Does dubas remain GM if the leafs get bounced by Florida?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Does dubas remain Leaf’s GM if Toronto loses out in rd 2 ?

• Yes

Votes: 172 34.6%
  • No

Votes: 239 48.1%
  • Depends how the leafs lose in rd 2

Votes: 86 17.3%

• Total voters

DraftSchmaft

Jul 29, 2021
Dubas is literally living off the hype the name O'Reilly brings.

Made everyone forget what we really needed was a top 6 winger for the 3 amigos or a top 4 stud D to replace Muzzin, not a slow as bread at his age C whose team deemed him a reason they should end their current window and re-tool.

Our supporting cast is either slow or unskilled. What a great GM. The "skill" guys like Jarnkrok look like a poor mans Engvall trying to keep up in the top 6.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
If they win the cup this year I will reverse my opinion and hail Dubas as a genius

I'll join you. I will change my avatar with Dubas' picture and a tag line of "All Hail Dubas"

:laugh:

if these players can't win who would trade for them?

Pens traded for Kessel
Sens traded for Phaneuf
Avs traded for Kadri

you can find a dancing partner if you really want to find them. Individualy these players may be key pieces to another team that is built properly, together they don't seem to show that they can get it done. And the collection of players is totally on the GM

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
I'll join you. I will change my avatar with Dubas' picture and a tag line of "All Hail Dubas"

Pens traded for Kessel
Sens traded for Phaneuf
Avs traded for Kadri

you can find a dancing partner if you really want to find them. Individualy these players may be key pieces to another team that is built properly, together they don't seem to show that they can get it done. And the collection of players is totally on the GM
heck if the leafs win the cup I will get A Dubas Tattoo,and post a poll where hfleafs can vote to pick its location!

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Kyle benefitted from nepotism in the Soo. He never had to "work for it" like others have to. Entitlement doesn't usually yield a smart executive.

This is true on so many levels not just in this case but in all walks of life.

heck if the leafs win the cup I will get A Dubas Tattoo,and post a poll where hfleafs can vote to pick its location!

LOL man.... Get a henna tattoo don't get it permanently on your bod; leave it for the 'next time' event ;)

Reactions: Cleetus

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario

Pens traded for Kessel
Sens traded for Phaneuf
Avs traded for Kadri

were any of those deals good for us that if we made them today to move Nylander/Marner/Matthews/Tavares we would be a better team?

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
I think the team is flawed due to self imposed cap limitations but if Dubas sees the light and is willing to recalibrate, I'd be inclined to keep him around. He can get things done and mostly makes smart moves. It's really just the Tavares and Marner contracts that are killing them, Tavares never should have been signed and Marner should have been forced to take less or traded for a ransom. Letting Dubas go now is like firing a guy after you've paid for all his training just so he can slide into a competitor just to be great from day 1, poor asset management.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
were any of those deals good for us that if we made them today to move Nylander/Marner/Matthews/Tavares we would be a better team?

the options are:

1) you don't make deal you keep the same collection of players who have shown together they can't get it done

2) you don't make the deal they walk as UFAs

3) you count your blessings and move on to hopefully build something for the future first by hiring a new GM who has a foresight and plan for the next 5 years

What's the option you choose?

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I think the team is flawed due to self imposed cap limitations but if Dubas sees the light and is willing to recalibrate, I'd be inclined to keep him around. He can get things done and mostly makes smart moves. It's really just the Tavares and Marner contracts that are killing them, Tavares never should have been signed and Marner should have been forced to take less or traded for a ransom. Letting Dubas go now is like firing a guy after you've paid for all his training just so he can slide into a competitor just to be great from day 1, poor asset management.

do not agree.

there are more than 1 team in the NHL that do not have dubas as their GM that have managed to have successful regular and post season and some have made cup appearances and won cups too.

Dubas isn't Einstein who is going to change the face of already established facts in the field; dubas is not going to re-invent hockey, although he tried to do that and failed miserably.

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
the options are:

1) you don't make deal you keep the same collection of players who have shown together they can't get it done

2) you don't make the deal they walk as UFAs

3) you count your blessings and move on to hopefully build something for the future first by hiring a new GM who has a foresight and plan for the next 5 years

What's the option you choose?

so your advocating moving Tavares/Marner for a similar return as Phaneuf/Kessel?

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
so your advocating moving Tavares/Marner for a similar return as Phaneuf/Kessel?

i am advocating the benefit of the Leafs not holding on to paper tigers that can't rise to the occasion.

Life is short, I am not gonna live forever and I am not making millions like them. I want to see the f***ing cup before I die

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
I’m super confident you will not be getting any such tattoo!

do not agree.

there are more than 1 team in the NHL that do not have dubas as their GM that have managed to have successful regular and post season and some have made cup appearances and won cups too.

Dubas isn't Einstein who is going to change the face of already established facts in the field; dubas is not going to re-invent hockey, although he tried to do that and failed miserably.
Ain’t that the truth. Dubas and his skill skill skill and penchant for 5 foot 9 forwards and d men. Then started to address the grit aspect by getting way past their prime simmonds, Clifford, Thornton, Abel, and even muzzin. Muzzin was 29 when he got him, but d men like muzzin win cups at 23-24, not 29-32….

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
i am advocating the benefit of the Leafs not holding on to paper tigers that can't rise to the occasion.

Life is short, I am not gonna live forever and I am not making millions like them. I want to see the f***ing cup before I die

seems like someone who lacks patients it was people like that running our organization back in 2005-10 that sent us into a 15 year playoff drought. one thing I will say is most "Retools" infact the vast majority of them end in failure.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
seems like someone who lacks patients it was people like that running our organization back in 2005-10 that sent us into a 15 year playoff drought. one thing I will say is most "Retools" infact the vast majority of them end in failure.

Patience in line with steady progress is wisdom, patience in line with favourtism regardless of outcome given whats being played out is not wisdom it is downright lunacy.

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
His good far outweighs his bad and his worst was conditional on a reality NO ONE foresaw coming. And for what its worth, we're in a better position than Boston moving forward.

Dubas and Pridham have walked a wire. I think it would be foolish to overlook Dubas' drafting, his navigation within smallest of margins, and the opportunity approaching in the next two seasons to see what they can do provided they give themselves room to do it in, moreover given the undeniable evidence of this past deadline that Dubas absolutely gets it.

GLG.

Edited to say: Keefe on the other hand...

Reactions: authentic

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
why does it has to be with dubas as gm; why it can't be with another?

I haven't stated nothing of my opinion just trying to grasp exactly what yours is. which seems like you want a new GM to almost blow up the team and start over. because by how poorly you talk about these players nobody would be willing to give any type of value for them when the new GM came in and moved on from Marner/Tavares.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I haven't stated nothing of my opinion just trying to grasp exactly what yours is. which seems like you want a new GM to almost blow up the team and start over. because by how poorly you talk about these players nobody would be willing to give any type of value for them when the new GM came in and moved on from Marner/Tavares.

New GM with a new vision is what this team needs. The "same old same old" isn't going to work.

you have a NTCs kicking in for matthews, marner, nylander July 1st. The same horses that together haven't accomplished much,.

You either risk losing them for nothing, or you continue with them with results already showing that they are not it together

best option is to move on from them get a different look from the roster with a new vision from a new gm.

sitting on one's behind not changing anything and expecting different result is a foolish game that I am not willing to play

Reactions: Leterman and JKG33

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
do not agree.

Dubas has been plain bad, outside of his drafting and free wallets. The coach hiring and roster building has been dreadful.

Reactions: PromisedLand

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
New GM with a new vision is what this team needs. The "same old same old" isn't going to work.

you have a NTCs kicking in for matthews, marner, nylander July 1st. The same horses that together haven't accomplished much,.

You either risk losing them for nothing, or you continue with them with results already showing that they are not it together

best option is to move on from them get a different look from the roster with a new vision from a new gm.

sitting on one's behind not changing anything and expecting different result is a foolish game that I am not willing to play

you do realize this is MLSE right? we wont be going into a rebuild in the near future regardless of a new GM, the mandate for a New GM will still be to win next season, and you can't do that by making Phaneuf/Kessel deals just saying.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
you do realize this is MLSE right? we wont be going into a rebuild in the near future regardless of a new GM, the mandate for a New GM will still be to win next season, and you can't do that by making Phaneuf/Kessel deals just saying.

this gm had already front loaded the contracts, the return on the players will a lot bigger than phaneuf/kessel deal which weren't front loaded

if mlse was so in love the current idea they wouldn't have held out on giving the gm the extension unless they are doing a PR stunt

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
this gm had already front loaded the contracts, the return on the players will a lot bigger than phaneuf/kessel deal which weren't front loaded

if mlse was so in love the current idea they wouldn't have held out on giving the gm the extension unless they are doing a PR stunt

I'm going based on your view of our roster tho, you stated Tavares is a boat anchor and Marner Folds under any type of pressure were those hyperbole? and not based in reality? because if they are the reality of those players. at 11 million each no team would give you more then Kessel/Phaneuf returned.

lastly should MLSE fire Dubas it wouldn't be with the intent for the team to take a step back. so the new GM would still more then likely attempt to re-sign the Core 4 then move them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad