Post-Game Talk: Devils @ The Powerhouse 1:00pm

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Triumverate of Luminous Astronomical Spheroidal Objects

• Total voters

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Must just eat you alive to see DeAngelo playing so well huh?

Nope.

Why would I not want him to do well?

See this is where I started talking about projecting thoughts a few months ago.

My argument was he was being overated and I was giving the coach trust in holding him and a bit during a rebuild.

So I was correct. No sour grapes.

And I liked the punch he did although I'm sorry that Okposo has those concussion issues.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Nope.

Why would I not want him to do well?

See this is where I started talking about projecting thoughts a few months ago.

My argument was he was being overated and I was giving the coach trust in holding him and a bit during a rebuild.

So I was correct. No sour grapes.

And I liked the punch he did although I'm sorry the Okposo those concussion issues.
It's cute watching you back track.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Hope for what? I said unless get lucky with the draft, you are incorrect.

It's just wishful thinking. The teams has had plenty of those 7-12 picks. Who cares?

And again I'll state the main point everyone skirts.

The idea behind tanking was that the Rangers are not a powerhouse historically because they don't have that self drafted no.1 overall franchise center.

And they failed.

It;s not wishful thinking, it's quite sound actually. This team has actually had a dearth of 1st round picks before the last 2 years. Remember, they kept trading them away? Now, they could have as many as 8 in 3 years. That means something and sets this team up to have a very good young core of players in a few years. Tanking guarantees nothing and even if they finished with the worst record in the league it does not mean they will pick 1st for the 1 millionth time. They may still pick top 5. All is not lost like you want to believe. Geez.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
It's cute watching you back track.

There isn't any back track.

I'll restate my argument.

I said you guys overated him, the coach was NOT ruining him, he's got upside with his skating ability yet needs serious polishing on pure defensive aspects , and when and if he were ready he would play more. All the while pointing out that nearly every thread particularly the GDTs at some point were being POLLUTED with these ADA conspiracies.

And...

Couldn't be more correct.

Reactions: egelband

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
It;s not wishful thinking, it's quite sound actually. This team has actually had a dearth of 1st round picks before the last 2 years. Remember, they kept trading them away? Now, they could have as many as 8 in 3 years. That means something and sets this team up to have a very good young core of players in a few years. Tanking guarantees nothing and even if they finished with the worst record in the league it does not mean they will pick 1st for the 1 millionth time. They may still pick top 5. All is not lost like you want to believe. Geez.

This was a huge bust if we don't pick top 3 based on the argument I can't keep typing every post.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
I know what your argument is. You have been beating the same incessant drum since November. I just don't agree with you about this being the worst year in the last 40. Not true.

Ok my incessant argument about not winning the cup because of not top 3 picks that all the winners have?

Forgive me for thinking so outside the box.

And if your counter argument is that this isn’t the worst year in the last 40 because it’s on par with the other ten times the Rangers f***ed up setting us up for mediocrity for 15 years, then Yeah...

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
My point is and has always been it is not the end of the world if we don't get a top 3 pick when we may have a plethora of 1st rounders and prospects over the last 3 years, including a very possible top 5 pick this year.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
To anyone else. Perhaps it’s a formatting issue.

I'm saying that I want the Rangers to win the cup.

They've been competitive many times because of spending and some luck. Don't care.

I want them to be true contenders.

The only way to do this unfortunately is to have a few top 3 picks including a franchise player, mainly a center.

Those types of players are only available at their peak through drafting.

If the Rangers don't do that, they as all other teams who don't , won't win the cup.

I'm not making the rules. I'm just hoping the Rangers follow them.

Is there something missing?

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
So you did not get my original point. The point I can’t type every post.

Why do you feel the need to continue this and always get the last word? I have stated a million times I believe the rangers can put together a stanley cup contender by accumulating 1st round draft picks and prospects like they have been doing the last few years even though they may not have a top 3. They already have a good deal of promising young players in the system and they will add more this year, possibly with a top pick in the 4-7 range this year. Guys like Kravtsov, Miller, Chytil, Lundkvist, Anderson, Shesty, Howden, ADA, to name a few, can be a good core moving forward. That doesn't include this years picks and prospects, FA signings like Panarin, and trades. Hopefully vets like Kreider and Zbad are part of that as well. What is so f***ing hard to understand about that?

Reactions: egelband

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Why do you feel the need to continue this and always get the last word? I have stated a million times I believe the rangers can put together a stanley cup contender by accumulating 1st round draft picks and prospects like they have been doing the last few years even though they may not have a top 3. They already have a good deal of promising young players in the system and they will add more this year, possibly with a top pick in the 4-7 range this year. Guys like Kravtsov, Miller, Chytil, Lundkvist, Anderson, Shesty, Howden, ADA, to name a few, can be a good core moving forward. That doesn't include this years picks and prospects, FA signings like Panarin, and trades. Hopefully vets like Kreider and Zbad are part of that as well. What is so ****ing hard to understand about that?

Because I’ve yet to see it happen, And the Rangers have overrated mid level prospects during the same time.

I’m not saying you can’t feel whatever you want. I just don’t see how you can not see the issue.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Because I’ve yet to see it happen, And the Rangers have overrated mid level prospects during the same time.

I’m not saying you can’t feel whatever you want. I just don’t see how you can not see the issue.

See what happen? The rebuild just started and Gorton has been running the show for only a few years. You have to give it some time. IMO guys like Kravtsov and Miller are not mid level prospects and will be impact players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad