GDT: DIG IN! RIGHT NOW! Mantra of the 24-25 Season starts today! Oilers v Jets, 8 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
Yeah that’s probably it, just an insanely streaky guy, kinda like Osgood.

Live by the sword, die by the sword.
Live by the 16 game win streak, die by the 2-9-1.

That's what I've noticed at least. Ideally you want a consistent goalie but what the hell, this team has box office talent in McDavid, Drai and Bouch that leave you at the edge of your seat.

With fans like ours, why not a goalie with day to day results that leaves us searching for adjectives like Skinner.

onetweasy

"That's just like, your opinion, man"
Oct 16, 2005
Bowling Alley
Scoring chances don’t matter if the shots are muffins directed straight into the goalie’s chest.

High danger chances is at least a somewhat defined metric that people try to apply equally across all games.

You’re just stating an opinion on what kind of shot you think they were and why they didn’t go in.

But hey, I get it. Some people will never blame a goalie. I ain’t that person. An NHL goalie needs to make saves to win. Skinner was trash and did not give his team even the slightest chance to win tonight.

Reactions: Keggatron

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
I disagree with that. I think management has taken goaltending EXTREMELY seriously but has let taking it so seriously lead to some terrible decision making.

Like the trade Chiarelli made for Talbot back in 2015 was once talked about being so lopsided that the mains were saying how that was Sather (who was NYR’s GM) did us a favour before he retired.

Then Chiarelli makes a dreadful decision about goaltending when Talbot struggles on a terrible Oilers team. That leads to the Koskinen contract which handcuffs us to lower AAV goalies until that contract is gone.

If we were being serious the biggest misstep is Holland not going after Ullmark duing the UFA period where we signed Hyman. I’m not sure if the cap numbers would’ve worked out but I would have done a lot differently if I knew what Ullmark did between 2021 and 2024.

A Ullmark-Skinner tandem would be top 5 in the league.

That’s the only time when goaltending was disregarded.
Interesting note about Talbot, when he struggled after coming under the tutelage of Schwartz, he started contacting Allaire to get him back on track.

JeffSkinner53

Jul 25, 2020
Vancouver
hfboards.mandatory.com
967wik.jpg

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
Not sure why you guys are complaining. I'm having a great time!

Granted, I shut it off at 3-0 and have been listening to this song for the past hour or so.

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
When paid mouthpieces in the employ are calling this out in the season opener, you know it's already hitting critical mass. I just cannot understand it. With the history from last f***ing season, when they had to go on a complete heater just to draw even, fresh off the ugliness of losing in game 7, and this is what they come out with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad