Post-Game Talk: Devils @ The Powerhouse 1:00pm

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Triumverate of Luminous Astronomical Spheroidal Objects

• Total voters

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
Strome > Spooner - Great trade.

ADA keeps shitting points - I love it.

Beating the Devils - I love it.

win loss win loss win loss win loss win loss - I prefer to pick one and stick to it.

Reactions: Ori

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
wtf is a hybrid rink? so, I'm half right

No. Some teams play on NA-sized rinks, some play on IIHF-sized rinks (Olympic) and the remaining teams play on a sized somewhere in between. The length of the rink is always the same, but the width may vary.

However, this myth that Russians need to "adjust to the smaller rinks" is overblown. The bigger adjustment is social. When it comes to the rink size, they're fine. The Russian u20 team played the World Junior in Vancouver and they looked great. They played in Hodonin (arena named after former Ranger Vaclav Nedomansky FYI), also on the smaller ice surface.

Sweden is a league that has big rinks every where. Finland is 70/30 but Russia is closer to 50/50

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
FWIW: I think it would be better if Kravtsov stays in Russia for another year or two. But the Rangers seem dead set on bringing him over. I expect, at most, 40-45 points out of Kravtsov but that's even a stretch.

NHL is a higher scoring league than the KHL, but there has only been 1 teenager drafted 9th or lower since 2005 to hit 50 points in the NHL

Kravtsov should go to Hartford next year and get used to the north American game

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Probably because there's no set definition of what 'first liner' means so it makes it quite difficult to pin down its 'true meaning'....

If we’re talking about a finesse guy, which 89 clearly always has been, 0.9 points / game (70 points in a full season) would be the standard on an average team or reduce that to 0.75 points per game (60 points in a full season) on a lottery team. We could get clever with statistical techniques — team-performance adjusted dispersions and league/team-specific scoring distributions — but that’s a pretty basic standard from my perspective.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
If we’re talking about a finesse guy, which 89 clearly always has been, 0.9 points / game (70 points in a full season) would be the standard on an average team or reduce that to 0.75 points per game (60 points in a full season) on a lottery team. We could get clever with statistical techniques — team-performance adjusted dispersions and league/team-specific scoring distributions — but that’s a pretty basic standard from my perspective.

Which is exactly my point. You have your very well thought out idea of what a true 1st liner is; someone else has a different, well thought answer. Are either of you wrong? Not really. It's a nebulous concept that can't really have an agreed upon definition

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Which is exactly my point. You have your very well thought out idea of what a true 1st liner is; someone else has a different, well thought answer. Are either of you wrong? Not really. It's a nebulous concept that can't really have an agreed upon definition

Over time...only to those who over-analyze is it UNclear who a first liner is.

It only gets nebulous if you get too abstract.

Do the Rangers play in New York City, New York, United States of America?

Well technically yes. The United States government which is the UN sanctioned sovereign ruler of land between...but how are we sure the UN has...Wjat about countries who don't recognize the United States but are members of
the UN. What about those not in the UN?...What are multiverse possibilities for the geographic point known as NYC...

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Not even close. 1997 to 2004 were brutal. This team has a better future and better prospects and better management.

No it's much worse.

First there was a a belief that teams could buy their way to success.

Second the current NHL has made it so everything looks more competitive than it is.

And no other team has benefited more from this polishing in the standing than the Rangers this year.

Third, it's supposed to be a rebuild for that 1 or 2 OA, and they f***ed it up.

I don't care they look good some games. The Devils didn't give a shit outside of the third period, and they shouldn't.

The standings and game are
not designed to blur differences in the regular season.

This was the worst in 40 years unless we
get super lucky in the lottery.

Last edited:

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Yes, Yes, yes and yes

No it's not unless you are being more blindly hopeful than I, which you apparently are.

I'm aware the Rangers can and will be OK again.

The issue before the rebuild was The Rangers are never a shoe in because of no No. 1 overall drafted franchise player mostly a center.

If you are telling me that in 5 years this team could be a perennial 2 round flipper, yes..I agree.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
look...

The Rangers tried to be good without drafting and spending in the Dark Ages.

It was a failed experiment, yet it was plausible at the moment. There was no point in rebuilding by 2002 in hindsight because we the plebs where unaware at the time the league was about to be near collapse.

The Rangers have this year with the least ROW found a way to fail at being bad.

This is unprecedented.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
No it's much worse.

First there was a a belief that teams could buy their way to success.

Second the current NHL has made it so everything looks more competitive than it is.

And no other team has benefited more from this polishing in the standing than the Rangers this year.

Third, it's supposed to be a rebuild for that 1 or to OA, and they ****ed it up.

I don't care they look good some games. The Devils didn't give a **** outside of the third period, and they shouldn't.

The standings and game are
not designed to blur differences in the regular season.

This was the worst in 40 years unless we
get super lucky in the lottery.

Again, not a chance. We didn't buy our way to anything but 7 years of f***ing misery. There is much more hope for this team even if they don't wind up with a top 3 pick. Why does every thing hinge on that? What about 5 first rounders and additional prospects in the last 2 years? What about the possibility of another 2 or 3 first rounders and prospects this year? What about the possibility that a pick between 5 and 7 could still land us a super talent? Nope, sorry, not buying your argument.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Again, not a chance. We didn't buy our way to anything but 7 years of ****ing misery. There is much more hope for this team even if they don't wind up with a top 3 pick. Why does every thing hinge on that? What about 5 first rounders and additional prospects in the last 2 years? What about the possibility of another 2 or 3 first rounders and prospects this year? What about the possibility that a pick between 5 and 7 which still land us a super talent? Nope, sorry, not buying your argument.

Hope for what? I said unless get lucky with the draft, you are incorrect.

It's just wishful thinking. The teams has had plenty of those 7-12 picks. Who cares?

And again I'll state the main point everyone skirts.

The idea behind tanking was that the Rangers are not a powerhouse historically because they don't have that self drafted no.1 overall franchise center.

And they failed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad