Confirmed with Link: Dorion fired. Staios interim GM.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

WallyD

Nov 20, 2022
Apollo 13?
Another apropos line from that movie related to today's events... "Failure is not an option!"... Sounds very much like Andlauer today. I was impressed.

Btw - fun fact... That wonderful movie line attributed to NASA flight controller Gene Kranz was never actually said by him during the event. Hilarious that Kranz subsequently used the line as the title for his 2000 book!

Last edited:

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
What did he say? I missed the press conference.
Insinuated that the League did not disclose the investigation into the Dadonov mess to the prospective buyers in order to ensure a high price for the sale.

Incendiary stuff. The loss of 1st round pick would not have significantly impacted the price of the sale but he is 100% right that it should have been disclosed by the sellers, the League, or both.

Reactions: Bileur

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Time for Ian to reach out to all the people who left the organization during Pierre's Reign of Error for an insider view of the 8 years of massive incompetence.

EYOMI instead of FYOUS!

They made it seem like it was going to happen but they gave him the chance to resign instead to save face.

I thought that made sense until I realized that him retiring also likely means that they don’t have to pay him, unlike they would if he was fired.
Yeah, pretty much a choice for Dorion between being fired for gross incompetence (for cause; at the minimum due to the Dadonov fiasco) or resigning to save face. I'm no lawyer, but I imagine there would be no pay either way?

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
He said they were responsible for the situation due tonegligence, but seemed pretty clear that he thought the resulting punishment was overly harsh.
Yep, when the reporter asked the question and said it was harsh, Andlauer agreed with him. It didn't seem ambiguous in my mind. He did say the Senators organization were at fault and was clear that the organization didn't do the right thing.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Micklebot covered it pretty well in post 363.
Thanks. I was finally able to find the presser as well. Glad I listened to it. It was chalked full of interesting stuff.

He's not a journalist. He's a columnist. Maybe a reporter if we're being charitable.
He writes for a living. To me, it just seems odd that someone wouldn't proof read what they write. Writing is a skill that is getting diminished in general lately.

Reactions: DrEasy

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
JIC at tva sports said a good thinking. He think Dorion try to fire DJ and Capuano Monday to save his job and Micheal said no no

Also said he hope for Darche for GM, Roy for coach and Benoit Groulx assistant. Would be dream

ottawagm

May 6, 2023
JIC at tva sports said a good thinking. He think Dorion try to fire DJ and Capuano Monday to save his job and Micheal said no no

Also said he hope for Darche for GM, Roy for coach and Benoit Groulx assistant. Would be dream
Is that why there was a skills practice that wasn't a skills practice?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Garrioch backing Andlauer on both Dadonov and Pinto situations.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Insinuated that the League did not disclose the investigation into the Dadonov mess to the prospective buyers in order to ensure a high price for the sale.

Incendiary stuff. The loss of 1st round pick would not have significantly impacted the price of the sale but he is 100% right that it should have been disclosed by the sellers, the League, or both.
Yes, thank you. I did find the press conference eventually and was able to listen to it.

Yep, he also said that the "seller" didn't provide the info either and "didn't think it was important" (quote/unquote). Andlauer seems like a straightforward, frank and honest guy & not found of "corporate speak". At least that's the impression I'm getting from the bit I've listed to so far.

Bettman is a lawyer. You know what they say "lawyer, liar" not much difference.

WallyD

Nov 20, 2022

How hypocritical it is for the NHL to be heavily involved in the sale of a team where they do not fully disclose active investigations, but then turn around and heavily punish that same team and new owner for not (properly) revealing terms on a 2 year old trade. Do as I say, not as I do? Andlauer is right to be pissed!

I've said this before.. Rather than relying on teams to individually manage, store and disclose all player contract terms and conditions, the league should be providing a central store for all teams. No way the league could then signoff on trades where existing terms are not disclosed. How bushleague!

Reactions: DrEasy

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
No more Dorion! A new age is upon us!

Although leave it to him to shit in our cereal on the way out with the Dadonov thing so we can't even fully enjoy it. Good riddance.

Defensefirst

Nov 6, 2022
Trade bait to get out #1 pick back ;)

download.png

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
How hypocritical it is for the NHL to be heavily involved in the sale of a team where they do not fully disclose active investigations, but then turn around and heavily punish that same team and new owner for not (properly) revealing terms on a 2 year old trade. Do as I say, not as I do? Andlauer is right to be pissed!

I've said this before.. Rather than relying on teams to individually manage, store and disclose all player contract terms and conditions, the league should be providing a central store for all teams. No way the league could then signoff on trades where existing terms are not disclosed. How bushleague!
Exactly: in short, the Sens sold Vegas a bill of good, then the NHL sold Andlauer a bill of goods. Irony #1 But only the Sens are being punished, and very harshly so.

Although leave it to him to shit in our cereal on the way out with the Dadonov thing so we can't even fully enjoy it. Good riddance.
The Dorion Special: we had to throw in a pick to get rid of him. Irony #2

(don't @ me about the meaning of irony; I'm probably using it incorrectly)

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa

Garrioch backing Andlauer on both Dadonov and Pinto situations.

Dreger is a weasel.

Dorion’s contract wasn’t expiring.

Andlauer specifically said he didn’t have the information.

Reactions: SensHulk

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Implement "Full Spin Control" now.
No need to spin… the facts changed last Friday, and the loss of the first round tipped the scales overwhelmingly against PD…. How many GMs would be willing to deal with him now.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa

Who is JIC?

JD1

Sep 12, 2005

Contracts have to be filed with the league. But you're right, the league should provide a central app. An app with that level of functionality could be built in days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad