Confirmed with Link: Dorion fired. Staios interim GM.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LiseL

Sponsor
Sep 25, 2023
Nice thought, for sure. While technically possible PD resigned, I doubt most people would willingly abandon money due them for the remaining term of a contract. PD will need every cent given his future NHL employment prospects after this very public gaff. It is common practice as part of termination agreements to refer to a departure as a 'resignation'. In this day and age very few people are 'fired', even when they are. Andlauer is wonderful and worthy of respect, but let's just say that I see the telltale signs that lawyer ventriloquist are moving his lips at times on this file.
This topic came up on today's Coming in Hot podcast with Wallace and guest Shawn Simpson. All we know is that the league's findings showed Ottawa was responsible but not exactly how (incompentence, negligence, lying)? They said if he was fired for cause or voluntarily resigned, then they don't have to pay the remainder of his contract. He may have voluntarily resigned to allow himself the opportunity to get some kind of work in the NHL but who knows? All speculation at this point.

Reactions: NB613

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I want someone to look at me the way Micheal Andlauer was looking at Ian Mendes.
Hardcore Bromance
The communications guy was not stoked with Ian asking questions after the presser was over lol!

Bruce got one in too. Both guys are gonna get a talking to for sure :)

Reactions: Tuna99

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Exactly the point and very much what I was suggesting. I know the league may well have PDF copies of the contracts on file for legal purposes, but I was referring to a central registry of players and contract terms that all teams could leverage. They could even shield some details within that are only to be disclosed to trading terms, for example if they want to keep named restricted trade teams private.

Doesn't the league already do this to some extent at the draft? Iirc, they have to submit the name of the player and have it officially approved or whatever before they go to the podium.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Andlauer inspires major confidence when I hear him talk. Accountability is a word he uses often. Forget the Dorion tomf***ery of the Dadinov situation, it means he'll be assessing every move made and how it impacts our chances of winning from here on in- and I think we're all on board with that.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Andlauer inspires major confidence when I hear him talk. Accountability is a word he uses often. Forget the Dorion tomf***ery of the Dadinov situation, it means he'll be assessing every move made and how it impacts our chances of winning from here on in- and I think we're all on board with that.
Executive presence vs biotech pump and dump master

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
This topic came up on today's Coming in Hot podcast with Wallace and guest Shawn Simpson. All we know is that the league's findings showed Ottawa was responsible but not exactly how (incompentence, negligence, lying)? They said if he was fired for cause or voluntarily resigned, then they don't have to pay the remainder of his contract. He may have voluntarily resigned to allow himself the opportunity to get some kind of work in the NHL but who knows? All speculation at this point.
Shawn Simpson isn't credible and can't even get a job in media.

The important thing is that Dorion is gone and hopefully DJ Smith is gone at the end of this season. His comments that he wanted to be .500 at the end of last month is disqualifying in and of itself, .500 hockey isn't even wildcard worthy.

Hopefully Staios can somewhat right the ship, anything would be better than what we've had the past while.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
What a wild day. Still barely halfway though all these comments and absorbing all the events today......damn.
Hopefully that's in reference to a turning point for the franchise. Lets get serious the last 17 years have been a disaster outside of a few fluke runs. 1997 to 2007 was the only time it was actually good to be a sens fan. The rest of this franchises 23 years have been fan torture.

ottawagm

May 6, 2023
Andlauer questioned why we didn't have first round picks the last few years in a french part of this interview too.

Wonder if he's asking why we went out and got a LHD so that Chabot can play his off side? Why go get DeBrincat just to have to trade him for less a year later ... (obviously to boost franchise interest and price imo). Now we lose another one from his mess up? Why?

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Andlauer questioned why we didn't have first round picks the last few years in a french part of this interview too.

Wonder if he's asking why we went out and got a LHD so that Chabot can play his off side? Why go get DeBrincat just to have to trade him for less a year later ... (obviously to boost franchise interest and price imo). Now we lose another one from his mess up? Why?
I can answer the first question:

Because Chychrun is f***ing awesome and we were lucky to get him.

WallyD

Nov 20, 2022
Doesn't the league already do this to some extent at the draft? Iirc, they have to submit the name of the player and have it officially approved or whatever before they go to the podium.
Yes, the league is not just politely informed out of courtesy. The league approves and registers anything and everything to do with operations (drafts, player contracts, trades, waivers/claims, injuries, discipline, etc...) The league needs to ensure player contracts and trades are compliant. Neither NHL teams nor NHLPA want circumvention of the collective bargaining agreement they agreed to. How can the league approve trades absent player contract details?

I would be shocked if the league relies solely on the honour system, trusts 100% what teams/GMs are claiming and does not confirm against their own records. This certainly appears to be the case though, based on trade being approved and executed. How Mickey Mouse is that? Rather dubious if not hypocritical for the NHL to fein ignorance and innocence on this file considering they approved the damned trade at the time.

boxbox

Sep 8, 2022

I can answer the first question:

Because Chychrun is f***ing awesome and we were lucky to get him.
spot on.... def PD best move and one of the franchises all time best...

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Exactly the point and very much what I was suggesting. I know the league may well have PDF copies of the contracts on file for legal purposes, but I was referring to a central registry (for teams, not public) of players and contract terms that all teams could leverage. They could even shield some details within that are only to be disclosed to trading teams, for example, if the player wants to keep named restricted or approved trade teams private.
Been thinking about this more.

Two buzz words in app development today are agile and minimum viable product

You could stand up an MVP product in hours.

Team, player, AAV, years, movement restrictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad