Confirmed with Link: Devils get Alexei Ponikarovsky from Jets for 2013 7th & 2014 4th round picks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
Did Josefson play right wing in the AHL?

Butler - Zajac - Kovalchuk
Elias - Henrique - Clarkson
Poni - Loktionov - Josefson
Carter - Gionta - Bernier

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
I love how we went from laughable depth to solid depth in a few weeks with small moves lol. Lou is a wizard. When comparing this years roster to last years there's one major factor that I don't see people considering: Larsson's emergence. This team with a healthy Kovy, a more cohesive defensive unit, and Adam Larsson may be better than we were last season. Also, we may not be done making moves.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
I love how we went from laughable depth to solid depth in a few weeks with small moves lol. Lou is a wizard. When comparing this years roster to last years there's one major factor that I don't see people considering: Larsson's emergence. This team with a healthy Kovy, a more cohesive defensive unit, and Adam Larsson may be better than we were last season. Also, we may not be done making moves.

As much as I hate to admit it, we miss Parise's offense.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Of course we do. We miss his forechecking and his never losing a boards battle, and his penalty killing. But what are you going to do? Need to move on. I do think with Larsson in the lineup and developing we may have an overall better team now, but that depends on whether or not Josefson can find some points, whether Matteau can find some points, and how Butler and friends do from here on out.

Devils1029

Jun 19, 2008

We do miss it and his shootout skills in the regular season and while he didn't do much offensively in the playoffs last year, his tenacity and hard work on the forecheck will be what we miss the most I think.

thepuff75

Doing the Lokimotion
Apr 27, 2012
all the excitement!

Attachments

• PONI.gif
    PONI.gif
    1 MB · Views: 22

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Larsson's improvement alone isn't worth the difference between him and Zach + the difference in whatever defenseman Larsson's replacing (Tallinder/Harrold). We're not a better team than last year, and we're not going to be barring another top six scoring winger coming in...but at least we're close enough to it now to not do anything rash.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Larsson's improvement alone isn't worth the difference between him and Zach + the difference in whatever defenseman Larsson's replacing (Tallinder/Harrold). We're not a better team than last year, and we're not going to be barring another top six scoring winger coming in...but at least we're close enough to it now to not do anything rash.
I'm not convinced that this is the case. I think Larsson is a pretty big upgrade over Harrold.

DevilsAnimal*

I doubt Calgary does this. I would tho.

I dont think they would want a roster player in return, at least not one we can spare, they would want someone young, to build around, Tallinder and Volch are too expensive and too old for them

I know the flames dont have ANY goalies other than Danny Taylor, so Clermont would do them well

And maybe add a guy like Young too, but they have too many contracts, so we would need to take someone back. At least I think; Taylor may have put them up to 48. Through in a first and a 2nd and take Banks and street, maybe even bouma

ive watched both play in Abby, and they're awesome, and would be great for albany and would make great call ups in our system. Bouma's injured, but he's a very carter mixed with bernier kind of guy, and would be an epic 5th liner

so in total

Yoyo + Teddy + urbom + Clermont + 1st + 2nd + conditional pick if iginla doesnt re-sign
for Iginla + banks/street + bouma +

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Of course we do. We miss his forechecking and his never losing a boards battle, and his penalty killing. But what are you going to do? Need to move on. I do think with Larsson in the lineup and developing we may have an overall better team now, but that depends on whether or not Josefson can find some points, whether Matteau can find some points, and how Butler and friends do from here on out.

I agree completely. We also need Zajac to turn back into Zajac. He more than anyone needs to start producing.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I'm not convinced that this is the case. I think Larsson is a pretty big upgrade over Harrold.

Well Larsson's also replacing 'himself' since he started for much of last year until the playoffs. In the playoffs it was mostly Harrold, who had a good postseason and Tallinder, who had a surprisingly good couple of games for a guy that was on the shelf for months. But to crystalize the comparison it's

2012 Larsson > 2011 Larsson/Tallinder/Harrold
Parise >> Matteau/Butler

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ

Larsson is playing at the level of a number one or two defenseman. That's a huge addition to the team. But one thing that slipped my mind was that Sal was playing like a number one as well. I may have just defeated my own argument hahaha

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I'm happy with this. He was solid with us last season, and will be again now.

TaiMaiShu

Aug 12, 2005
Did Josefson play right wing in the AHL?

Butler - Zajac - Kovalchuk
Elias - Henrique - Clarkson
Poni - Loktionov - Josefson
Carter - Gionta - Bernier

I remember people saying Yayo was a RW on a line with Kruger in Sweden. Could have been the other way though, not positive.

Still think Poni starts on the first line though. And a Yayo-Lokti-Butler line would be very soft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad