GDT: Devils @ Sabres - 7:00 PM - MSG

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Would you rather make the playoffs and keep Green for next year or miss the playoffs and fire Green?

• Make playoffs and keep Green

Votes: 29 39.7%
  • Miss playoffs and fire Green

Votes: 44 60.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
It really depends what type of shoulder injury it is, my suspicion is that’s it’s a separated shoulder which often times doesn’t get operated on because it actually makes it worse. If it’s a dislocation with ligament tears then they definitely need to operate on because the stability just isn’t there.

Two different type of injuries that often gets mistaken for the same injury but if he’s not taking face offs it’s most likely a stability issue in his shoulder

Exactly. Doesn't have to be a hit to cause another dislocation. Just the wrong movement and pop it goes. Trust me. Been there, done that.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
How hurt can Jack Hughes really be? He is skating hard and getting bumped and grinded around all night. I highly doubt there is anything that bad. If it was something really painful like a fracture there is no way he could do it.

I think Jack Hughes is trying and overall had a pretty good shortened season. Next year he hopefully gets a full year and should be inside the top 5 in scoring.
I'm actually fascinated to see how this ends up, we don't even know WHAT the injury he's playing through is. We assume it's a shoulder but for all we know he got some other injury after coming back and is playing through it a la Timo. Maybe it won't be one where he needs surgery.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I missed a lot of parts of the 2nd and 3rd, but there was one shift where Smith was an absolute dumpster fire. Think he fanned on a one-timer attempt, so it went back towards our zone, and then he inevitably flubbed it or turned it over giving Buffalo a chance.

Great guy, but I can't wait for his tenure here to be over.
8 more games.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Bleedred

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
IMG_3983.gif

Reactions: My3Sons

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
With the season all but over it’s time to reflect. I’m still really high on this team’s future. Jack is one of the top 5 assets in the league, his contract is amazing, I’m also really high on a lot of the young talent. If they make the right moves this offseason they will be one of the top teams in the east. That said, this is an extremely disappointing season. In the offseason you couldn’t have convinced me this team wasn’t gonna be top 3 in the division. This season was a massive failure

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Solid core. Need to surround that core better and let the young elite pieces grow.

NjDevsRR

Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Solid core. Need to surround that core better and let the young elite pieces grow.
Disaster goaltending
Disaster injuries
Disaster coaching

And this team will still get mid 80s in points and only 3 less regulation wins than a handful of president trophy contending teams…

Boy howdy, when they strengthen the complimentary pieces and get a better coach.
IMG_6323.gif

BostonDevil

Jun 28, 2019
I'm actually fascinated to see how this ends up, we don't even know WHAT the injury he's playing through is. We assume it's a shoulder but for all we know he got some other injury after coming back and is playing through it a la Timo. Maybe it won't be one where he needs surgery.
The way this team treats injury news, we'll never know. Is Dougie on LTIR yet? Is he coming back this year? They won't tell us.

I'm guessing it's something that can't get worse by playing and he wants to play if it just means he has to deal with pain.

Whaddagoal

The Sheldon Keefe Era Begins
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Just watched this shit on replay (sorta zoomed mode) and what a cocktease.

I can't explain how stupid it is to lose after leading 2-0 and 3 PPs including a 5 on 3 and you come away with nothing but a A 0 points loss.

You don't have a silver platter as good as it has been this week and you can't even get a point this game!!

1st looked great. 2nd jittery as F. 3rd was playing tight all period long

No words. This team refuses to want to make steps forward this season.

Reactions: Mgd31 and Bleedred

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Disaster goaltending
Disaster injuries
Disaster coaching

And this team will still get mid 80s in points and only 3 less regulation wins than a handful of president trophy contending teams…

Boy howdy, when they strengthen the complimentary pieces and get a better coach.
View attachment 843379
Yeah, I agree. I think the foundational pieces are there. Need to fill it out.

NjDevsRR

Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Just watched this shit on replay (sorta zoomed mode) and what a cocktease.

I can't explain how stupid it is to lose after leading 2-0 and 3 PPs including a 5 on 3 and you come away with nothing but a A 0 points loss.

You don't have a silver platter as good as it has been this week and you can't even get a point this game!!

1st looked great. 2nd jittery as F. 3rd was playing tight all period long

No words. This team refuses to want to make steps forward this season.
This was a game clearly on system and coaching. Devils should have slaughtered them, but they just looked lost with no clear direction for half the game

Whaddagoal

The Sheldon Keefe Era Begins
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
This was a game clearly on system and coaching. Devils should have slaughtered them, but they just looked lost with no clear direction for half the game

Bahl has a crazy easy breakout option on their 2nd goal and reverses it instead for some reason too hard. No words. Nico had his hands up in the air after that goal.

PP sank it too. Dumb decisions. Looked like team on fire in 1st. Then 2nd they came out like clowns and 3rd they were tight. How the hell they find a way to lose this. I knew it was going bad when the 2nd started to look frantic.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
I thought the 2 top lines looked good tonight and generated. The bottom 6 though... Bahl and Smith though...

GameSeven

ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
Jan 11, 2008
That sequence that led to BUF's third goal was infuriating. Guys unable get a clear, unable to put a body on the Sabres best player, just chasing the puck all around the defensive zone and ineffective at stopping them from having their way in the zone.

Reactions: Bleedred
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad