GDT: Devils @ Predators - 8:00 PM - MSGSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
What game were you watching? Press let Devils buzz around the perimeter then countered when they gained possession.

Offense hardly "took over" the third and lost way too many 50/50 pucks.

Press let Saros see the puck and then walled off any Devils trying to get rebounds.

Textbook team hockey.
This assessment couldn’t be any more incorrect, holy cow.

It was great team D by the preds…and yet they allowed 4 goals? Lol.

All you do is copy/paste the same commentary for every loss. The predators suck. They are very likely not even making the playoffs. The did nothing to contain the devils offense today. The devils D literally gift wrapped them like ten clear cut breakaways and Nashville still almost lost the game.

Reactions: DerekDevils30

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The Pete record is probably a barrel of laughs too, harder to figure that one out though since he's bounced around a bit.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
This was the game to get points out of because tomorrow is such a mountain with it being the 2nd half of a road back to back at the end of a really long stretch of games against one of the best teams in the league.

I don't expect them to have any gas left for tomorrow.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Graves needs Marino back in the worst way, and Severson-Smith was actually not terrible as the third pair. Bahl and Okhotiuk can't play in the playoffs.
I think we are seeing a cumulative effect of guys playing out of role and elevated minutes the past month with Marino out. How many games have we seen Okhotiuk or Bahl get benched? If adds up.

Fortunately they have a week and half off after tomorrow night, Marino is skating. Hopefully he can be back when they come back. Everyone rested and slotted correctly and things can get on track.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
What game were you watching?

Preds let Devils buzz around the perimeter then countered when they gained possession.

Offense hardly "took over" the third and lost way too many 50/50 pucks.

Preds let Saros see the puck and then walled off any Devils trying to get rebounds.

Textbook team hockey.

Watching the same game you were. Devils played a fine third period up until the turnover. Way too many simple errors on the back end cratered them unfortunately. It is what it is.

Whaddagoal

The Sheldon Keefe Era Begins
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Hynes broke our D corp tonight. Never seen so many guys get behind our d line with so much repitition...

This is how Anaheim felt when we came into their barn and torched their d with transition.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I think we are seeing a cumulative effect of guys playing out of role and elevated minutes the past month with Marino out. How many games have we seen Okhotiuk or Bahl get benched? If adds up.

Fortunately they have a week and half off after tomorrow night, Marino is skating. Hopefully he can be back when they come back. Everyone rested and slotted correctly and things can get on track.

Getting the bottom 6 playing better is going to be trickier. Hope the rest helps them, if not, some of the regulars in the bottom 6 need to start sitting

Reactions: Dylan9z9

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
The Pete record is probably a barrel of laughs too, harder to figure that one out though since he's bounced around a bit.

Nah, DeBoer tends to get teams on the cusp of breaking out. He always lands in great spots and we've been shit for the past decade. The Hynes one is way worse imo.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020

Would be the perfect time to also pull any trade trigger for Fitz with a week off and they start off with 2 games at home. :naughty:

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
Hynes broke our D corp tonight. Never seen so many guys get behind our d line with so much repitition...

This is how Anaheim felt when we came into their barn and torched their d with transition.

We will see if that’s something that needs adjusting. Our system is very aggressive in the neutral zone and requires a lot of support and communication. Both weren’t there tonight.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
I'm pretty confident we can pull the win tomorrow.

First off, Vitek is in net. The D will have reviewed their game tonight and we can definitely skate with Dallas. We've also won our last B2B on the road on the Western trip. The boys can pull it off.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Just such a shittty way to lose

All started with the bullshit penalty on Blackwood to kick everything off

I think I’m done watching for a while. Seriously, I’m f***ing good.

The bullshit penalty to Blackwood that they score on, and then they just swallow their whistles as guys take hideously obvious boardings, crosschecks, and trips.

It’s not fun anymore.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
LOL the record against Pete isn't much better

2-5-1 against him with the Sharks
1-2 against him with Vegas
0-1 against him with Dallas

3-8-1 overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad