Post-Game Talk: Devils vs Yankees...err, I mean Rangers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Just got back. Wow that was a fun experience.

Snow falling in the 2nd was so perfect.

Only gripe: I know it's cold, but people take your damn hats off during the national anthem. Drives me nuts.

Raspewtin

Stay at home defenseman hater
May 30, 2013
Jesus christ the new excuse is that the Devils didn't play well because the game was out doors, and they played too relaxed :laugh:.

It's nothing but excuses with them. Pathetic.

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
Well one thing is for sure...

Brodeur definitely didn't pick up any class changing in the same locker room that Jeter does. Future hall of fame goalie you would think the man would go out with some...

Player big P

no more striptease no more flashes
Feb 4, 2010
Prague
The NHL.com summary has an interesting point of view on that McDonagh hit:

"Hagelin delivered a crunching hit on Devils captain Bryce Salvador at 1:05 and Zajac returned the favor not long after when he dumped defenseman Ryan McDonagh into the New Jersey player's bench."

Jan 8, 2012
NY
What an experience. Was glorious. May have to return Wednesday. How audible were the Marty chants on TV?

Pretty good for the crowd being so far from the mics.

Finished skimming through their glorious GDT. There was one poster in particular who literally posted "5 fluke goals" about 600 times. Love their tears.

"Hagelin delivered a crunching hit on Devils captain Bryce Salvador at 1:05 and Zajac returned the favor not long after when he dumped defenseman Ryan McDonagh into the New Jersey player's bench."

Well yeah, if you count holding a player in a chokehold with your legs after he dumped you into the bench a "hit" then sure.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown

Doc Emerick's wet dream view?

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
I remember a certain Debbie fan who bet me that Larsson would be better than Staal by now.

Hmm.

Funny how you never see him post stuff like that, now.

For someone taken in the top 4 in that draft, he hasn't exactly set the world on fire. He was supposed to be one of the kids from that draft that was supposed to step right in to the lineup. How much of it is impatience by DeBoer?

Jan 8, 2012
NY
I don't care that this was a NJD home game. I thought that bringing the Devils PA announcer was so dumb. Give me a neutral party who will be excited to announce both teams, not some loser who sounds like his dog died when announcing a Rangers goal.

Doctor King Schultz

Garian Maborik
May 3, 2012
NYC
He sounded more and more depressed as the game went on.

Can't stand him.

On the penalty shot goal he literally doesn't say anything for over 2 seconds after the puck goes in.

"We had a penalty shot attempt last night in Los Angeles, it was not scored on................this one was. 7-3."

He doesn't even say the word "score".

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I don't care that this was a NJD home game. I thought that bringing the Devils PA announcer was so dumb. Give me a neutral party who will be excited to announce both teams, not some loser who sounds like his dog died when announcing a Rangers goal.

I think it's a disservice to the Rangers fans that went to the game. They should have had the Rangers goal song too.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
Lidstr...er, Larsson is down in the AHL at the moment.

Well, obviously.

They are beyond stacked at D with Gelinas, Merrill and Urbom, 3 total studs. They also have Damon Severson who didn't make Canada because he was too good.

And don't even get me started on Brandon Burlon.

ArPanet

May 3, 2012
So yeah this is what goes on in my head...

w=586;h=426;129827.jpg

Untitled-1.png

Awecellent!

NYR2007

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2009
New York
I think it's a disservice to the Rangers fans that went to the game. They should have had the Rangers goal song too.

Yeah WTF that really pissed me off.. in Philly they had the Rangers goal song

~Im so happy we won this game, you could feel the ignorance was coming from the Devil fans if they won this game...

Overall i saw no fights and everyone had a good time.... first time i seen that in a long time at a ranger devil game

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad