Confirmed with Link: Devils get Alexei Ponikarovsky from Jets for 2013 7th & 2014 4th round picks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

downtown56

Mar 5, 2008
@TGfireandice: Ponikarovsky on trade back to NJ: "I was surprised and excited in the same time."
@TGfireandice: More Ponikarovsky: "I know the team, I know the way they play and I think a lot of things that were done in the past kind of suits me."

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
For most of the playoffs he was with henrique and clarkson even strength, correct?
I doubt he takes Elias' spot, but I could see him with kovy and zajac, matteau goes down, and yayo-loktionov-butler makes our final line

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
union sold him out to protect the other 8 or 9. typical

If it wasn't for the union we would have Larsson. bettman wanted our 2011 1st round pick. The union was the one that lobbied for us to have the option to choose. So we should be saying thank you.

apice3*

If Poni is worth a forth, Tallinder is worth a fourth. They'll get the pick back.

I'd rather not move Tallinder for futures, especially something as impractical as a 4th. We're built to win now. I want a roster player coming back.

Matteau cannot go to Albany until his junior season is done

I am almost positive.

Correct. We can send him back to the Q though. I think we have til March 1 or something.

Semak

I'd rather not move Tallinder for futures, especially something as impractical as a 4th. We're built to win now. I want a roster player coming back.

Correct. We can send him back to the Q though. I think we have til March 1 or something.

I agree. Just the point that a fourth is not that big of a deal when they have an asset like Tallinder that can net the team a pick or a serviceable roster player.

Last edited by a moderator:

Devils1029

Jun 19, 2008
Yeah but why keep 2 extra d-men. Harrold was a bonus because he could play wing but we've essentially added Butler, Lokti, and Poni to the forwards and Harrold is way behind in playing forward and behind Tallinder on the D depth chart. I say he gets put on waivers...least likely to get claimed and if he goes down, we can call him back up with no re-entry waiver if we have any injuries to the D. Plus have Urbom knocking on the door.

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ

Would Tallinder return a player good enough to knock someone out of our lineup? I'd be down with getting a 3rd and a 5th for him.

When they put Bernier, Ponikarovsky and Zubrus together that line was amazing

The 666lb line! They were good.

GM17*

If it wasn't for the union we would have Larsson. bettman wanted our 2011 1st round pick. The union was the one that lobbied for us to have the option to choose. So we should be saying thank you.

the difference between reality and alternate reality

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad