Does dubas remain GM if the leafs get bounced by Florida?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Does dubas remain Leaf’s GM if Toronto loses out in rd 2 ?

• Yes

Votes: 172 34.6%
  • No

Votes: 239 48.1%
  • Depends how the leafs lose in rd 2

Votes: 86 17.3%

• Total voters

Shooter2x

Nov 3, 2021
This guy is Ebenezer Scrooge pinching with his money puck garbage.
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Summed up my thoughts exactly on Hyman. After seeing the final result of the bottom 6, I can't fathom why we didn't just give Hyman what he wanted. What did we need the extra million for? Lafferty? Jarnkrok has people missing Engvall. That says a lot.

Ebenezer Scrooge helping the supporting cast coupled with the analogy of dangerously pinching is actually a heavy statement to unpack.

Too bad he wasn't Scrooge with leaking 1st round picks :sarcasm:

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: thewave

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
i am advocating the benefit of the Leafs not holding on to paper tigers that can't rise to the occasion.

Life is short, I am not gonna live forever and I am not making millions like them. I want to see the f***ing cup before I die

How old are you?

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
He can and he will remain GM.

Dubas and Keefe should be fired, but I expect them to stay.

• Wow

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
That is kinda my point, I think he will be more pragmatic going forward if he has learned his lessons. So letting him go just allows another team to benefit from all his good attributes without having to suffer his terrible ones.

He is not getting another GM job in NHL. The amount of assets we traded over the years and yet the supporting cast is pathetic. We are not talking about GM doing some magic, he had a great team full of young players.

Unless Leafs win the Cup this year.

Dubas made our window with Matthews's contract - straight to UFA with NMCs for all 3 after this playoffs.

It will be whole different negotiation this time around. New GM problems.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Keefe has to go.

If Dubas can’t or won’t do it, only then does Dubas need to go.

Otherwise I think he’s done his job.

What job did he do? Get gifted 4 amazing talents and push NuHockey on us which resulted in 0 playoff round wins until he gave up on new hockey this year? The level of performance is on Dubas not Keefe because Keefe shouldn't even be there after what happened in MTL.

We're sitting down 2 freaking games as a result of losses AT HOME and have a 13% chance of coming back and you think he has done his job? 40 freaking million dollars in 4 forwards with no results is done his job?

What is not doing his job to you? Taking a freaking flame thrower and burning down MLSE on live TV with a maniacal laugh? The guy wasted 5 years of our fan lives.

Last edited:

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Not writing them off and think they could actually come back. But if they don't, it's time for a change. And I don't think Dubas would fire Keefe

usernamezrhardtodo

Mar 26, 2014
The more I think about it, the more I want Dubas gone.

I can't separate the Keefe bad coaching from his boss.
I can't either....I doubt he stays if Keefe is forced out by MLSE. I think they are a package deal and if he doesn't realize that this is all too much for Keefe...then let Dubas follow Keefe out the door. If Dubas does good things as GM but at the same time undermines the team with a subpar coach...what can you say about him?

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I can't either....I doubt he stays if Keefe is forced out by MLSE. I think they are a package deal and if he doesn't realize that this is all too much for Keefe...then let Dubas follow Keefe out the door. If Dubas does good things as GM but at the same time undermines the team with a subpar coach...what can you say about him?

I think you may be overestimating how much intervention the mlse board is going to have into specific hockey operations decisions. I doubt they'd make Dubas fire an individual person, if they do anything more likely (potentially) mandate that Dubas shake things up and leave it up to him.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011

The idea that they are a package deal is the most ridiculous thing imaginable. What is this the freaking Donnie and Marie Osmond show or a Hockey club?

Pebble live

Oct 17, 2021
55+ years.
Many have said this team was too soft to win. Well, if the last game was not proof enough then I am not sure what can be said. If the response to Bennett and Tkachuk was not immediate, shame on them.
Dubas IS responsible...he must go.
This is my biggest gripe with the roster. It is still soft. Schenn and Acciari have helped. But its not enough.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
That is kinda my point, I think he will be more pragmatic going forward if he has learned his lessons. So letting him go just allows another team to benefit from all his good attributes without having to suffer his terrible ones.
This does make sense as long as he is willing to correct some of his major blunders but if he is going to just run it back again with tweaking around the edges he has to go

usernamezrhardtodo

Mar 26, 2014
The idea that they are a package deal is the most ridiculous thing imaginable. What is this the freaking Donnie and Marie Osmond show or a Hockey club?
Did you not remember what Dubas said about Keefe after the 1st round loss to TB? He said Keefe is an amazing coach and would prove that over the next several years. That doesn't sound like a GM who is casting a semi-critical eye at his coach if you ask me.

This is my biggest gripe with the roster. It is still soft. Schenn and Acciari have helped. But its not enough.
I think it's because absolutely none of the core players have that little mean streak in them. Schenn and Aciari can only do so much.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Judging by the level of content Shanahan has for continuing to do the same thing 7 times to win a round, I can’t see him making the change now that they won one.
They will just talk it up and continue on.
Maybe a coach, maybe but this I doubt as well.
If we come back to win round 2, then no.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Judging by the level of content Shanahan has for continuing to do the same thing 7 times to win a round, I can’t see him making the change now that they won one.
They will just talk it up and continue on.
Maybe a coach, maybe but this I doubt as well.
If we come back to win round 2, then no.
Beating Tampa and Losing in rd2 was the worse outcome. They didn’t even deserve to beat Tampa. They got some timely seeing eye shots in. Tampa was down Hedman for a lot of the seies and wasn’t full strength when he was playing, cernak played less than a game…

Reactions: PromisedLand

leafan11

Feb 13, 2010
Not sure how connected Adam Wylde is but according to him, it sounds like turmoil with the higher ups and MLSE and Dubas won’t be back based on what he’s hearing. This makes sense because there was major drama with getting Masai resigned.

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
So we’re supposed to be happy with 1 playoff series win in 7 years?

And make no mistake about it, if Hedman was anywhere near 100% and Cernak didn’t get hurt, we arguably wouldn’t have even won that.
That wasn't my point, but it's okay to be happy right after a series win while also being disappointed with one series win in seven years.

Injuries to the other team aren't my problem just like injuries to my team aren't theirs. Compete with whoever can play.
Donnie and Marie was a great show, said me as a kid.
Not sure how connected Adam Wylde is but according to him, it sounds like turmoil with the higher ups and MLSE and Dubas won’t be back based on what he’s hearing. This makes sense because there was major drama with getting Masai resigned.
More smoke. You know that they say about that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad