Value of: Dubois

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Its so tempting for an Avs fan cause if he does work out.. its essentially the ideal 2C behind mack. But again, his track record and contract.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Do I think he will ever be a 80-90 point player? no

Do I think he's as bad as he's been so far this year? no

Did he have slow starts in Winnipeg? Yes

Do I think he will improve next year? Yes

Reactions: Huffer

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
if L.A retains 500k i'd do Gallagher for Dubois

we take on 4+ years but at least he'll be 29 (to 33), just gotta hope MSL can help him turn it around, it's a gamble im willing to take

Last edited:

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Might go down as one of the worst trades in Kings history. If Dubois is struggling now, what's he going to like when he's closing in on 30?

Cheveldayoff and the Jets were patient......and traded Dubois for a 'king's ransom' at the top of the market--if you'll pardon the pun.

Kudelski37

Feb 19, 2021
I don't think PLD realizes how close his career is to ending. He has to be bought out this summer. If that happens, no team will sign him for more than 1 year. He struggles with adjusting to new teams, see this year and his first season in Winnipeg, so that will be another season of struggles. At that point, he has to hope for a PTO or going to Europe if he wants to play hockey.

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
How Blake hasn't been fired yet is beyond me.

Dubois is a cancer pure and simple. I wouldn't want him anywhere near the Oilers even straight up for Campbell. He's negative value and that no club should be willing to roll the dice on. His attitude, on ice performance and as mentioned willingness to quit on his team and teammates should keep everyone way. Dead serious I'd rather buy-out Campbell.

I can't think of any player except Hubby worth less vs his contract/performance. If Montreal would bite on an Anderson for DuBois swap LA should jump at it. Free up cap space and completely get out of the backend of this contract.

Last edited:

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
Did this not just happen in LA? :huh:

Yes, my point is that it doesn't matter when his NMC kicks in, any GM who trades for him will first want a greenlight from PLD that he is willing to play for that team... that kinda neuters the "trade him this season before his NMC kicks in" line of thinking.

Reactions: Ragdoll

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
It would be funny to trade him back to the Jets... we could use a 2C lol

The best part would be the fact that he'd be stuck here. If I didn't think that his attitude would tank the locker room, I'd even consider it lol

Bond

May 10, 2012
I don't think PLD realizes how close his career is to ending. He has to be bought out this summer. If that happens, no team will sign him for more than 1 year. He struggles with adjusting to new teams, see this year and his first season in Winnipeg, so that will be another season of struggles. At that point, he has to hope for a PTO or going to Europe if he wants to play hockey.
That might actually be a viable out for the Kings

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Gallagher for Dubois at 50% retention is about the only thing i would agree with so it looks like he stuck in L.A.

This would basically mean LA would be getting 4 years of Gallagher at 10.75 million then another 4 years of 4.25 million in dead cap

10/10 no notes

Reactions: capazzo

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
It's time. The Dubois experiment has failed in LA. Is there any possibility of trading him out of LA?

Pluses: Dubois is still a physically gifted specimen, young at 25 years old. If he figures it out, he has all the tools to be dominant.

Minuses: Does he even enjoy hockey? Does he even understand it? What does he want out of his career, outside of being paid 8.5 million dollars a year? Where could he possibly go to unlock his "talent", or even justify his contract.

In LA, he has simply not clicked. He doesn't seem to understand the system, his struggles are effecting him mentally, and he doesn't seem interested in doing the bare minimum when he doesn't have the puck on his stick.

Is there any possibility to move him? I'd say that LA would be interested in withholding cap up to an equivalent amount that his Buy out would cost each year, but that makes him more attractive outside of having straight negative value.

I'd immediately think struggling player for struggling player? Huberdeau for Dubois, maybe some picks or prospects go back to Calgary if they can withholding cap to make their hits more equivalent? A cap dump may have to go as well.

I'm not sure what else is possible, lol
I dont see him being tradable even at 50% retention. Maybe then, but not for anything in return

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I was a huge fan of Dubois but he turned into my uncles lazy donkey. Thus PLDonkey...

Ghally for PLD and that's already a huge risk. Maybe he grows into a man but just as likely he played everyone to get that fat contract and he's going to ice graze.

One thing for sure, the entire game of wanting to get out was more about getting traded and sign that fat contract. That alone makes me suspicious about his intent for the future.

JohnBlutarski

Apr 25, 2023
Players I'd take over Dubois:
1) Iafallo
2) Valardi

Man could you imagine if a team traded those 2 guys for PLD AND adding a solid prospect in Kupari and a 2nd on top of it??? Man that team would look pretty foolish.

Oh wait....

Last edited:
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Yes, my point is that it doesn't matter when his NMC kicks in, any GM who trades for him will first want a greenlight from PLD that he is willing to play for that team... that kinda neuters the "trade him this season before his NMC kicks in" line of thinking.
After 3 teams over 4 years, who is going to take PLDonkeys word?

LA should buy him out. They will feel the sting to 2035, but it's a lot more manageable then after his NMC kicks in.

Crazy8oooo

Puck Off!
Sep 12, 2010
Orange County
If they decide to part ways, they’ll find a taker for him. They were able to pawn off Petersen who was overpaid and didn’t have the pedigree that Pld has.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
He's on a negative value contract based on his current production. Maybe you get a team to bite on him before his NMC kicks in based on his name recognition, but you'd get nothing of value in return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad