dubois would be interested in playing in Calgary so I don't think LA can trade him there even if they wanted to.

Kings are better off just holding on to him... in the long run he is still atleast a 2C who will put up atleast 55-60 points a season.

Yeah. This is pretty much impression as well. Quite honestly, he's just a bit of a "diva" player. LA was just a poor fit to keep him placated on the ice. The presence of Kopitar still around, along with Danault who is the sort of guy you really want to just ride with at 5v5 as one of the best two-way checking Centers in the game, just always made it awkward to see how it was going to fit with Dubois. Especially after trading for PLD, the Kings simply don't have the talent to spread three lines deep with "top-6 skill", nor the icetime anyway. And i think playing Center is also a priority for Dubois, where being shuffled to the wing probably feels like a bit of an insult.

Then there's the whole Powerplay mess. Where it also never really made a lot of sense to me, how they were going to make that work. They didn't need him on the 1st Unit. Kopitar, Fiala, and Kempe all being fixtures there, and all LH shooters. Hard to fit another one like Dubois there in a way that he's going to be as integral as he'd like to be. So he gets shuffled to try to anchor a 2nd Unit...which again, he probably takes as an insult.

And so he sulks. :dunno:

Just a really frustrating player, who has all the tools and talent to be a powerful #1C when he wants to be. Solid all around, good on the PP, and with that power element to his game that is so coveted around the league.

I still really think Montreal would've been the better fit for him. He'd get to play as the pretty much undisputed #1C with the top talent they have available. He'd be a fixture on the top Powerplay Unit. They've been looking for a guy like Dubois for decades. He'd be in his element playing the sort of minutes he wants to play, and if he kept up even just decent production like the "good times" in Winnipeg/Columbus, he'd be worshipped there. But obviously, circumstances didn't conspire to make that happen. And now he's pouting in LA.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
I think ppl are looking at a playoff series from 4 5 years ago now and going that’s the Dubois we want and for the last 4 or 5 years now that guy hasn’t shown up.

He’s overrated. Montreal fans really overrated him because the French factor. Dude quit on Columbus. Dude quit on Winnipeg after game 1 vs Vegas in the playoffs last year. When the going gets tough, Dubois gives up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad