Post-Game Talk: Devils vs Yankees...err, I mean Rangers

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
For someone taken in the top 4 in that draft, he hasn't exactly set the world on fire. He was supposed to be one of the kids from that draft that was supposed to step right in to the lineup. How much of it is impatience by DeBoer?

Not much. Most of it is him just being a mediocre player.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Well, obviously.

They are beyond stacked at D with Gelinas, Merrill and Urbom, 3 total studs. They also have Damon Severson who didn't make Canada because he was too good.

And don't even get me started on Brandon Burlon.

Don't forget that future hall of famer Santini will be joining them soon.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Not much. Most of it is him just being a mediocre player.

Much like Tim Erixon, who was being discussed in another thread, I still have faith that Larsson will develop into a fine player. As is often the case, though, people fail to understand how difficult a young defenseman's development path can be. And obviously the predictions of perennial all star nominations were ****ing ridiculous.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Feel pretty happy for the Rangers fans that went.

Must've had a helluva time. Very jealous.

ArPanet

May 3, 2012
On the penalty shot goal he literally doesn't say anything for over 2 seconds after the puck goes in.

"We had a penalty shot attempt last night in Los Angeles, it was not scored on................this one was. 7-3."

He doesn't even say the word "score".

Probably had trouble picking it up.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
This also puts them into the positive goal differential for the first time this year

They're actually even. A lot of standings include the "goal" earned by a team in a shootout win as an actual goal. Currently, they've scored and allowed 136 goals.

bmoak

Apr 4, 2004
IIRC, this is the first time this season the Rangers have had a positive GF/GA differential.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Was at the stadium, was a fun atmosphere. Cold as ****.

Glad they pulled it out. There were actually slightly more devils fans there IMO, but didn't matter after the first thank god. I walked the stadium the entire game, plenty of open seats. Probably 70% capacity, maybe less.

Tough to analyze each teams game. You could tell the goalies were fighting it. It was just a weird thing for them. It was a big surprise seeing the snow, but it was a blast.what a second. Awesome that Marty blew it. Couldn't stop a bowling ball

Last edited:

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Was at the stadium, was a fun atmosphere. Cold as ****.

Glad they pulled it out. There were actually slightly more devils fans there IMO, but didn't matter after the first thank god. I walked the stadium the entire game, plenty of open seats. Probably 70% capacity, maybe less.

Yup, mentioned the empty seats in the Yankee Stadium thread.

I think Wednesday is going to be even worse because the Devils put in a pretty decent showing. I don't think as many Isles fans are going to go and I also don't see a lot of Rangers fans going to both.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Gotta say though, walking in, with it being so cold and such a big game... And seeing that rink in the middle of the stadium with all of the snow... One of the best sports experiences of my life.

With the snow starting to come down unexpectedly and the Rangers lighting them up in the second. One of the best stretches of Rangers hockey I've ever had the pleasure of being in attendance for. Glad I brought the flasks lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad