Confirmed with Link: Devils get Alexei Ponikarovsky from Jets for 2013 7th & 2014 4th round picks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
So, does Loktionov get sent back down tomorrow? :laugh:

Lets see.

A 22 year old who only wants to play one position, "doesnt want" to play in the AHL, has requested to be traded, and only wants to play in the NHL?

Yeah, that's going to work pretty well on the Devils.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
Well one more defenseman than Tallinder/Harrold would like, but Lou's pathological about having eight NHL-caliber defensemen.

I think we'll go right up to the deadline...and if nobody's hurt, then we do Tallinder a favor and shuttle him off to some West team. If someone is hurt though, then we're cashing in our insurance policy and not making a move.

Agreed except I may stick with my first thought before the season in that we don't trade Tallinder or any of the dmen at all. Lou might load up for a run with depth at F and D considering it is a short season and the playoffs go on forever. Still would love a top line forward though.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Lets see.

A 22 year old who only wants to play one position, "doesnt want" to play in the AHL, has requested to be traded, and only wants to play in the NHL?

With the Russians we have who have all bought in here, Lou must figure he can fix any of his problems. Otherwise we never make that trade.

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
Lets see.

Lou must`ve known all this (because we did lol) and brought him in regardless. Interesting, don`t you think?

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Obviously from an on the ice standpoint for this season, this move makes perfect sense.

Though I do have reservations trading for a guy who bolted this past off season and is a UFA again this upcoming offseason.

kiwidevil

Obviously from an on the ice standpoint for this season, this move makes perfect sense.

Though I do have reservations trading for a guy who bolted this past off season and is a UFA again this upcoming offseason.

He is a journey man that didn't want to risk missing out on a contract in the NHL.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
Not only brought him over, but called him up today. I dont buy that he is being sent down after 1 day.

yea. maybe loki is being used to push josefson

and i would think Do it Dean! gave lou the heads up about this kid, considering lou is like a mentor to him.

Anyways, happy to see Poni back!!!

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
As long as he wants to play here, we shouldn't have a hold on us to re-sign him this time. Although we do have other guys to worry about as well.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
is this real life?!? I mean seriously I thought someone just bumped a really old thread. Price really isn't that bad, and it is possible if the team comes together to use Tally to regain some picks back. Definitely not a bad move at all.

Sneaky sneaky Lou!!!

Devilsfanatic0421

"You're next"
Feb 24, 2012

Bolt is a strong word. Lou had to focus his attention on Sellout #2.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Ok now wait a second. Who is getting sent down to clear a roster spot for Poni since we also called up Loki. I don't want to see Butler get sent down (and I would be worried he wouldn't clear waivers this time), and we JUST brought Loki up.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
is this real life?!? I mean seriously I thought someone just bumped a really old thread. Price really isn't that bad, and it is possible if the team comes together to use Tally to regain some picks back. Definitely not a bad move at all.

Sneaky sneaky Lou!!!

Me too. I thought why is someone bumping this of all things? Then I saw Winnipeg and did a wtf? Then joy.

njdss4

Mar 7, 2011
Anaheim

He didn't 'bolt'. He wasn't getting an offer from NJ because Lou was gathering every last dollar to try and keep Parise. Poni is not a top tier talent that will get tons of offers. He took what was offered and I don't blame him. (If anyone I blame Parise for forcing NJ to wait so long they lost Poni)

OOOOIIIO

Binary
Jul 25, 2010
Nashua, NH
Ok now wait a second. Who is getting sent down to clear a roster spot for Poni since we also called up Loki. I don't want to see Butler get sent down (and I would be worried he wouldn't clear waivers this time), and we JUST brought Loki up.

Im really hoping Harrold to be honest. I know we love having the defensive depth, and he would likely be claimed, but we cant give up Butler and Loki was just called up so I cant imagine him going right away.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Like a lot of you guys probably are, I'm not too surprised by this, it was almost expected that he'd be back and we now finally have it confirmed why he wasn't brought back this past summer

Poni time BAM!

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I do very much like the idea of this bottom-6:

Ponikarovsky - Zubrus - Matteau
Carter - Gionta - Bernier

Those lines would be amazing on the forecheck. Top 6 would be interesting though:

Henrique/Butler?-Zajac-Kovalchuk
Elias-Josefson/Henrique?-Clarkson

One of those guys doesn't belong there. I hope Lou can package up a defenceman to get a top 6 forward. Then we'll be ready for the playoffs.

Lets see.

Ya, I don't like Loki's chances of sticking, but Lou brought him in as a trade of opportunity. He's going to get a fair shot at it.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
I am guessing Harrold gets sent down.

Poni has to start with Zajac and Kovy.

Yayo - Loki - Barch/Kovy 4th line could be interesting. I would really wish Yayo and Loki gel so we have a solid 4 scoring lines come playoff time.

I would be shocked if Loki is sent down. We traded for the kid and just called him up. Harrold probably gets sent down.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Lou must`ve known all this (because we did lol) and brought him in regardless. Interesting, don`t you think?

Pretty much.

And what is wrong with the kid wanting to play in the NHL? He's got nothing left to prove in the minors and wants a shot. I'd be pissed if he was "okay" with being the AHL. Give him a shot, he doesn't stick he doesn't stick. And I guarantee you if DeBoer says we're trying you out on the wing, he jumps and says "When do I start?". People are extrapolating way too much from a two sentence quote.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
What are everyone's thoughts on Guillaume Latendresse. Guy is 6-2 230lbs plays LW and scored 27 goals his last full season?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I love how we went from laughable depth to solid depth in a few weeks with small moves lol. Lou is a wizard. When comparing this years roster to last years there's one major factor that I don't see people considering: Larsson's emergence. This team with a healthy Kovy, a more cohesive defensive unit, and Adam Larsson may be better than we were last season. Also, we may not be done making moves.

Larsson and Andy Greene, both have really stepped up their play from last year, and we are definitely getting more points and opportunities from the blue line then last year. I think we have the potential to be better then last year, but we aren't there yet. We are definitely a very good team, and now a much deeper team with assets to get even deeper.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I am guessing Harrold gets sent down.

Poni has to start with Zajac and Kovy.

Yayo - Loki - Barch/Kovy 4th line could be interesting. I would really wish Yayo and Loki gel so we have a solid 4 scoring lines come playoff time.

I would be shocked if Loki is sent down. We traded for the kid and just called him up. Harrold probably gets sent down.

Harrold wouldn't get through waivers, and he's a swingman (can play both forward and defense), he's not going anywhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad