Post-Game Talk: Devils @ The Powerhouse 1:00pm

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Triumverate of Luminous Astronomical Spheroidal Objects

• Total voters

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
213ss9.jpg

Me, still waiting for Gryba to step up.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Not going to lie--I like it when we beat the Devils. This was pretty much a nothing on the line game though. Mika did hit 60 points. Vesey hit 30 and I'm wondering if he can get to 40 before the year is out. Buchnevich has been playing a lot better in the last several games. After the deadline I'd like to see him start stepping up and putting things together and it's his contract year so.......

Strome is another player who has been finding ways to contribute.
I swear Buchnevich looked surprised at one point when he pushed a Devil over during a scrum. He has strength and just doesn’t realize it, maybe.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
There isn't any back track.

I'll restate my argument.

I said you guys overated him, the coach was NOT ruining him, he's got upside with his skating ability yet needs serious polishing on pure defensive aspects , and when and if he were ready he would play more. All the while pointing out that nearly every thread particularly the GDTs at some point were being POLLUTED with these ADA conspiracies.

And...

Couldn't be more correct.
I definitely agree that the work Quinn put in, including the tough-love benchings, helped a lot getting ADA where he is now. Playing ADA daily from the start could have been a disaster or at least set-in-stone some bad habits. The idea that the Rangers missed out on greatness in the first half of the season doesn’t ring true for me, either.

Reactions: ReggieDunlop68

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
Zibanejad is such a great player to watch. He really elevates the guys around him. I can't believe we got him (+ a 2nd) for Brassard. Not quite as good as the Gomez trade, but damn impressive.

Reactions: egelband

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The Devils should be embarrassed by that performance yesterday. If I were Taylor Hall, I am not re-signing there. One more year remaining on the contract. The Devils have made the playoffs twice since 2010. 2011-12 & 2017-18. People don't give them enough shit for that futility in the same way they mocked the Rangers for missing the playoffs from 1997-98 to 2003-04.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I like that Gabriel guy on the Devils.
I mean, as a player on the opposing team. Wish every opposing team had a clown or two like him.

Edit: Gryba too. Devils are loaded!

Last edited:

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Zibanejad is such a great player to watch. He really elevates the guys around him. I can't believe we got him (+ a 2nd) for Brassard. Not quite as good as the Gomez trade, but damn impressive.
We all have to admit that.......with all the "generosity" of the picks we have "donated", for nary a legit return over the years (Clowe, E. Staal, Cally + for St. Louis, and quite a few others.....)

.......We really have pulled off a few amazing hockey trades.......McD, Zbad, Stepan (yes, that was good imo) in particular
........Hayes, Zuccha, Vesey, McQuaid, & maybe even someday Pionk, will all have been great asset mgmt.
........Trading Nash and getting.......for a retired man now. :(
Grabner to screw the Devils (lol)
........McD & Miller (not keeping) for what we got (and could still get) was a win, win......despite what anyone thinks.

Did I miss something obvious? Just off top of my head.

Gorton and co. has done a bang up job turning this team into which has a legit chance to be reconciled with again much sooner than anyone could have hoped for.
No guarantees, but it is looking MUCH MUCH BETTER!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad