GDT: Devils @ Predators - 8:00 PM - MSGSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
49811.jpg

Just a dismal, lackadaisical putrid effort all around. Send O back to Utica and waive Smith first thing tomorrow morning.

Once again, we can't beat Mr. Clean. How many times have we seen NSH get over 40 shots on goal and 23 in a period this season? Not once this year, nor when he was the HC here. Hynes made sure they were ready for a sound regulation defeat tonight, unlike the last time where they gave us a point. Just absolutely miserable.

And DAL will rip this squad up tomorrow night. Pete isn't gonna let them slack off and lose in OT like the last two games, one of which was against BUF who are shooting up the standings.

They won't be blowing a 1-0 lead with 1 second left in regulation and losing in OT like they did against the Rags at MSG or giving us a point like they did @ NYb. Pete let the boys coast the last two games, but it won't happen tomorrow night. Nas is there too and he's also undefeated against us.

It will be another painful one for the NJD in Big D.

#Pete

#Hynes

#Nas

Omar Little

Omar comin yo
Jun 12, 2006
Massachusetts
How is the Nashville roster "inferior "?

Don't see a Josi, Ekholm or McDonagh on the Devils blueline. Forsberg, Duchesne, Johansen and Granlund are hardly chopped liver.

With Saros in net that's a pretty good lineup.

That entire team had career years last year only to get obliterated by Colorado in the playoffs. They won’t make the playoffs this year but by some chance they do it will be a similar fate to whoever this years #1 seed is. All their good players are on the wrong side of 28. It’s a team headed nowhere getting propped up by a good goalie.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
So then they’re really good and poorly coached? The Devils are twelve points ahead of the Preds even after losing to them twice, either it’s an inferior roster or an inferior coach (and it’s not like Lindy is Jon Cooper or Mike Sullivan either)
Or they play better teams?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That entire team had career years last year only to get obliterated by Colorado in the playoffs. They won’t make the playoffs this year but by some chance they do it will be a similar fate to whoever this years #1 seed is. All their good players are on the wrong side of 28. It’s a team headed nowhere getting propped up by a good goalie.
I actually didn't even realize Josi and Ekholm were 32 until earlier this season. And then McDonagh has gotta be 33 or 34 by now.

I kind of think of them like Pittsburgh and Washington, in that they're still on the very tail end of their contending team, but the window to actually win the cup slammed shut a couple years ago. And now they're on fumes and a playoff berth at best, with a first round exit. That's how it's been since they were last in the SCF in 2017. They even lost the play-in round to Arizona in 2020.

Reactions: My3Sons

Camille the Eel

Blackwood is one of the worst goalies in the NHL, bottom-5 at best. But that didn't have a whole lot to do with this game. I thought he should have stopped the last one though.

Honestly, I thought he looked worse in the Seattle game. Two short side goals, that I don't know why they don't hit a big oaf like him in the shoulder, and then that joke of an OT winner.

I honestly thought he looked worse in the Seattle game.

I thought only goal 5 he could have had.
Blackwood faced a lot of shots tonight and in his prior game in Seattle. His role as Flak Catcher saved Vanacek from a good deal of abuse in those games. Maybe Vitek will pitch a good one tomorrow going into the break. I hope for a sharp game from us, to atone for tonight.

Reactions: MasterofGrond

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020

The two years Hynes has made the playoffs he's needed a Hart trophy winner, 18 year old playing like a 1C, Vezina finalist, Norris winner, guys shooting 20%. Like what lol

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Wtf? The Western Conference is significantly worse than the East. IDK if you can’t tell the difference between a good team and a mediocre team feasting on an abysmal effort by the opposition.
To that point, five of the top six teams in the Bedard race are out West

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Gotta look on the bright side

At least we didn’t lose 5-1 to the Blackhawks tonight LMAO
Or 5-0 to the Coyotes (I guess they were working hard tonight, eh?), but that team sucks anyway.

They're another team that isn't doing shit anymore. See, I thought the whole time that St. Louis was probably a good team getting sunk by Binnington's shitty net minding, but then I saw that they're a BAD 5 on 5 team, they've been poor for 3 years now. Definitely shouldn't have re-upped their goon head coach, but it's been a long time since we've seen a cup winning head coach fired by their team. Quenneville was probably the last one, though Trotz did leave the Capitals right after they won the cup, but he wasn't fired.

Reactions: DerekDevils30

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Or 5-0 to the Coyotes (I guess they were working hard tonight, eh?), but that team sucks anyway.

They're another team that isn't doing shit anymore. See, I thought the whole time that St. Louis was probably a good team getting sunk by Binnington's shitty net minding, but then I saw that they're a BAD 5 on 5 team, they've been poor for 3 years now. Definitely shouldn't have re-upped their goon head coach, but it's been a long time since we've seen a cup winning head coach fired by their team. Quenneville was probably the last one, though Trotz did leave the Capitals right after they won the cup, but he wasn't fired.
Trotz might not have been ‘fired’ but he was definitely squeezed out when they didn’t even want to give him a raise from their cheapo option year. They thought Reirden was gonna be their long term coach like Lou with Lambert this offseason lol

Reactions: MasterofGrond

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Trotz might not have been ‘fired’ but he was definitely squeezed out when they didn’t even want to give him a raise from their cheapo option year
Ahh, yes, all so they could promote Todd Rierden, who they dumped after 2 years.

Where is he these days? Back in Pittsburgh as an assistant?

I remember somebody on here last year was really high on him and said we should look to hire him as head coach and that he'll be a head coach again in the league very soon. Forgot what poster said that, but I know I saw that on here.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
For the love of god please sit Wood tomorrow

PLEASE!

Swap him for Boqvist

But it'll probably be Boqvist in for Zetterlund again, or they just won't make a change on forward

O is definitely getting swapped for Bahl again, which is fine because that game from O was worse than any game Bahl has ever played, maybe even worse than some of his absolute worst COMBINED.

Sgt Brylin

Trade is one for one
Dec 28, 2012
Wood has a season ticket on the team, for whatever reason, and he'll walk in the offseason when some moron GM gives him 5x5 beacuse of "grit and intangibles".

I am beyond fed up with him. If' he's the "heart and soul" player of this team, we need a transplant.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Oh please, the Metro is frigging brutal other than Columbus. The Central is the second best division but they have two layup teams and they play more games against all the garbage in the Pacific too
Three best teams in the East are in the Atlantic.

Devils have yet to play Lightning, split with the Leafs, and have lost twice to Boston.

Hard to imagine anyone in the Metro other than Carolina winning the Cup.

Dallas, Winnipeg, and Colorado all have shots at winning it all.

• Haha
Reactions: Lou is God

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
Or at home in regulation to the Ducks. Or 5-0 at Arizona. The big bad bully Blues got neutered by the Mullet Arena’s Desert Dogs.

Man the west is a shitshow

For the love of god please sit Wood tomorrow

PLEASE!

Swap him for Boqvist

But it'll probably be Boqvist in for Zetterlund again, or they just won't make a change on forward

O is definitely getting swapped for Bahl again, which is fine because that game from O was worse than any game Bahl has ever played, maybe even worse than some of his absolute worst COMBINED.

Wood got his bell rung a little so there’s a built in excuse to not play him if they needed one minus the fact he sucks at hockey

I wish we weren’t done with games after tomorrow so we could hopefully see Nemec get a game or two since Bahl and Okh are both dreadful lately, the bottom pairing is a black hole

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY

Devils have yet to play Lightning, split with the Leafs, and have lost twice to Boston.

Devils are better than Dallas and Winnipeg (and have been better than Colorado this year) lol

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

You are overrating Winnipeg. Not sure if it’s the Rittich factor or not. Hellebuyck is the best goalie in the West though. If they win the cup then he’s gotta be the Conn Smythe winner.

Colorado ain’t winning the cup with the rosters they’ve been icing for a while now. They need deadline help. It wasn’t enough they lost Burakovsky and Kadri, but they’ve had injuries and have been beat up and using AHL heavy lineups all year long.

Dallas is a maybe. I did like Vegas, but they’re nothing worth bragging about when they start missing guys and pardon me for not taking a Thompson/Hill tandem seriously as a legit cup threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad