Devils Team Discussion (team/player news and notes) ‎2015 offseason IX

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Go ahead, trade Schneider, get a 1st for him.

We wont be deep enough at F to cover the increase in goals we would concede.

Our D is already pretty good and our G is very good. That leaves 1 major weakness on the roster so why on earth open it up and create another?

I'm sorry, did someone hear float trading Schneider or is that an actual thing from somewhere?

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
How does it not add up? He doesn't want to take a PTO, get cut and have no KHL to fall back on after their season starts so he's trying to use leverage.

Yep that is exactly right

well, good luck to him then

its not like he's someone that teams should be chomping at the bit to get signed

just wondering where this "leverage" is with him.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
well, good luck to him then

its not like he's someone that teams should be chomping at the bit to get signed

just wondering where this "leverage" is with him.

I don't know if he thinks he has "leverage." It just seems like he would rather be in the KHL than just go to a camp on a PTO. It's a choice he's entitled to make as a professional, so I'm not going to resent him for it or anything. Whatever he thinks is best for him and his career out of his available options is what he should do.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Just let the kids battle out at camp and cut their teeth in the NHL (to borrow a phrase).

Obviously if a deal presents itself you take it but I'm fine being where we were last year but looking better and younger and having some promise for the future.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Give him a one year two million dollar contract. A one year 3 million contract would even be fine with him. No multi years though, to hell with that.

If he don't like it, have fun in the K.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Tlusty is not a difference maker.

What does that mean, exactly? His goals and points won't count? There's not many top-end forwards you're gonna find for cheap/free at this time of year. He's worth a flyer for sure.

Right now we have 10 one-way contracts for forwards. Do we need a difference maker or a stopgap? I'd rather have the stopgap at this point, especially when he's cheap as hell and likely for a small caphit/term and it doesn't cost any assets. Any sort of high end forward likely means giving up Schneider or a defenseman. I don't see how anything else brings back some high-end first line forward.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
To be honest the only person on that forward free agent list that I would PTO is Mike Richards.

He could be another Gomez like success story that he works hard and proves he isnt done at NHL level. The obvious barrier is his current situation both personally and legally.

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
I'd rather give a job to Blandisi than Tlusty, a young guy playing is more exciting to me than potentially getting a 4th at the deadline

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
I'd rather give a job to Blandisi than Tlusty, a young guy playing is more exciting to me than potentially getting a 4th at the deadline

Me too.

I think Blandisi is going to 'gut' his way into the top-9. He's the type of player that even if he isn't lighting you up with skill, he'll beat you to every puck and finish his checks.

I think the coaching staff is going to absolutely love him.

217 Forever

Sep 15, 2014
Me too.

I think Blandisi is going to 'gut' his way into the top-9. He's the type of player that even if he isn't lighting you up with skill, he'll beat you to every puck and finish his checks.

I think the coaching staff is going to absolutely love him.

I'd rather "give" jobs to the players that earn them, whomever they are. I just hope we have a few guys step up during camp. We once "gave" a job to Larsson and almost ruined him.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
based on twitter handles and just posts, i have a sneaking suspicion that henrique and cammys twitters were set up by management/they post stuff on their twitter too. i'm sure that's obvious to everyone though

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
That would be great. MSG never allowed that in the past. Hope TG is right.

Either last preseason or the one before MSG Network broadcasted the Flyers feed for our game in Philly.

I had to mute it after a minute but at least we were able to watch the game.

When Lou took over he made sure that none of our home preseason games were ever televised, even vs the Rags.

Then about 10 years ago, MSG Network and the Rags wanted to broadcast the Rags @ Devils preseason game at CAA, with Sam Rosen and JD, the Rags broadcast crew doing the game.

Lou told them that's fine, but that MSG Network had to include free ads for Devils ticket plans throughout the broadcast.
And that's what happened, they put up graphics and Sam Rosen would talk about Devils season tickets, weekend plans, 12-pack ticket plans during stoppages of play coming back from commercials.

It was funny, kudos to Lou for that.

I think the next season they start doing the mixed booth with Rosen, Chico and JD and eventually Micheletti.

Last edited:

217 Forever

Sep 15, 2014

The jokes on you if you think that Larsson should have made the team his rookie year instead of starting in the AHL. He wasn't ready, and the coaches shuttling him in and out of the lineup only set him back further. But I suppose you know better as usual.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
Either last preseason or the one before MSG Network broadcasted the Flyers feed for our game in Philly.

I had to mute it after a minute but at least we were able to watch the game.

When Lou took over he made sure that none of our home preseason games were ever televised, even vs the Rags.

Then about 10 years ago, MSG Network and the Rags wanted to broadcast the Rags @ Devils preseason game at CAA, with Sam Rosen and JD, the Rags broadcast crew doing the game.

Lou told them that's fine, but that MSG Network had to include free ads for Devils ticket plans throughout the broadcast.
And that's what happened, they put up graphics and Sam Rosen would talk about Devils season tickets, weekend plans, 12-pack ticket plans during stoppages of play coming back from commercials.

It was funny, kudos to Lou for that.

I think the next season they start doing the mixed booth with Rosen, Chico and JD and eventually Micheletti.

Are you sure about the Flyer game, it may have been streamed, that's why you remember watching it, because I do, just not sure if it was TV or the computer.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
The jokes on you if you think that Larsson should have made the team his rookie year instead of starting in the AHL. He wasn't ready, and the coaches shuttling him in and out of the lineup only set him back further. But I suppose you know better as usual.
Did you watch his rookie year? He had an excellent rookie campaign. It was probably the best hockey I've seen him play up until this past season. He was consistently in the lineup and playing well until the Subban hit shook his confidence. He played 65 games, the most games he's had in a season, and the games he missed were almost exclusively due to injury.

The shuffling really started in his sophomore year.

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
Larsson played 5 playoff games. Team was 4-1 in them.

He was "ruined" as his leash started getting shorter and shorter. You would never have seen that move to keep the puck in at the blue line under PDB following 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad