GDT: Devils @ Sabres - 7:00 PM - MSG

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Would you rather make the playoffs and keep Green for next year or miss the playoffs and fire Green?

• Make playoffs and keep Green

Votes: 29 39.7%
  • Miss playoffs and fire Green

Votes: 44 60.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
Nico has not been the problem. At all. I think his leadership was compromised by how the team turned on the coaching staff. He’s led by example at minimum down the stretch.

Timo healthy has been a revelation which is great for 2024.

Bratt is Bratt and deserves half the hate he gets.

Jack can’t even practice with the team but plays every night. Dude has to be incredibly hurt.

Frustrated but am not making broad declarations.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Nico has not been the problem. At all. I think his leadership was compromised by how the team turned on the coaching staff. He’s led by example at minimum down the stretch.

Timo healthy has been a revelation which is great for 2024.

Bratt is Bratt and deserves half the hate he gets.

Jack can’t even practice with the team but plays every night. Dude has to be incredibly hurt.

Frustrated but am not making broad declarations.

This is the part that should've been addressed 2 months ago. Shut his ass down and get ready for next season. Both physically with whatever surgery is needed and mentally - and that includes some maturing.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I really hope these assholes beat Pitt and NYR next week and lose to Ottawa again
They'll get punked by the Rangers again then kill Ottawa after they've already been all but eliminated lol just to annoy us even more since we know if the game meant anything they'd lose to Ottawa.

Reactions: Mgd31

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
The guy can barely play and is giving his all when he could have given up....

Idk why you or others put this garbage on Jack Hughes....kid is trying and clearly hurt...what more do you want....hes 40% and better than most

Because I think it's very shortsighted on his AND the organizations part to play him when he's obviously hurt and no matter how talented he is, it isn't working out for the team this season. Shut him down and get ready for next season.

Camille the Eel

They’re not even as bad as Ottawa or Arizona or San Jose or Anaheim. All of whom we’ve lost to this year. Several of them multiple times/swept by.
We have been so mentally soft. Like tonight, after they tied it, you just knew we would lose. The third period was so passive and weak. There we were, rested and playing with a good deal to win for, I mean we could actually have pulled to within 3 points of a playoff spot even after everything that’s happened this season . . . And that’s the 3d period we throw out there?

Very disappointed in this group.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Jack is willing to play hurt at any time. He’s done it basically every year. I think he needs a serious shoulder surgery to get right.
Hopefully if he does he’s ready come opening night.

It would be a huge blow, possibly a fatal one to next season if he needs 6-7 months, which would leave him unable to play on opening night, all because we threw him out there in JUNK time, only to miss the playoffs by 7-8 points anyway.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Well that f***ing sucked. Once Allen let in that weak one I knew we were in trouble. Failed to convert on the PP, came out flat in the 2nd, weak goal against early. Could see it coming a mile away.

The guy two seats over kept yelling BALLS every time Bahl was on the ice. It was really annoying. If his really hot girlfriend wasn’t between us I probably would have shoved him down the lower bowl.

My buddy I went with said he already got tickets to the game in Prague next fall since he’s a Sabres season ticket holder. Sounds fun but I don’t have a spare $1500 at the moment.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I'm not saying guys don't care, but I think it's clear as to who wears the losses hardest and who is doing the dirty work during the game. That's the point I'm trying to make, ultimately. It's a cliche, but there's a difference between loving to win and hating to lose.

I'm a believer in this group's abilities and the core that was put together. I just hope the next coaching hire is a home run. We need to nail that decision.

Saint Beaurivage

Jersey Shore
Nov 18, 2017
Because I think it's very shortsighted on his AND the organizations part to play him when he's obviously hurt and no matter how talented he is, it isn't working out for the team this season. Shut him down and get ready for next season.
How hurt can Jack Hughes really be? He is skating hard and getting bumped and grinded around all night. I highly doubt there is anything that bad. If it was something really painful like a fracture there is no way he could do it.

I think Jack Hughes is trying and overall had a pretty good shortened season. Next year he hopefully gets a full year and should be inside the top 5 in scoring.

Reactions: Louskoolaid89

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ

It would be a huge blow, possibly a fatal one to next season if he needs 6-7 months, which would leave him unable to play on opening night, all because we threw him out there in JUNK time, only to miss the playoffs by 7-8 points anyway.

THIS. THIS. THIS. THIS.

vtdevils2k

"Lets Go Baby!"
Dec 16, 2013
Virginia
It's coming prob this week.....Jack wants to play....he's better than most, I get it though....kid is Cleary hurt and trying

Reactions: Patrik26

vtdevils2k

"Lets Go Baby!"
Dec 16, 2013
Virginia
How hurt can Jack Hughes really be? He is skating hard and getting bumped and grinded around all night. I highly doubt there is anything that bad. If it was something really painful like a fracture there is no way he could do it.

I think Jack Hughes is trying and overall had a pretty good shortened season. next year hopefully he gets a full year and should be top inside the top 5 in scoring.
He cant take a Faceoff or play his natural position.....there you go.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago

It really depends what type of shoulder injury it is, my suspicion is that’s it’s a separated shoulder which often times doesn’t get operated on because it actually makes it worse. If it’s a dislocation with ligament tears then they definitely need to operate on because the stability just isn’t there.

Two different type of injuries that often gets mistaken for the same injury but if he’s not taking face offs it’s most likely a stability issue in his shoulder

Loser Green in the pregame for comparison.

Yes and I want coaches who won’t trot out lazar and smith combo for half a period after it’s been getting caved in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad