Confirmed with Link: Dorion fired. Staios interim GM.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
He didn’t seem too upset about the punishment, straight up said there was likely no point in appealing because everything was in the 73 page report.

He was upset about the way it was done without letting him know prior to, or even after buying the Sens. And rightfully so.
He said they were responsible for the situation due tonegligence, but seemed pretty clear that he thought the resulting punishment was overly harsh.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Rally? As in a support of Dorion rally?
Don’t know what she was talking about. At first that’s what I thought she was saying and I was like….wth?
I think she was saying we need to get out there and show support for the current? ownership and management?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Sounds true to me tbh. It's way too harsh a punishment, he's 100% right.
Forgot one other thing, he implied that maybe he wasn't told about any of this by the League during the sale process in order to maximize the sale price.

Implied is doing some heavy lifting here, his exact words were along the lines of "idk why the didn't inform me, maybe they were trying to maximize the sale price"...

Reactions: DrEasy

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
He didn’t seem too upset about the punishment, straight up said there was likely no point in appealing because everything was in the 73 page report. He said they were completely negligent, and it was completely avoidable.

He was upset about the way it was done without letting him know prior to, or even after buying the Sens. And rightfully so.
Didn't he say things done in the last 2 to 3 years where avoidable too?

Big Slaf

Apr 4, 2014
It is true and will remain so until they win a cup. Didn't like PD as a gm or as a person, think he is a weasle. Best thing I can say about him is he has character... for a french canadian.
Notre attitude baroque rock plus que les anglais de l'ouest, meme si parfois on se trouve indigeste

Reactions: branch

ottawagm

May 6, 2023
Wonder if they'll spread fake info to try to find the root(s) of the leaks.
I don't think they will. The leak provided pressure to the league. Who knows whether they were going to give a 3 year window before it became public.

He said it himself... Pinto secret... this came out, but maybe it was the other teams.... ;)

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
As far as I'm concerned Marshall Johnston was the last, and only, decent General Manager in this team's sorry history.
He was without a doubt the best they have ever had for sure. I dont think BM was put in a very good situation into succeed. He took over a team that had no prospects and picks after Muckler who gives Dorion a run as the worst GM they have ever had. Then had penny pinching melnyk on top of it and kept the team competitive.

Reactions: LiseL and DrEasy

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
I don't think they will. The leak provided pressure to the league. Who knows whether they were going to give a 3 year window before it became public.

He said it himself... Pinto secret... this came out, but maybe it was the other teams.... ;)
He said the Dadonov situation leaking out makes sense because of the other teams involved. Pinto was supposed to stay internal and LM definitely seemed to get inside info before the official release came out - probably where Andlauer got annoyed.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Oh Happy Day... Rejoice, Sens brethren!

Anyone have a link to the presser? Pretty please

ottawagm

May 6, 2023
He said the Dadonov situation leaking out makes sense because of the other teams involved. Pinto was supposed to stay internal and LM definitely seemed to get inside info before the official release came out - probably where Andlauer got annoyed.
He said he was happy it didn't leak, and it didn't. We knew something was going on but nothing about gambling publicly until afterwards.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Seriously, in that type of business, 8 years as the general manager is a very long time and quite the accomplishment. This speaks volumes of the quality of work that has been done

Thank you for your service

• Haha
Reactions: DrEasy

WallyD

Nov 20, 2022
Honestly nice move by Dorion. Resigning in this instance shows some gravitas.
Nice thought, for sure. While technically possible PD resigned, I doubt most people would willingly abandon money due them for the remaining term of a contract. PD will need every cent given his future NHL employment prospects after this very public gaff. It is common practice as part of termination agreements to refer to a departure as a 'resignation'. In this day and age very few people are 'fired', even when they are. Andlauer is wonderful and worthy of respect, but let's just say that I see the telltale signs that lawyer ventriloquist are moving his lips at times on this file.

Reactions: Mingus Dew

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
He said he was happy it didn't leak, and it didn't. We knew something was going on but nothing about gambling publicly until afterwards.
It was 100% leaked.

I forget which person on Twitter posted it, but there was a screenshot of LM texting someone that Pinto's suspension is related to gambling a day before any details of the suspension were released. That's internal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad