GDT: Devils @ Predators - 8:00 PM - MSGSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camille the Eel

I’m nkt a Blackwood supporter but no way this game is on him …
How many breakaways and open chances did we gift them ? It was ugly.
We let the Preds play their hack style game .
6 clean breakaways was it ? And a bunch more partial break aways and odd man rushes. We let them get behind us all night long. Plus how many mishandled pucks, failed clears and blown coverages. Ugly game but we still had our chances.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Nah, DeBoer tends to get teams on the cusp of breaking out. He always lands in great spots and we've been shit for the past decade. The Hynes one is way worse imo.
Well even the Hynes teams were way better than us the first three games in previous seasons, it's only this year where he's played spoiler with an inferior roster

Reactions: Bleedred

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Getting the bottom 6 playing better is going to be trickier. Hope the rest helps them, if not, some of the regulars in the bottom 6 need to start sitting
I think the rest will be big there. I don’t think Wood is healthy (and frankly if he isn’t then he shouldn’t be playing because he isn’t the type of player who can be effective even while hurt). Bastian will probably be healthier as well.

They should think about splitting Haula and Tatar. Both play to similar game without play making skills. Jack is good enough to overcome it between them (and it dragged it down, he was getting points away from them), but Mercer isn’t.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
srs post

nashville’s style just smashes us true to their marketing. they own us, there’s always that team or two in the west that we can never beat for like a decade at a clip.

they market how they want.....in the end it results in a familiar way...... first and second round exits over and over and over and over..... save for the finals '17

c'mon, needs more smash!

Reactions: New Jersey

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I think the rest will be big there. I don’t think Wood is healthy (and frankly if he isn’t then he shouldn’t be playing because he isn’t the type of player who can be effective even while hurt). Bastian will probably be healthier as well.

They should think about splitting Haula and Tatar. Both play to similar game without play making skills. Jack is good enough to overcome it between them (and it dragged it down, he was getting points away from them), but Mercer isn’t.

Yeah I am definitely counting on the week off and Marino returning to hopefully turn around their level of play, as it hasn't been very good lately outside of maybe the Vegas game

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
Horrendous effort from the D tonight. We’ve been skating on our last legs for what feels like two weeks now. Break is much needed and tomorrow might be another brutal showing.

Plus side: Sharangovich was really solid and felt that Nico, while fighting it, is on the cusp of a major breakout. Just too involved and playing at a high level not to cash in soon.

Reactions: Nubmer6

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Well even the Hynes teams were way better than us the first three games in previous seasons, it's only this year where he's played spoiler with an inferior roster

I'll give him a little bit of credit because both of our games versus Nashville have looked pretty similar but I still think the Devils gave both games away. 10 seconds away from winning the first one + the breakaway parade on Blackwood tonight.

Reactions: PWiz30

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Don’t give me this big boy hockey bullshit. The Central division is f***ing terrible. The guys who struggled tonight were the guys who are supposed to play big boy hockey.
Appreciate you like the Devils - and Arizona and Chicago certainly drag the division down - but the Central Division has by far been the toughest for the Devils.

While they haven't played the Jets or Wild yet, Dallas, Nashville (twice) and St. Louis have all beaten New Jersey and the Devils 1-0 win over Colorado was in the first month of the season with the Avalanche missing key players.

Throw in the two losses to the Flyers and it's clear the Devils have a "big man" hockey problem.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
One thing the Marino injury is making clear is that our defensive depth worse than I thought. When fully healthy it’s ok, but Smith stinks, and all remaining options beyond him are not NHL ready.

Reactions: NJDevs26
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad