Prospect Info: Devon Levi, G, Northeastern University (obtained in Reinhart deal) - Signed 3/17/23, Assigned 4/3/24

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
at large bids arent announced till this weekend
This isn't basketball, the "at large" teams are not subjectively selected, they are determined by the pairwise rankings. If a team does qualify automatically for winning their conference, and they are not ranked in the top ten of the remaining teams in the pairwise ranking, they are not going to make the tournament, and everyone knows it. Northeastern cannot move up the pairwise enough to qualify regardless of what else happens. They are done.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
This isn't basketball, the "at large" teams are not subjectively selected, they are determined by the pairwise rankings. If a team does qualify automatically for winning their conference, and they are not ranked in the top ten of the remaining teams in the pairwise ranking, they are not going to make the tournament, and everyone knows it. Northeastern cannot move up the pairwise enough to qualify regardless of what else happens. They are done.
guess he jsut doesnt want to sign then

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
Honestly, this week. :laugh:

That said, let's get on with the signing. If it's the dressing for a game thing to get a year burned off the ELC, do it up.
After last night’s shit show, I say give him a game. These turds aren’t going to pull off a wild card spot.

RefsIdeas

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Getting a little impatient with this now. His two teammates have signed, I don’t understand what the hold up is?

Reactions: pf8363

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY
Getting a little impatient with this now. His two teammates have signed, I don’t understand what the hold up is?

There isn't a hold up, he doesn't want to sign right now. He hasn't made up his mind on playing his last year of college. I think at minimum he would want to finish this semester. I don't see him wanting to play anymore hockey this year (here or in AHL).

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

DEVON LEVI

Aiden McDonough is in Vancouver. Jayden Struble is in Montreal. Now, Buffalo fans ask, “Where’s our Northeastern guy?”

Make no mistake, the Sabres have made it very clear they want him in the organization right away. They weren’t thrilled by reports they were interested in adding a goalie prior to the trade deadline, because they’d made it clear to Levi and his advisors there would be a legit route to the NHL if he showed he was ready.

We’ll see where this goes on Thursday. Levi is thinking it over, and he’s shown he’s not afraid to consider non-traditional pathways. But he’s clearly ready for professional hockey, and the Sabres have Swiped Right for this Tinder Date.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
There isn't a hold up, he doesn't want to sign right now. He hasn't made up his mind on playing his last year of college. I think at minimum he would want to finish this semester. I don't see him wanting to play anymore hockey this year (here or in AHL).
If this is true, and I don't think it is, it might be time to be worried.

OldScool

Nov 27, 2007
Would Levi's teammates signing contracts already preclude them playing in the tourney if NU somehow gets in? Seems like the party is over, turn out the lights.
Yes. Once they sign they are professional athletes and no longer NCAA eligible.

Reactions: Ralonzo

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I almost want to see Levi and Johnson walk just to watch Adams “intentionally hurt the team by failing to address GOALIE AND DEFENSE because I need to trick children into signing here plan“ blows up in his stupid face

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018
Some of you will go on the warpath for this but I think it’s pretty likely if he doesn’t sign this year he’s gone. Buffalo has a rotten reputation out there in the goalie arena. My guess is if Levi doesn’t sign this year he’s getting advice to go UFA.

He obviously is not enthusiastic to sign or it would have been done already. There was never any talk about him returning to the NCAA next year until now. He said so himself last year when he said he wanted one more shot to get his team to the frozen 4.

KA put all his eggs in this basket and if he comes up short here, I’ll be certainly questioning his ability to negotiate outside the organization and to sell his vision of the organization.

His personality can leave a lot to be desired based on his interviews.

Edit: I’m not saying he’s not signing, but if it’s not done so soon, I think something is brewing behind the scenes. When you leave a tender out to get smeared with 10 goals and lack defense every game, who knows how that impacts a young goaltender’s perception of your organization.

Last edited:

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Such a miserable stance. Try maybe supporting the team. It’s more fun.
Blind fanaticism in the face of the worst ownership in sports, the longest playoff drought in history, and an asinine plan to intentionally leave holes to get college kids to sign is not a good thing.

We’re reaching the best thing for the team being a GM who wants to win…not do nothing and hope.

You’ll get there too.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
KA put all his eggs in this basket and if he comes up short here, I’ll be certainly questioning his ability to negotiate outside the organization and to sell his vision of the organization.
He would need to be fired. He will have intentionally hurt his roster for nothing.

zenthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Blind fanaticism in the face of the worst ownership in sports, the longest playoff drought in history, and an asinine plan to intentionally leave holes to get college kids to sign is not a good thing.

We’re reaching the best thing for the team being a GM who wants to win…not do nothing and hope.

You’ll get there too.
I’d still rather not lose good prospects so that I can win arguments online

BuffaloGooner

Sep 8, 2011
Sloan, NY

You’ll get there too.
If you honestly think the organization wants to run UPL/Comrie next year or put all their eggs in the Levi basket then idk what to tell you. They tried to get Matt Murray, they wanted Talbot this deadline! UPL was in rumors going to LA.

They don’t like this tandem. It’s proven.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything

I certainly hope the organization did not purposefully and willfully fail to address the goalie situation last summer to appease a prospect. Even one as well regarded as Levi. What is the difference between knee capping your goalie situation to keep a prospect happy and icing a bad team to get a higher draft pick? Is there one?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad