Devils Team Discussion (team/player news and notes) ‎2015 offseason IX

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
I'm sure this was addressed before, but I can't find it. Do we know which preseason games MSG will pickup?

Csonked Out

Mar 20, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Very interesting.

I wonder if Shero sees similar upside in both Gelinas and Moore, and if he's thinking he'll essentially 'stick with' the guy that gets his game together the quickest.

I think Schlemko will be a regular.

I am fully expecting Gelinas to be traded for a RW before regular season.

I like that Ray is having thes young guys fight for a spot in training camp. It has been a long time since I have given a crap about the preseason.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
I don't know exactly what we'd do with Tlusty, he's a better option than a lot of what we'll see in camp, but he's another left-shooting left wing and that's like the one thing this team has a surplus of.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Supposing we extend an invite to a guy like Tlusty on a PTO, what incentive is there for him to actually come? We aren't going to be in contention to win so what's the point of a veteran even accepting that? There's probably other teams closer to winning that would make more sense. Aside, Tlusty isn't exactly going to set our lineup on fire. I would definitely welcome him but I don't see him or any other relevant player really wanting to come to a rebuilding basement team.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Supposing we extend an invite to a guy like Tlusty on a PTO, what incentive is there for him to actually come? We aren't going to be in contention to win so what's the point of a veteran even accepting that? There's probably other teams closer to winning that would make more sense. Aside, Tlusty isn't exactly going to set our lineup on fire. I would definitely welcome him but I don't see him or any other relevant player really wanting to come to a rebuilding basement team.

Incentive for Tlusty is that he likely isn't fighting anyone for top-6 time on the Devils. It'd basically be him and Camm on the left side and that's it. So if he's looking to parlay this season into a longer term deal somewhere, he'd probably wanna go somewhere he knows he's got a good shot at racking up 5v5 and 5v4 minutes.

Of course if the team is bad, it may not matter, so that's the unenviable position he's in.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Incentive for Tlusty is that he likely isn't fighting anyone for top-6 time on the Devils. It'd basically be him and Camm on the left side and that's it. So if he's looking to parlay this season into a longer term deal somewhere, he'd probably wanna go somewhere he knows he's got a good shot at racking up 5v5 and 5v4 minutes.

Of course if the team is bad, it may not matter, so that's the unenviable position he's in.

Didn't think about it that way. Good point with regard to top 6 mins.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
On another note if Henrique is named captain, we get to call the Devils Rico's Roughnecks, which makes me happy

ill get to break out my old Rico photoshops more :D

ho0O5jz.png

EDIT: for bonus points, can anyone remind me why I put Freddy Mercury in this one. I really cant remember XD

http://i.imgur.com/BYSc0u9.jpg?1

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I am fully expecting Gelinas to be traded for a RW before regular season.

I like that Ray is having thes young guys fight for a spot in training camp. It has been a long time since I have given a crap about the preseason.

Ya and we have some decent young guys who could surprise and the competition could help.

Should definitely be a very interesting preseason

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
um I'd be very surprised (and disappointed) but mostly surprised if we traded gelinas before he's one game into his new two year deal

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
I wouldn't be disappointed if we traded Gelinas as long as fair value was got for him. I'm not really that impressed with him compared to our other young defensemen. (Not saying that I don't like him as a player, just that if there was a young defenseman I would miss least on this team, it would currently be him.)

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
so …tlusty is being offered PTOs from multiple teams but wants a contract outright?

am i getting this right?

something doesnt add up.

How does it not add up? He doesn't want to take a PTO, get cut and have no KHL to fall back on after their season starts so he's trying to use leverage.

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
Go ahead, trade Schneider, get a 1st for him.

We wont be deep enough at F to cover the increase in goals we would concede.

Our D is already pretty good and our G is very good. That leaves 1 major weakness on the roster so why on earth open it up and create another?

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Go ahead, trade Schneider, get a 1st for him.

We wont be deep enough at F to cover the increase in goals we would concede.

Our D is already pretty good and our G is very good. That leaves 1 major weakness on the roster so why on earth open it up and create another?

I like it. You clearly have a plan

I vote you for our next GM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad