GDT: Devils @ Predators - 8:00 PM - MSGSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
Appreciate you like the Devils - and Arizona and Chicago certainly drag the division down - but the Central Division has by far been the toughest for the Devils.

While they haven't played the Jets or Wild yet, Dallas, Nashville (twice) and St. Louis have all beaten New Jersey and the Devils 1-0 win over Colorado was in the first month of the season with the Avalanche missing key players.

Throw in the two losses to the Flyers and it's clear the Devils have a "big man" hockey problem.

f***ing shame we don’t have Kakko against all those big men

• Haha
Reactions: Dialamo and Nubmer6

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
Obviously we all want Timo but we need to fill out the bottom six with players who don’t suck ass.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
Is Dallas a good bet tomorrow? They can't possibly fix this in 24 hours?

We barely put up a fight against them the first time around, I think we might get handled pretty easily unless Jack goes super saiyan

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Obviously we all want Timo but we need to fill out the bottom six with players who don’t suck ass.

I mean sure? Getting Meier would allow the guys who are tweeners right now to play in the bottom 6 and thus making it better.

We barely put up a fight against them the first time around, I think we might get handled pretty easily unless Jack goes super saiyan

We played even with them the first time, lol. They scored two empty net goals, man

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Smith will look better once he’s back on the left next to Severson. He’s REALLY struggled playing the right.

He’ll look better because he’ll be playing next to a better defenseman. He can ride shotgun but he can’t carry a pairing.

I think Ok and Bahl would probably look fine across front of Severson too.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Well even the Hynes teams were way better than us the first three games in previous seasons, it's only this year where he's played spoiler with an inferior roster
How is the Nashville roster "inferior "?

Don't see a Josi, Ekholm or McDonagh on the Devils blueline. Forsberg, Duchesne, Johansen and Granlund are hardly chopped liver.

With Saros in net that's a pretty good lineup.

Reactions: Camille the Eel

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site

Don't see a Josi, Ekholm or McDonagh on the Devils blueline. Forsberg, Duchesne, Johansen and Granlund are hardly chopped liver.

They’re trash and they’re headed toward complete irrelevance.

Now that they have to go back to playing teams that the refs don’t have some weird vandetta against they can go back to losing.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Blackwood isn’t at fault for the loss but he isn’t really stealing any games and his rebound control is awful.

This was just an atrocious game by the defense. Unless they have more games like this, I wouldn’t freak out so much like some of you are doing.
Blackwood is one of the worst goalies in the NHL, bottom-5 at best. But that didn't have a whole lot to do with this game. I thought he should have stopped the last one though.

Honestly, I thought he looked worse in the Seattle game. Two short side goals, that I don't know why they don't hit a big oaf like him in the shoulder, and then that joke of an OT winner.

I honestly thought he looked worse in the Seattle game.

I thought only goal 5 he could have had.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Well it's definitely an inferior roster from last year.

David Rittich to Kevin Lankinen is a pretty big downgrade.

Reactions: glenwo2 and My3Sons

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
I took Dallas. I don't think Ruff can hide that bottom pair or the lower lines. Oettinger is really good as well.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

So then they’re really good and poorly coached? The Devils are twelve points ahead of the Preds even after losing to them twice, either it’s an inferior roster or an inferior coach (and it’s not like Lindy is Jon Cooper or Mike Sullivan either)

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Honestly when was the last time wood scored ? Edmonton of the face off ?
It wasn't quite that long ago, but I think it's been over 20 games now.

And I think it's been over 30 games, maybe even closer to 35 games since his second to last goal

You watch, if he plays like this next year wherever he ends up, he won't make it to January before he's on waivers.

And once a player like him is in the AHL, then that's usually where they are permanently, except for call ups. His full time NHL career will be over if nobody claims him. This type of player doesn't really come back from the AHL. And by come back, I mean full time. Call ups happen.

It's not a given that he won't get picked up on waivers, but I'm willing to bet if he's on anything more than a one year deal he probably won't be claimed.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
The defensive play has been trending down for a while. They really need Marino back after the break, desperately. And probably an upgrade on the 3rd pair at the TDL.

Siegs - Dougie
Graves - Marino
______ - Severson

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I took Dallas. I don't think Ruff can hide that bottom pair or the lower lines. Oettinger is really good as well.
Not for nothing, but you seem to think Blackwood is really good too.

Or at least that's what you portray.

Reactions: glenwo2

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
You can tell from Wood's face, he's having a rough go mentally.

I am also convinced that this team will be fine with Luke and Nemec. So many of the hiccups come from poor decisions attempting to start transition and that's the wheelhouse of our blue chip boys. Next year, throw the bone and release the pups. Not worried about losing Severson and Graves at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad