Confirmed with Link: Dorion fired. Staios interim GM.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Ya he could get a wrist slap, even though it’s the league’s incompetence, not informing him.
Honestly any type of punishment from the league would probably make it worse for them. It just brings more attention to an issue they clearly don't want people talking about.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
He didn’t get fired???
clearly given the option .. I am guessing. No idea of the particulars.
Andlauer said Dorion has resigned and was relieved of his duties as GM.

To me this says both but what do I know. At the end he said a mutual parting of the ways or something to that effect.

Its evident .. Andlauer met with Dorion to relieve him of his duties

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Wally on coming in hot saying Dorion was basically told by Melnyk to get Dadonov out asap.
Not surprising - the real dollars on that deal were about to kick in [11.5M over the next two years] and it was clear he wasn't going to work out here.

Not hard to envision a scenario where Dorion has only Vegas as a team willing to take this contract and he figures he'll just tell a little white lie [lol!] to grease the wheels with the expectation that it will never come back on him. People can do bad things when under pressure.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Hells no to Chirelli! Also, interestingly he was not terminated or fired.

They made it seem like it was going to happen but they gave him the chance to resign instead to save face.

I thought that made sense until I realized that him retiring also likely means that they don’t have to pay him, unlike they would if he was fired.

Sounds like Staios will take over in the meantime, and he soundly endorsed DJ, which is the first time we have heard an endorsement of anyone from Staios.

I’m not a dick when people get fired like some are, but I’m excited to see the next chapter. I REALLY hope they bring in a guy like Darche though, a smart up and comer for the ‘new’ NHL rather than a retread that has sucked elsewhere.

Also, we need a new head of amateur scouting for the draft!

Reactions: maclean

IpsoPostFacto

No opinions, just reactions
Dec 17, 2017

Start at 1:30 "Pierre Dorion has resigned and been relieved of his duties as General Manager"

Bring receipts

3:45. Andlauer: met with Pierre, indicated it was serious and that I couldn't come with a lesser penalty and over dinner we agreed to part ways and a little later says "I wasn't going to do this from afar, but wanted to do it in person".

What was this "lesser penalty" or what was the "it" that he wanted to do in person?

Pierre was fired, but given the chance to fall on his sword.

Reactions: BonHoonLayneCornell

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

3:45. Andlauer: met with Pierre, indicated it was serious and that I couldn't come with a lesser penalty and over dinner we agreed to part ways and a little later says "I wasn't going to do this from afar, but wanted to do it in person".

What was this "lesser penalty" or what was the "it" that he wanted to do in person?

The quote from Nichols that you responded to originally was verbatim accurate.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon

There's really no need to even debate this at this point. He was given the opportunity to resign with the understanding he's being fired otherwise.

Reactions: LiseL

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
I'm a Habs fan, but dammn I'm happy for you guys. You deserve better. You have such a great potential team with stud's like Stutzle, Tkachuk and Sanderson. You deserve like Habs with Kenth Hughes and Jeff Gorton. The future is strong for both teams!!

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Thank God Dorion is gone. Sounds like the NHL didn’t inform Andlauer of the investigation during the sale process.
Also sounds like he didn't get all the info and said he needed to find out more about the investigation and when he did he stopped the contract talks.

I don't think he was too happy about that time lag before finding out and putting a stop to it

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Andlaeur tried to get the League to reduce the penalty from a 1st. The League reduced a penalty of a 1st round pick to a 3rd for the Devils and the League cited new ownership in Jersey as part of the rationale (if not the entire rationale).

He wanted to fire Dorion in person. He basically told him to resign and that if he did not, he was getting fired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad