(MTL) Arber Xhekaj has been fined $3,385.42

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
Bro Wifi is a better player than Reaves ever was. Wifi is a steady d man with a great shot, excellent physicality and can play the game. He's perfectly fine. And we love him.

I love him so much that he'd be one of the few guys I'd be upset to lose.

Wifi, we got his younger bro, we got Anderson, we got Pezz, and we got Struble. In this day and age that's all you need. Leafs have Reaves. f*** all else.
And they all have less playoff games played combined over the last 3 years than Reaves.

LOL

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
NHL_Rock_the_Rink_cover.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Machinehead

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
Keep crying. Montreal ain’t gonna do anything, so stop pretending.
And the Leafs will? I mean other than another 1st round exit?

The entire Habs room should pitch in and pay that for him.

Pocket change to those guys....

I agree, they won't. Montreal doing something would be like Toronto having success in the playoffs. Neither will happen.

The difference is The Habs were trying to be bad

Metal God

Aug 12, 2010
Toronto
Pezzetta baits Reaves into ragdolling him so Xhekaj can run wild
So Xhekaj is Superman and can beat up everyone? You think that Reaves is a slouch and can't hold his own, or that the Leaf players will just sit back? I highly doubt that man.

I wouldn't be surprised if both teams do nothing and just play their game.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
I don't mind giving a guy a good beating for injuring your star player, but I'm just curious how many who were cool with this also said Todd Bertuzzi was a POS who should've been banned from hockey and jailed...

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
So Xhekaj is Superman and can beat up everyone? You think that Reaves is a slouch and can't hold his own, or that the Leaf players will just sit back? I highly doubt that man.

I wouldn't be surprised if both teams do nothing and just play their game.
Probably, why would the players take it farther? It was delt with on the ice.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Spent my morning drive listening to local radio host/carnival barker Brent Gunning, loudly pontificating about how he felt Arber Xhekaj deserved more discipline than a weak slap on the wrist in the form of a fine.

"I'm not trying to compare this to the Bertuzzi incident", he said, before spending the next five minutes comparing it to the Bertuzzi incident. :biglaugh:

• Haha
Reactions: NyQuil

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Spent my morning drive listening to local radio host/carnival barker Brent Gunning, loudly pontificating about how he felt Arber Xhekaj deserved more discipline than a weak slap on the wrist in the form of a fine.

"I'm not trying to compare this to the Bertuzzi incident", he said, before spending the next five minutes comparing it to the Bertuzzi incident. :biglaugh:
I mean they kinda are comparable.

FWIW I don't mind a guy getting a beatdown for injuring a star... But it's not really all that different than what Bertuzzi did, he just didn't get the same worst case scenario result, luckily.

I don't think WiFi should get an absurd suspension, but it is a highlight of the NHL allowing shit right up until the result is bad, and then they claim they don't tolerate this and take player safety very seriously.

They look the other way at slewfoots all the time, but I'm sure when a player cracks their coconut on the ice from one, they'll throw out a 20 game suspension and stand on their soapbox talking about there's "No place in the game for plays like this."

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I mean they kinda are comparable.

FWIW I don't mind a guy getting a beatdown for injuring a star... But it's not really all that different than what Bertuzzi did, he just didn't get the same worst case scenario result, luckily.

I don't think WiFi should get an absurd suspension, but it is a highlight of the NHL allowing shit right up until the result is bad, and then they claim they don't tolerate this and take player safety very seriously.

They look the other way at slewfoots all the time, but I'm sure when a player cracks their coconut on the ice from one, they'll throw out a 20 game suspension and stand on their soapbox talking about there's "No place in the game for plays like this."

Similar in that a scrub took out a star player and then didn't answer the bell, forcing the other team's tough guy to chase them around the ice and deliver a shot to the head? Sure, they're similar in that sense I suppose.

The refs probably could've alleviated SOME of the tension by calling a kneeing penalty on Pare in the first place - why that went uncalled is beyond me. :dunno:

But to the Habs and their fans, watching Laine get taken out for what'll probably be a couple months if not more, by a reckless knee on knee, and for there to be no call on the play? That's enough to set anyone off.

Reactions: pepperMonkey

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

While gambling gets you 41 games.

If there was an actual will to police this kind of thing, we'd see it in the punishments.

It's funny because the PA is both responsible for ensuring that players are able to perform at their best out there on the ice, and also supposedly to look out for player safety.

But realistically, it's about ensuring that their clients get the money, so increasing suspension lengths is something they are loathe to promote.

First Line

Summer of Love
Aug 21, 2002
Laval
Why are people referencing the Bertuzzi incident from 15 years ago when the same thing happened (at least) twice last year?

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
While gambling gets you 41 games.

If there was an actual will to police this kind of thing, we'd see it in the punishments.

It's funny because the PA is both responsible for ensuring that players are able to perform at their best out there on the ice, and also supposedly to look out for player safety.

But realistically, it's about ensuring that their clients get the money, so increasing suspension lengths is something they are loathe to promote.
They don't necessarily need to increase suspension lengths...they just need to enforce them, i.e. give out suspensions when needed.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
DOPS should instead reward Xhekaj for destroying Matt Cooke 2.0

We don't need that kind of shit in the league

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
They don't necessarily need to increase suspension lengths...they just need to enforce them, i.e. give out suspensions when needed.

It really depends on what the intent is.

If it is to deter future incidents, they have to be significant enough to make a player restrain themselves in extremely emotional situations.

As I've said frequently in this thread, I don't think a one-game suspension vs. a fine will make any difference in that department.

On the other hand, throwing the book at Xhekaj because you want to set an example in a situation where no one was even injured is unlikely.

First Line

Summer of Love
Aug 21, 2002
Laval
You use PA but you mean NHLPA. And in this case they did look out for NHL player safety.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad