GDT: DIG IN! RIGHT NOW! Mantra of the 24-25 Season starts today! Oilers v Jets, 8 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
It appears we aren't digging in

Can't waste McDavid swearing so early in the year.

Could Katz maybe get Gordon Ramsay into the locker room for us?

Pep talk for Nurse first:

1481917610-84624509.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Oilhawks

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
Yeah I saw.

The defense giving up shots from low percentage locations.

Did you see the clown in nets attempt at being a goalie?
When the Jets are able to pick corners like they have, maybe disrupt the shots?

I'm not saying Skinner is a superstar, but he also makes 30% of what Hellebuyk does (who was beaten cleanly on a lower percentage shot - but finish counts). The D needs to step up and the forwards need to score. That is where the investment is, so yeah, they take more of the heat.

OfCorsiDid

Time is a flat circle.
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
They have never taken the position seriously in all of mcdavids time here

I disagree with that. I think management has taken goaltending EXTREMELY seriously but has let taking it so seriously lead to some terrible decision making.

Like the trade Chiarelli made for Talbot back in 2015 was once talked about being so lopsided that the mains were saying how that was Sather (who was NYR’s GM) did us a favour before he retired.

Then Chiarelli makes a dreadful decision about goaltending when Talbot struggles on a terrible Oilers team. That leads to the Koskinen contract which handcuffs us to lower AAV goalies until that contract is gone.

If we were being serious the biggest misstep is Holland not going after Ullmark duing the UFA period where we signed Hyman. I’m not sure if the cap numbers would’ve worked out but I would have done a lot differently if I knew what Ullmark did between 2021 and 2024.

A Ullmark-Skinner tandem would be top 5 in the league.

That’s the only time when goaltending was disregarded.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Nurse and Emberson got pinned on the ice for a long time. That pairing cannot continue.
That third goal was awful. Neither Perry nor Emberson went into the corner to get the puck. It slid to the boards and Morrisey easily threw it across to Kupari for the goal. Just wow.

Yes only one game but this isn't really a good sign so far

Last edited:
Reactions: Cloned

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Hey guys, it's not 8-1....yet. Baby Steps

I knew these guys would shit the bed to start the season, it's just what they do. Wake me up in January when they're ready to play real hockey.

Reactions: Duke74 and Ibanez
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad