GDT: Devils @ Sabres - 7:00 PM - MSG

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Would you rather make the playoffs and keep Green for next year or miss the playoffs and fire Green?

• Make playoffs and keep Green

Votes: 29 39.7%
  • Miss playoffs and fire Green

Votes: 44 60.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
#SorryLindy
He needed to be fired, but not until after the season.

Or earlier in the season, but with an actual replacement. Green was never gonna be better than him.

Seems he was mercy fired after the chants during his last home game, followed by a 1-2-0 California trip, with a dreadful final game against LA. That was the death knell.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
If ownership has any sense they will make sure Fitz understands if Green doesn't go then they can both be fired together
I don't think there's any debate at this point now that they're surely crashing out of a playoff spot with every chance given to their sorry asses to get in.

Reactions: glenwo2

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Big dick Dougie is definitely missed. He's another one that needs to stay healthy.

They miss his shot on the PP.
If we keep Green behind the power play and get Dougie back, maybe he we can have the 20th or even the 18th overall power play and not the 30th.

This year it’s performed as the 27th, yet converted as the 11th lol.

Killing Joke

Dec 2, 2017
f*** this whole f***ing coaching staff. Dog shit at everything. Fire fitz don’t let him ruin the team more than he already has.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
He spent most of his time playing middle six like 15 mins. His production has been horrible given his opportunity. See ya later

He averages 12:36 a game, 9th among forwards factoring in Toffoli's time here, and has the 10th most points among that same group while leading the team in plus/minus for whatever you may feel that is worth on a team that bleeds goals against.

He's never been an incredibly productive forward offensively, and yet he's set his career high here this year. It's not what he's relied upon for. And he's far down the list of problems on this team.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Got to hope Sullivan gets fired

He would be perfect, the Sullivan led penguins winning two cups was really the start of the speed movement that teams have adopted over the last half decade.

Some will say look at what he’s done since but that core has a lot of mileage on it and tread is worn

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
My feelings on Green remind me of that reporter during the press conference after the Tommy Gunn vs Union Cane title match in Rocky 5.

“the guy is a bum. He doesn’t even deserve a shot at the title”

I can picture Green being like “man I’m an NHL head coach two times now! What more do you want! I’m coaching at the best level!” Like when Tommy goes on about how he beat the best and won the title and wonders what more he has to do to get respect as an NHL head coach.

• Haha
Reactions: NJDevs26

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND

Why shouldn't last year be considered a fluke? Same core.

Playoffs were possible until 2/3 weeks from seasons end. Low T.
I think the reality of this team is somewhere in the middle. A lot did go right to win 52 games last year, but I don't think it was a fluke they were a good team. This year has just been a shit sandwich of injuries, goaltending, coaching, and some guys having bad years. As much as a lot went right last year, a lot went wrong this year.

I still think the core is fine. Most of them have been less than 100% at one point or another this season (I think Bratt is the only one whose been healthy all year). The depth needs to be improved and obviously coaching and goaltending need to be addressed. I'm not going to say it'll be easy or that they're guaranteed to be good next year, but I think they're closer than some around here think (although to be fair everybody's emotions are kind of raw right now so I get it).

HersheyBob27

Apr 5, 2014
Canada
He averages 12:36 a game, 9th among forwards factoring in Toffoli's time here, and has the 10th most points among that same group while leading the team in plus/minus for whatever you may feel that is worth on a team that bleeds goals against.

He's never been an incredibly productive forward offensively, and yet he's set his career high here this year. It's not what he's relied upon for. And he's far down the list of problems on this team.
JAG in my opinion

Camille the Eel

Sad. I actually thought we had some life until this one. But we pretty much had to win out and this is a killer.

And worse, what a way to lose it: blowing a 2 goal lead, allowing the game winner with 5 minutes left (we’ve seen that show a few times this year), failing to convert on several break aways when we still had the lead in period 2, and letting Thomson score 4 goals against us. Following this Devils team has just been spirit crushing this year.

Dylan9z9

LGD 2024-25
May 16, 2012
Rockaway, NJ
This team needs
If we keep Green behind the power play and get Dougie back, maybe he we can have the 20th or even the 18th overall power play and not the 30th.

This year it’s performed as the 27th, yet converted as the 11th lol.
This team needs to make some big changes for next year if they want to make the playoffs

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Team needs to get better along they yellow

They refuse to get pucks off the yellow on offense and defense

Almost like a force field from the dots in

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
On the bright side, at least I still have tomorrow AND Sunday to look forward to instead of a Saturday afternoon loss to get in the way and f*** up the weekend.
I'm glad the next game isn't until Tuesday.

And honestly, that's too f***in soon.

I'd be happier if the next game wasn't until October 8th or whenever the Czech opener is next year. Forgot that was against the Sabres also.

• Haha
Reactions: Patrik26

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
You are the original blame the coach guy. You wanted lindy fired and you still aren’t happy
Those two things are independent of each other. They should have fired Lindy way sooner than they did. They also should have replaced him with anyone other than the worse stooge on the roster, which would have been a little more likely had they fired him sooner. Bleed had it pegged from the beginning, either fire Lindy and bring in someone from the outside or let him just finish the year. This half-measure wasn't gonna do jack-all. We're one of the few teams that hasn't gotten a new coach bounce and that much was utterly predictable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad