Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2024-25: Re-Tool, Re-Group, Re-Mix, Re-Build

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
He’s outplayed Bolduc , I see a very solid D. Even though Bolduc has been improved, not what type of D he will be

Way too much short term thinking on who is going to be the 7th defensemen

The fact that we could lose a player via waiver claim is good news, not bad. There's finally legit depth.

Under that truth, we will lose someone. Bolduc is the future on LD. He's not getting exposed to waivers.

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY

The fact that we could lose a player via waiver claim is good news, not bad. There's finally legit depth.

Under that truth, we will lose someone. Bolduc is the future on LD. He's not getting exposed to waivers.
Yep, Bolduc gets insta-claimed. He would have needed to go down with all of the other players before waivers were active, but they get reinstated 12 days before the beginning of the season. Believe that Hutton and Cholowski will both need to pass through waivers at this point.

Top Corner

Feb 27, 2002
Mtl
Visit site

I think Cholowski is a late bloomer who may have figured out why he was a first rounder. If he is sent down , hope he doesn’t get claimed but
I think he might

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
When asked about Gauthier skating with Cizikas and Maclean, Roy says he's looking for someone with speed, energy, capable of making plays and getting a big goal in that spot.

And sending a message to Engvall that he needs to impact every shift to earn a spot

I would not be surprised to see Engvall traded in the next few days. He's a solid player who does not fit Roy's system of quick puck movement.

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
And sending a message to Engvall that he needs to impact every shift to earn a spot

I would not be surprised to see Engvall traded in the next few days. He's a solid player who does not fit Roy's system of quick puck movement.
I would be shocked to see someone commit to him for another 6 years. He’s also got a 16 team no trade list. But a good game from Gauthier tomorrow and there’s a solid chance he doesn’t make the opening day lineup for sure.

Reactions: FoxYou727

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com

Roy is at the very least considering it! Through 30 games and a training camp all he's seen is a 1 dimensional player. It's possible that Gauthier may have 2 dimensions.
I can't really get excited about this lineup because I don't watch preseason games and just know nothing about Tsyplakov's game. If he's a significant upgrade over Engvall, I can be excited. Engvall in and out of the 4th line with the other forwards is music to my ears, as well as Lee on the third line. Varlamov and Hogberg just need to hold the fort for Sorokin's return.

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
I can't really get excited about this lineup because I don't watch preseason games and just know nothing about Tsyplakov's game. If he's a significant upgrade over Engvall, I can be excited. Engvall in and out of the 4th line with the other forwards is music to my ears, as well as Lee on the third line. Varlamov and Hogberg just need to hold the fort for Sorokin's return.
I've watched them all so far. Tsyplakov is getting used to the NA ice still, but his instincts are good, he's very strong on the puck and is not slow. He'll play on the PP as a net front presence and I think they have visions of him PKing too as he did in the KHL, although maybe not right away (he gave up the puck leading to a goal in the first preseason game). Very very different player from Engvall, who in my estimation offers puck transportation and not much else at this point. If they don't feel Nelson and Palmieri need that then there isn't a great spot for him in the lineup.

Another thought I had was that Sorokin is probably starting the year on LTIR which will open up the cap space to keep 14 forwards. I think we're at the point where they might not see a future for Wahlstrom but they don't want to let him go for nothing on principle, so he would be my guess for that 14th spot.

Lek

Nov 25, 2006
Raleigh
If he's not good enough he should be sent down, but having a guy on a six year deal @3 mill pa is bloody awful business.
Well it's definitely a mess but I guarantee you not a team out there is going to take Engvel if we put them on waivers and that might save losing somebody else in the short term.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad