Post-Game Talk: Devils @ The Powerhouse 1:00pm

Triumverate of Luminous Astronomical Spheroidal Objects

• Total voters

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
So as stated by kenny on the radio 6-0-1 after a loss lol. Yep exactly what we need to be a bottom 5 team

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Zibanejad getting 2 assists without Zuccarello? So much for the narrative that Zuccarello was carrying that line :sarcasm:

I don't think anyone actually had that narrative, don't be silly. Just because someone is praised for playing well doesn't mean he's hockey jesus.

Whats up with your distaste for the guy anyway, you always seemed reasonable to me.

Reactions: Pucktrader

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I don't think anyone actually had that narrative, don't be silly. Just because someone is praised for playing well doesn't mean he's hockey jesus.

Whats up with your distaste for the guy anyway, you always seemed reasonable to me.
You must have been under a rock for a while if this is your take.

Reactions: Siddi

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
so its becoming obvious is Strome wasn't in that black hole known as edmonton he probably would be on pace for what 30,35 points this year. Pretty respectable. What do we do with him? I'm pretty sure he's not gonna be part of the long term plan kinda like Names

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

It was someone's narrative.

Let's put it this way: I really like Zuccarello, but the constant whining by fans (not necessarily here) about a potential trade makes me want to see the trade happen and want to see us succeed afterwards just to see their responses.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Just Stop.
iu

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Becoming painfully clear this weekend JG somehow has to go out and go above due diligence again by getting more firsts and prospects via trade because this team will never be bad enough to get a top 3 pick.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Stop your whining. They have been competitive and have not been a year long dumpster fire, played a lot of young guys, will gain additional assets and picks shortly, and may still finish bottom 5 when season is over.
I will apologize in advance just stings to know our biggest rival will get a much better chance at another top 2 pick this year.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
36 and 13 to TB in exchange for a first rounder and a round of golf at Mar a Lago?

I know it`s wrong topic, but I really hope Jim Benning going to strengthen his top 6 with Zucc as a winger for sure Canucks 1st + something - Jim Benning have 8.5 mil cap space.

Seeing Kravtsov setting up Zibanejad? Sign me up

We don`t know yet so early for Kravtsov and comments like this just pile on extra pressure for the young 2018 prospect - it seems unreasonable already next training camp and maybe why @The Mouth reacted that way.

Reactions: CasusBelli

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
We don`t know yet so early for Kravtsov and comments like this just pile on extra pressure for the young 2018 prospect - it seems unreasonable already next training camp hence why @The Mouth reacted that way.

FWIW: I think it would be better if Kravtsov stays in Russia for another year or two. But the Rangers seem dead set on bringing him over. I expect, at most, 40-45 points out of Kravtsov but that's even a stretch.

NHL is a higher scoring league than the KHL, but there has only been 1 teenager drafted 9th or lower since 2005 to hit 50 points in the NHL

Reactions: egelband and Ori

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Not going to lie--I like it when we beat the Devils. This was pretty much a nothing on the line game though. Mika did hit 60 points. Vesey hit 30 and I'm wondering if he can get to 40 before the year is out. Buchnevich has been playing a lot better in the last several games. After the deadline I'd like to see him start stepping up and putting things together and it's his contract year so.......

Strome is another player who has been finding ways to contribute.

Reactions: egelband

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I will apologize in advance just stings to know our biggest rival will get a much better chance at another top 2 pick this year.

I can't worry about that stuff. They may but I think we will wind up in the 5 to 7 range which isn't that bad and there is always a chance we can get lucky in the lottery.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
We don`t know yet so early for Kravtsov and comments like this just pile on extra pressure for the young 2018 prospect - it seems unreasonable already next training camp and maybe why @The Mouth reacted that way.

This. Let’s see a) when he comes over and b) how he looks in training camp once he does. No need to get ahead of ourselves. Remember when people were touting 89 a potential bona fide first liner? Sometimes I wonder whether people know what “first liner” truly means.

Reactions: Ori

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
FWIW: I think it would be better if Kravtsov stays in Russia for another year or two. But the Rangers seem dead set on bringing him over. I expect, at most, 40-45 points out of Kravtsov but that's even a stretch.

NHL is a higher scoring league than the KHL, but there has only been 1 teenager drafted 9th or lower since 2005 to hit 50 points in the NHL
Soon to be 2 :banana:

seriously, it depends how he adjusts to the rink and where he plays, PP time etc.

I wouldn't be surprised if he has Aho type of production... maybe better if it's KZV

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
This. Let’s see a) when he comes over and b) how he looks in training camp once he does. No need to get ahead of ourselves. Remember when people were touting 89 a potential bona fide first liner? Sometimes I wonder whether people know what “first liner” truly means.

Probably because there's no set definition of what 'first liner' means so it makes it quite difficult to pin down its 'true meaning'....

Reactions: egelband

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad