Confirmed with Link: Devils get Alexei Ponikarovsky from Jets for 2013 7th & 2014 4th round picks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
LMAO Lou is so ****ing hilarious. Can't believe Poni is back. This is funny

It was completely predictable, except for the timing. I didn't think we'd be able to get Poni back 'this' soon. Thank you Pens for letting the Jets have Tangradi :P

OOOOIIIO

Binary
Jul 25, 2010
Nashua, NH
I still think I like:

Butler - Zajac - Kovy
Elias - Henrique - Clarkson
Poni - Josefson/Loki - Matteau (Zubrus when he returns)
CBGB

apice3*

It really feels like Ponikarovsky simply belongs here. He's a Devils type of a player. Plus he provides this lineup a lot of flexibility. Perfect 3rd liner that can give you top 6 minutes, PK, and PP time. Smart player, also seems to have the clutch gene. You win with players like him.

King Henrique

¡ɹǝʌo s,ʇı ¡ǝnbıɹuǝɥ
Jan 8, 2010
NJ
Wish we could have just resigned him in the offseason so we didn't have to give up more picks. Nevertheless, still happy to have Poni back, he is a great player.

Attachments

• Bill-KruegerMylittleponi_SF.jpg
    Bill-KruegerMylittleponi_SF.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 6

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Well, this is one way to think about the roster when healthy:

X - Zajac - Kovalchuk
Elias - Henrique - Clarkson
Ponikarovsky - Josefson - Zubrus
Carter - Gionta - Bernier

You can scramble the lines if you like.

This means that we have one every-day roster spot open, and Butler, Matteau, and Loktionov all in competition to own it. Or, we can go with none of the above and add someone else through trade.

Trade a 3rd and a 6th round pick for Parise.

NJDpassantino

Jan 16, 2012
Like the move, but now all we are doing is replacing Zubrus who could be out for the rest of the season. This does not change the fact that we still need another top 6 winger. I wish we could have traded Tallinder + for a top 6. I hope we can still make another move. But I do not get the feeling Lou is going to do that because him and Pete always say you can never have enough D.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Like the move, but now all we are doing is replacing Zubrus who could be out for the rest of the season. This does not change the fact that we still need another top 6 winger. I wish we could have traded Tallinder + for a top 6. I hope we can still make another move. But I do not get the feeling Lou is going to do that because him and Pete always say you can never have enough D.
There's a lot of time before the deadline. They'll continue to make evaluations.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

This year Zubrus - last year Zajac. Each year we had a top six forward laid out until just before the playoffs. Now that Poni's back really the main difference between last year's team and this year's team is you know who. But at least there aren't a couple of other guys we have to replace. We've replaced Poni with Poni. Sykora wasn't going to give us the same production anyway, we'll make do with Butler/Matteau/whatever.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
You can't not like this trade, aside from the fact that we could have had him for free but Parise screwed us. Big body for the bottom six, knows the system, you couldn't draw up a better replacement for Zubrus.

Makes the move for Loktionov a bit of head scratcher, though. He's redundant at this point. He won't get much of a shot at center or any other forward position. I'd still like to see what he can do, but I have no idea who he could possibly replace. Everyone else has a defined role.

BulletTheBlueSky

Feb 25, 2009
Old Bridge, NJ
My eyes mighta been deceiving me but it looked like Kovy was real happy and played with more enthusiasm last night. I also noticed he was on the left side all night.....more so than his usually drift. Is he back at LW? So excited Pony is back.

DevilsAnimal*

That is a thought. Definitely a thought. Does raise the question of where Josefson is though.

maybe put him with Elias and Clarkson, then put Henrique on the first line

the First line would be so versatile it wouldnt even be funny. All 3 of those guys can play at least two positions, Imagine a shift of Zajac-Henrique-Kovy, then they come blazing next shift with Kovy-Zajac-Henrique

The "ol reliable" would be Elias-Yoyo-Clarkson

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
maybe put him with Elias and Clarkson, then put Henrique on the first line

the First line would be so versatile it wouldnt even be funny. All 3 of those guys can play at least two positions, Imagine a shift of Zajac-Henrique-Kovy, then they come blazing next shift with Kovy-Zajac-Henrique

The "ol reliable" would be Elias-Yoyo-Clarkson
Only if Yayo starts to produce points. I really want him to, and I think he has it in him somewhere, but he needs to start to produce points.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
There's a lot of time before the deadline. They'll continue to make evaluations.

They also have four UFA forwards (granted, I expect at least three of them to be re-signed), they'll be making evaluations even after the deadline for next year more or less. Maybe Josefson falls by the wayside briefly when everyone gets healthy but I don't think that means they'd pre-emptively move him or he'll fall down an elevator shaft although it seems to be trending that way slowly.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
You can't not like this trade, aside from the fact that we could have had him for free but Parise screwed us. Big body for the bottom six, knows the system, you couldn't draw up a better replacement for Zubrus.

Makes the move for Loktionov a bit of head scratcher, though. He's redundant at this point. He won't get much of a shot at center or any other forward position. I'd still like to see what he can do, but I have no idea who he could possibly replace. Everyone else has a defined role.
I think Ponikarovsky was a trade of opportunity as much as anything. I'm not sure who called who, but I bet it only happened after the Tangradi trade went down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad