Post-Game Talk: Different night, same movie. 4-1 Jets over Canucks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
Hamonic is a good fit but we can't afford what it will take here to get him. It isn't our 1st that will get him. the islanders are a competing team that needs a replacement for Hamonic and that piece leaves us in the same ****** spot we are tonight.

coldsteel79

Sep 28, 2015
sask
same old story. miller needs to get rested. glad sbisa was back. nailed ehlers but then got jumped by a bigger peluso. defense was atrotious!. bartman playing 23mins? what? so does benning do something to shuffle the deck? trade a few vets? to send a message or let this movie play for the rest of the season until the deadline then ship them out for firsts and 2nds?

None of our veterans are worth firsts

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Do the "true fans" have the $$ to put their butts in seats?

No to Hamonic, that will likely cost too high. Our 1st is already a lot to pay, never mind the +

Put a condition on the first. Lottery protected, if it's top 14 this year it rolls over to 2017.

We have a lot of good things to move for a good player. Hamonic is 25, he's not 30. It will cost a lot but it will be worth it in the long run to not have to stress about finding another capable RHD in UFA or through the draft.

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
I'll hang in with Benning as long as he protects our draft choices and trades away UFA vets for futures.

But if he trades away our first for temporary help or keeps the Hamhuises and Vrbatas past the trade deadline then there should be a hell to pay and open boycott of the team.

Most sane and reasonably intelligent people have been saying rebuild for the last couple of years and it is so clearly needed.

We'll see if Benning has the gonads to do the right thing. If he does he will find the true fans behind him.

Keeping WD around as the caretaker for a rebuilding team isn't the worst move. Changing coaches will change nothing.

Bingo! excellent post, some sanity and objectivity.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Hamonic is a good fit but we can't afford what it will take here to get him. It isn't our 1st that will get him. the islanders are a competing team that needs a replacement for Hamonic and that piece leaves us in the same ****** spot we are tonight.

Edler + 1st is a lot (lottery protected) but if that's what it takes that's what you do.

Hamonic is better than any defenseman were likely to draft with that pick.

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
Put a condition on the first. Lottery protected, if it's top 14 this year it rolls over to 2017.

We have a lot of good things to move for a good player. Hamonic is 25, he's not 30. It will cost a lot but it will be worth it in the long run to not have to stress about finding another capable RHD in UFA or through the draft.

Maybe you're right...I think it's tough getting involved in a bidding war (is his list open?) when the team is where it's at in terms of life cycle.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Maybe you're right...I think it's tough getting involved in a bidding war (is his list open?) when the team is where it's at in terms of life cycle.

He doesn't have an NTC but the Islanders want to work with his request because it's apparently for serious personal reasons (likely family). He said he wanted to go to Western Canada.

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
Hamonic would be a nice fit especially if he's not soft and small like the rest of our defence. Other than Luca who's physical?
If only Edler was more consistent on his physical game. He can play like such a monster but just.. Doesn't.

And no to trading our first, even if it's lottery protected. Vrbata and Hamhuis traded at the deadline will yield at least another 1st among other assets.

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver

You do realize Hamonic will be wasted here, not worth the assets. Hamonic will be exiting his prime when the Canucks are cup contenders again.

coldsteel79

Sep 28, 2015
sask
Shhhhh. Vrbata is "easily" worth a 1st. He's a sniper, yo. And Hamhuis is going to return a 1st and a good prospect, osteoporosis be damned!

Oops my bad I meant to say none of our veterans are not worth a first. Forgot the double negative

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
If only Edler was more consistent on his physical game. He can play like such a monster but just.. Doesn't.

And no to trading our first, even if it's lottery protected. Vrbata and Hamhuis traded at the deadline will yield at least another 1st among other assets.

Vrbata with his whopping 3 goals 25% into the season is going to net a first?

I doubt it.

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
Vrbata with his whopping 3 goals 25% into the season is going to net a first?

I doubt it.

Vrbata and Hamhuis. As in collectively. Top 3 Dmen like Hamhuis get 1st round picks at the trade deadline. Vrbata? Don't know what the hell is going on. He could get hot. Isn't his S% insanely low relative to his average? I expect it to normalize by the time the deadline rolls around.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Edler + 1st is a lot (lottery protected) but if that's what it takes that's what you do.

Hamonic is better than any defenseman were likely to draft with that pick.

I think you are underrating Edler's value and overrated Hamonic's value, especially since the Isles are in a tough situation regarding the number of teams he can make a trade to (if he agrees to go along with Hamonic's request).

We really shouldn't be giving up more than Edler + a 2nd. The max I'd do is Edler + Cassels. It gives the Isles a somewhat equally good d-man who can replace his minutes for the next few years, as well as a potential 2nd/3rd line tweener with tons of intangibles. :naughty:

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville

Only if you fluked out and traded them together.

Neither one of those guys are going to get us a first by themselves.

Unless of course they turn their seasons around and Benning learns the art of negotiation.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
You do realize Hamonic will be wasted here, not worth the assets. Hamonic will be exiting his prime when the Canucks are cup contenders again.

Tanev doesn't cost us assets playing him, Hamonic will. Why try to prolong the inevitable, just let this team fade and sell off its Vets and have a great draft.

It's not prolonging anything, Hamonic is signed through until 2022. That's a piece of your new core.

Zaddy91

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
We shouldnt do anything let vrbata get his groove back and then tradeboth him and hamhuis for a 1st to same team like mtl or nyi

The Jesus*

I think you are underrating Edler's value and overrated Hamonic's value, especially since the Isles are in a tough situation regarding the number of teams he can make a trade to (if he agrees to go along with Hamonic's request).

We really shouldn't be giving up more than Edler + a 2nd. The max I'd do is Edler + Cassels. It gives the Isles a somewhat equally good d-man who can replace his minutes for the next few years, as well as a potential 2nd/3rd line tweener with tons of intangibles. :naughty:

I'd do Edler+2nd, solely because Hamonic is younger. Big no to moving our 1st or any of our top prospects out though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad