Confirmed with Link: Devils get Alexei Ponikarovsky from Jets for 2013 7th & 2014 4th round picks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
Kovy will be happy to have his bro back.

tumblr_m5c5ebitzb1qbfq7bo1_500.png

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
Yeah but why keep 2 extra d-men. Harrold was a bonus because he could play wing but we've essentially added Butler, Lokti, and Poni to the forwards and Harrold is way behind in playing forward and behind Tallinder on the D depth chart. I say he gets put on waivers...least likely to get claimed and if he goes down, we can call him back up with no re-entry waiver if we have any injuries to the D.

I think Harrold gets claimed if he goes on waivers that hurts our D depth. I know we have Urbom in the AHL but frankly going into the playoffs if we loose 1 of our Dman id rather have Harrold who played damn good in the playoffs vs having a rookie in there.

Of course this all depends on if we trade Tally or Volch at some point. If we are going to keep them both all season then ok put him on waivers see what happens.

njdss4

Mar 7, 2011
Anaheim
Poni - Yayo - Butler
CBGB

I'm happy.

I really hope you're right and Barch gets sent down. He is completely unnecessary. Just because he doesn't seem to be as much of a liability as Janssen doesn't mean he should be taking up a roster spot now that Poni is back.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Im pleased with this. When Zubie comes back we will finally have depth on our roster. Still think we need a top 6 guy
Well, this is one way to think about the roster when healthy:

X - Zajac - Kovalchuk
Elias - Henrique - Clarkson
Ponikarovsky - Josefson - Zubrus
Carter - Gionta - Bernier

You can scramble the lines if you like.

This means that we have one every-day roster spot open, and Butler, Matteau, and Loktionov all in competition to own it. Or, we can go with none of the above and add someone else through trade.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Well hopefully we re-sign Poni THIS time, now that we gave up two fourths for him lmao.

So our FA-to-be count is up to Clarkson/Zubrus/Elias/Poni/Zidlicky this offseason.

Mory Schneideur*

I. LOVE. THIS. MOVE!!!

We should have locked him up before! Will he wear #12 again?

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Well, this is one way to think about the roster when healthy:

X - Zajac - Kovalchuk
Elias - Henrique - Clarkson
Ponikarovsky - Josefson - Zubrus
Carter - Gionta - Bernier

You can scramble the lines if you like.

This means that we have one every-day roster spot open, and Butler, Matteau, and Loktionov all in competition to own it. Or, we can go with none of the above and add someone else through trade.

X = Iginla :naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad