Does dubas remain GM if the leafs get bounced by Florida?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Does dubas remain Leaf’s GM if Toronto loses out in rd 2 ?

• Yes

Votes: 172 34.6%
  • No

Votes: 239 48.1%
  • Depends how the leafs lose in rd 2

Votes: 86 17.3%

• Total voters

digger1188

Oct 13, 2020
I cannot fathom how "many" of your Leafs fans still defend tour GM Dubas.

If there wasnt money ball, this kid would have never gotten that SOO GM first place, not to mention AHL/NHL job.

He hired his buddy from SOO, dead give away, deaaaad give away..

Signed the biggest fish of the free agency just because he wanted to impress everyone. - but Leafs didnt need another center, center position was your strength

That was the signing thar ruined everything, it created bad blood among players, core players was displeased.

Then more shit started to hit the fence, the whole Nylander saga,then followed the over paying your top guys, making the cap control impossible, that effects you guys even today so hard.

Constantly brings in the wrong players and lets go the right players. Dubas also seems to brake under fan pressure as well; maybe thats the biggest reason why he makes such bad decisions, or... he just sucks
You make some good points about the Tavares signing creating a chain reaction of overpaying guys. They all looked at that contract, and said “well if he deserves that, then so do I.” One of Nylander, or Marner should have been dealt during their holdouts. It was an opportunity to create an environment where it was clear that the inmates weren’t going to run the asylum. Dubas got totally schooled there when he just caved to both of those guys. They all got paid, and they’ve all underperformed in the playoffs ever since.

To be fair though, I don’t think any of us could have guessed that Tavares’s effectiveness would have declined so quickly. I mean think of what could have been had Stamkos went to Toronto the off season before, instead of Tavares. We’d most likely be talking about a championship in Toronto by now, because real leaders don’t accept passengers on their team - bringing it down for too long.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
This is the same team that gave up on Babcock too. It’s rotten from top to bottom. IMO

This team did not give up on Babs. Babs wanted more out of them. Stop bringing him into the equation

Babs teams lost to Boston and Washington. Not Columbus or Montreal being up 3-1

They were bunch of teenagers back 5 years ago. Lot has changed since. Babs only had Tavares for 1 year

Keefe just sucks

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
This team did not give up on Babs. Babs wanted more out of them. Stop bringing him into the equation

They were bunch of teenagers back 5 years ago. Lot has changed since. Babs only had Tavares for 1 year

Keefe just sucks

Keefe had all the emotion of a sponge in the post game press conference.

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010

Keefe just sucks
If we kept Babs, it would happen sooner than later that trade quests would be demanded like with Sutter in Calgary. Babcock was the answer in the early years, Keefe was not the answer these last 3 years. Time for an experience coach.

Reactions: fahad203

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
If we kept Babs, it would happen sooner than later that trade quests would be demanded like with Sutter in Calgary. Babcock was the answer in the early years, Keefe was not the answer these last 3 years. Time for an experience coach.

While all that is true

I guarantee you babs would have no lost to the Habs being up 3-1
Babs wouldn't his team to lose to a zamboni driver

We hate Babs
Let's not forget who Babs is. One of Canada's greatest coach

Reactions: Gabriel426

digger1188

Oct 13, 2020
God forbid people who are passionate about their team and care about how they do not show some emotion when things go good or bad. :rolleyes: Also for people who think Dubas should be fired I wonder how old many of them are because if you've seen how the Leafs were managed the past 20-30 years you probably wouldn't be so quick to call for his head.

A1LeafNation

Oct 17, 2010
While all that is true

We hate Babs
Probably, but he's an asshole and would not want a winning at all costs coach. I want to win badly but not at the expense of the players mental health or like what went down with Quennville in Chicago.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Probably, but he's an asshole and would not want a winning at all costs coach. I want to win badly but not at the expense of the players mental health or like what went down with Quennville in Chicago.

Bro come on. He coached plenty of other teams and Datsyuk lidstorm are perfectly fine

Mental health and mentally weak are not the same thing. These guys are mentally weak

Babs wanted to build good habits. He wasn't always right about culture but tactical he was good.

Keefe is nothing.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
While all that is true

We hate Babs
I don’t think Babs would lose to BJs too.
Torts literally countered everything Keefe threw at him.

A1LeafNation

Oct 17, 2010
Bro come on. He coached plenty of other teams and Datsyuk lidstorm are perfectly fine

Mental health and mentally weak are not the same thing. These guys are mentally weak

Babs wanted to build good habits. He wasn't always right about culture but tactical he was good.

Keefe is nothing.
It's not either or with Babcock and Keefe. Babcock was undermining the GM. We tried both, they didn't work out. Time for a new voice.

eddieO

Jan 9, 2013
The Beach
I cannot fathom how "many" of your Leafs fans still defend tour GM Dubas.

If there wasnt money ball, this kid would have never gotten that SOO GM first place, not to mention AHL/NHL job.

He hired his buddy from SOO, dead give away, deaaaad give away..

Signed the biggest fish of the free agency just because he wanted to impress everyone. - but Leafs didnt need another center, center position was your strength

That was the signing thar ruined everything, it created bad blood among players, core players was displeased.

Then more shit started to hit the fence, the whole Nylander saga,then followed the over paying your top guys, making the cap control impossible, that effects you guys even today so hard.

Constantly brings in the wrong players and lets go the right players. Dubas also seems to brake under fan pressure as well; maybe thats the biggest reason why he makes such bad decisions, or... he just sucks
Don't give Kyle that much credit. He got the Soo GM job because his grandpa ran the team.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
The Quenville thing is really bad and I don’t think Babs would gone that far.

I do agree that Babs is an ass and would probably hurt the guys feelings. The question is would the team be better off? Looking at it today, I think the team would have been better off. For starter, Babs won’t be playing Holl, lol.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
It's not either or with Babcock and Keefe. Babcock was undermining the GM. We tried both, they didn't work out. Time for a new voice.

I'm not Team Babcock, pretty sure no one is. But I don't blame a guy undermining a younger version of Dubas in the professional ranks cause I've been sitting here since 2018 with the same doubts about a lot of things that have gone on. I could only wonder what was going through the mind of a coach when you finish a series vs Boston, need to get heavier, bigger, stronger defensively and Dubas brought you Tyson Barrie.

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015

Keefe just sucks
My point is it’s not just the coach. IMO. Keefe sucks, Dubas sucks and so does the core.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

You can't put those two names together like that. There's no equivalency between being a jerk boss and what happened in Chicago.

A1LeafNation

Oct 17, 2010
The Quenville thing is really bad and I don’t think Babs would gone that far.

I do agree that Babs is an ass and would probably hurt the guys feelings. The question is would the team be better off? Looking at it today, I think the team would have been better off. For starter, Babs won’t be playing Holl, lol.
You may be right. He was however playing Marleau over Matthews and Marner. He didn't recognize Marleau was done. He didn't play centers on the PK, he also played a broken Hyman and a broken Gardiner. Babcock had flaws too.

I'm not Team Babcock, pretty sure no one is. But I don't blame a guy undermining a younger version of Dubas in the professional ranks cause I've been sitting here since 2018 with the same doubts about a lot of things that have gone on. I could only wonder what was going through the mind of a coach when you finish a series vs Boston, need to get heavier, bigger, stronger defensively and Dubas brought you Tyson Barrie.
They were also having trouble getting the puck out on the right side at the time.

Babcock questioned the Muzzin trade because he wasn't right handed. That's a bigger stronger dman.

Reactions: myleafs

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
While trading away the only player who gave a damn. Imagine Babs running this current team. Guys whom been in the league long enough and knows how to play and what to do, Schenn, McCabe, TJ(I know both played bad tonight), Reilly, Gio, Gus, Lilly(think Babs would love Lilly), Lafferty, ZAR, Kampf, Acciari and ROR.

A1LeafNation

Oct 17, 2010
You can't put those two names together like that. There's no equivalency between being a jerk boss and what happened in Chicago.
Win at all costs, yes two extremely different cases, but looks like he ruined Mules life.

He also hasn't been hired since which is a story in itself.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
You may be right. He was however playing Marleau over Matthews and Marner. He didn't recognize Marleau was done. He didn't play centers on the PK, he also played a broken Hyman and a broken Gardiner. Babcock had flaws too.

They were also having trouble getting the puck out on the right side at the time.

Babcock questioned the Muzzin trade because he wasn't right handed. That's a bigger stronger dman.
I am by no means saying Babs is perfect. But he is a better coach than Keefe.

He didn’t play C at PK bc he didn’t have defensive C, AM, Kadri, Bozak then JT, none of them PK. When he had Boyle and Turtleneck, think both of them played PK.
He played Marleau and Leo way more than he should.
As for Hyman and Jake, don’t think he had options back then.
This current Leafs team is the deepest and most talented Leafs team in the Shanny era.
They got depth in all positions. Something Babs didn’t have. And like Stephen said, Dubas delivered Barrie to him when he needed a shut down Dman.

A1LeafNation

Oct 17, 2010
I am by no means saying Babs is perfect. But he is a better coach than Keefe.

He didn’t play C at PK bc he didn’t have defensive C, AM, Kadri, Bozak then JT, none of them PK. When he had Boyle and Turtleneck, think both of them played PK.
He played Marleau and Leo way more than he should.
As for Hyman and Jake, don’t think he had options back then.
This current Leafs team is the deepest and most talented Leafs team in the Shanny era.
They got depth in all positions. Something Babs didn’t have. And like Stephen said, Dubas delivered Barrie to him when he needed a shut down Dman.
Agree. It's too bad Babs couldnt manage to get along with management long enough to coach this current team, but he burned his bridges and that's on him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad