Does dubas remain GM if the leafs get bounced by Florida?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Does dubas remain Leaf’s GM if Toronto loses out in rd 2 ?

• Yes

Votes: 172 34.6%
  • No

Votes: 239 48.1%
  • Depends how the leafs lose in rd 2

Votes: 86 17.3%

• Total voters

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
do not agree.

there are more than 1 team in the NHL that do not have dubas as their GM that have managed to have successful regular and post season and some have made cup appearances and won cups too.

Dubas isn't Einstein who is going to change the face of already established facts in the field; dubas is not going to re-invent hockey, although he tried to do that and failed miserably.

That is kinda my point, I think he will be more pragmatic going forward if he has learned his lessons. So letting him go just allows another team to benefit from all his good attributes without having to suffer his terrible ones.

Leafshater67

Nov 2, 2019
Halifax
Bwahahahaha.....oh....your serious
Please elaborate. I’m curious to see what’s so funny about my criticism of signing guys to deals just to carry them to UFA when we see the obvious strategy for most teams is to lock their young stars up long term.

Bridge deals aren’t top dollar deals. You sign those to save money but if you’re not saving money or getting term, you basically get a Matt Tkachuk situation where he calls the shots. Terrible handling of that situation.

Shooter2x

Nov 3, 2021
Out of the 16 playoff teams Leafs are 15th in CF% , 13th in FF%, 13th in SF%, 13th in GF%, 10th in xGF%, 15th in SCF%, 14th in HDGF% and 15th in HDSV%

And we're discussing re-signing the GM :laugh:

This feels like a /thread moment

Last edited:

sunstersun

May 12, 2017
We don't even have that much talent. We're lucky Knies is so good otherwise what is our LW next year?

Do we have a replacement for Holl, Gio, and Brodie?

myleafs

May 25, 2021
Please elaborate. I’m curious to see what’s so funny about my criticism of signing guys to deals just to carry them to UFA when we see the obvious strategy for most teams is to lock their young stars up long term.

Bridge deals aren’t top dollar deals. You sign those to save money but if you’re not saving money or getting term, you basically get a Matt Tkachuk situation where he calls the shots. Terrible handling of that situation.
I agree with everything you just said here but in the text I was replying to you said M&M would hopefully take team friendly deals....hence my bwhahaha thinking that is funny cause I dont think they will

Leafshater67

Nov 2, 2019
Halifax
I agree with everything you just said here but in the text I was replying to you said M&M would hopefully take team friendly deals....hence my bwhahaha thinking that is funny cause I dont think they will
Oh ok, sorry I misunderstood. I doubt it either but all we can do is hope because of how bad Dubas messed up on the only chance he had power over them.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
I would rather see a 4-0, 4-1 series loss than a game #6 or #7 series. A longer series will give ownership and media all the ammo they need to extend this nightmare another three to four years.

Top priority this summer imo.
I dont believe KD survives a loss to the Panthers. Cinderella team or not Fla is 18th overall. Its not over yet but Sami has to be better than just okay.

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Over reacts…….we just lost 2 straight games at home to start the series. Do you think they will win 4 of the next 5 games against this team?
I do believe Florida has won 5 straight games and that included Boston!!
Unlike the Tampa series I think we showed we are better outside of the brain farts by our stars

I do think keefe and nylander are both gone and if dubas can’t do it he’s also gone. Marner I could see but doubt it and you just don’t trade a matthews.

Wouldn’t be against a Quenville or Gallant but This is my answer
Open cheque

Attachments

• 98AD56F5-A22B-47B9-9F72-F17250483AF6.jpeg
    98AD56F5-A22B-47B9-9F72-F17250483AF6.jpeg
    325.3 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: geo25 and theTTC

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
I dont believe KD survives a loss to the Panthers. Cinderella team or not Fla is 18th overall. Its not over yet but Sami has to be better than just okay.
Toronto lost to Montreal in the Canadian division, they were 18th overall to…a pattern I see

regardless of who comes back, the leafs are screwed.

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
Never try to play an online poker tourney at the same time as trying to figure out the schedule for the coming week with a zillion kids activities with the wife. I'm just saying, pretty much blinded myself out.

Fire everyone, fire the Bear, he reminds me of Gilmour and Clark that didn't win a Cup either and shouldn't be bothered to be thought of. Totally on topic.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Out of the 16 playoff teams Leafs are 15th in CF% , 13th in FF%, 13th in SF%, 13th in GF%, 10th in xGF%, 15th in SCF%, 14th in HDGF% and 15th in HDSV%

And we're discussing re-signing the GM :laugh:

This feels like a /thread moment
I haven't been paying attention to these but that is pretty bad when you consider the "% of time trailing" stat Sportsnet keeps shoving in our face.

Hence why I keep pushing the idea a select few players keep saving Scooby Doo's ass.

Shooter2x

Nov 3, 2021
I haven't been paying attention to these but that is pretty bad when you consider the "% of time trailing" stat Sportsnet keeps shoving in our face.

Hence why I keep pushing the idea a select few players keep saving Scooby Doo's ass.
Why in the world do we need to consider anything else, it's straight up bad on it's own:laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: Havoc

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Why in the world do we need to consider anything else, it's straight up bad on it's own:laugh:
Well I mean for my quest to show that Dubas sucks and keeps getting saved by a core we don't need him to have, I have pretty much all the evidence I need right now to be untouchable with this statement. The % trailing stat is nail in the coffin for that. I don't need to explain why.

People knock us for losing round 1 again last season but I find it admirable our core was able to dominate Tampa's core to even push it to 7 games. Dubas supporting cast always sucks and offers nothing. Dubas deserved to be swept. Core deserved better.

Nobody even @'s me any more because they know they have no ammo to battle me. Dubas provided them with nothing besides "because I say so".

Reactions: Shooter2x

Shooter2x

Nov 3, 2021
Well I mean for my quest to show that Dubas sucks and keeps getting saved by a core we don't need him to have, I have pretty much all the evidence I need right now to be untouchable with this statement. The % trailing stat is nail in the coffin for that. I don't need to explain why.

People knock us for losing round 1 again last season but I find it admirable our core was able to dominate Tampa's core to even push it to 7 games. Dubas supporting cast always sucks and offers nothing. Dubas deserved to be swept. Core deserved better.

Nobody even @'s me any more because they know they have no ammo to battle me. Dubas provided them with nothing besides "because I say so".

They need you to do the dirty work for them defending the core to death, so probably give you space and freedom to rip on Dubas lol

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
They need you to do the dirty work for them defending the core to death, so probably give you space and freedom to rip on Dubas lol
Dubas can go take a nap during the games for all I care. Matthews Marner Nylander Rielly and JT don't need him to win this cup. But if we did have a competent GM, it would go more to the "guaranteed" end for winning.

Shooter2x

Nov 3, 2021
You know, this statement actually hits harder when you consider the goaltending they had to deal with too, courtesy of Dubas.

Reactions: geo25 and Havoc

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
You know, this statement actually hits harder when you consider the goaltending they had to deal with too, courtesy of Dubas.
He doesn't even give them a top 4 D this year man. They lose Muzzin and he does nothing. Even when we had Muzzin we needed a top 4 still!

This guy is Ebenezer Scrooge pinching with his money puck garbage. Justin Holl xGF% ass is sitting in the press box now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad