Confirmed with Link: Devils get Alexei Ponikarovsky from Jets for 2013 7th & 2014 4th round picks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Larsson is playing at the level of a number one or two defenseman. That's a huge addition to the team. But one thing that slipped my mind was that Sal was playing like a number one as well. I may have just defeated my own argument hahaha

Andy Greene is though lol. If Greene/Clarkson continue their current level of play, and other guys like Henrique improve as well then you can argue this year's team is on a par with/better than last year's team.

And people bag on Sal too much anyway, the only reason people thought he was crap before last postseason is because he didn't score and can't move. The only reason people liked him last postseason is because he surprisingly did score. And of course he's back to not scoring now and he still can't move so people don't like him. Thankfully hockey people aren't that obtuse.

Dec 10, 2008
NoDak now NYC area
Love this trade for a variety of reasons including the fact that we know he fits in this system and he can play all over the lineup and contribute. Like JKR said, it's a pretty god bet he starts on the first line Friday night

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Andy Greene is though lol. If Greene/Clarkson continue their current level of play, and other guys like Henrique improve as well then you can argue this year's team is on a par with/better than last year's team.

And people bag on Sal too much anyway, the only reason people thought he was crap before last postseason is because he didn't score and can't move. The only reason people liked him last postseason is because he surprisingly did score. And of course he's back to not scoring now and he still can't move so people don't like him. Thankfully hockey people aren't that obtuse.

Very true about Sal, but he hasn't been very good period this year. Not even his defense. I didn't consider Clarkson's emergence either that's a good point. But really, we don't have to be better than last year's team, we need to be better than the teams we play.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Brilliant move by Lou.

This is a "playoff move" made at what would normally be at a time when ~65% of the season's in the books.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
We traded our 2013 third in the Zidlicky trade, right? Lou unloading the picks for a run. Got rid of our third, fifth, and seventh of 2013 so far. And our fourth next year, of course.

Status Quo*

FYq7M.gif

YES YES YES

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Brilliant move by Lou.

This is a "playoff move" made at what would normally be at a time when ~65% of the season's in the books.

Last year we traded for Poni on January 20. This year we traded for him basically three weeks later (of course with far fewer games played).

Last year we dealt a fourth and a nothing prospect for him, this year we dealt a fourth and a nothing pick.

Last year his debut was against the Flyers at home. This year his debut is against the Flyers at home.

It really is odd, the eerie deja vu of the whole thing. This definitely beats Salmela for fastest re-acquisition of a player :laugh:

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
We traded our 2013 third in the Zidlicky trade, right? Lou unloading the picks for a run. Got rid of our third, fifth, and seventh of 2013 so far. And our fourth next year, of course.

If we go deep again, I could see us givng up the first as well. We're hosting the draft, and we won't be making any picks.:laugh:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
If we go deep again, I could see us givng up the first as well. We're hosting the draft, and we won't be making any picks.:laugh:

That'd be the ultimate troll move by Lou...watch us sit there all day waiting for the Devils to make a sixth-round selection, then trade the sixth-rounder for a higher pick next year :laugh:

At this point if they finish high again might as well give the scouts a write-off year and tell them to take an extended vacation.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
And we still have one more D-man than we'd like. Lou isn't done.

Ya, we're still waiting for the other shoe to drop there. I don't think we'll be rolling through the deadline with all 8 defencemen still here.

It would be nice to see the Ponikarovksy - Zubrus - Bernier unit again when Zubrus gets healthy. They just abused on the forecheck.

That was a great line for DeBoer to put out after a goal for or against. Jump-started the team with their energy every time.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Ya, we're still waiting for the other shoe to drop there. I don't think we'll be rolling through the deadline with all 8 defencemen still here.

That was a great line for DeBoer to put out after a goal for or against. Jump-started the team with their energy every time.
I do very much like the idea of this bottom-6:

Ponikarovsky - Zubrus - Matteau
Carter - Gionta - Bernier

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

Well one more defenseman than Tallinder/Harrold would like, but Lou's pathological about having eight NHL-caliber defensemen.

I think we'll go right up to the deadline...and if nobody's hurt, then we do Tallinder a favor and shuttle him off to some West team. If someone is hurt though, then we're cashing in our insurance policy and not making a move.

kiwidevil

Butler - Zajac - Kovy
Elias - Henrique - Clarkson
Poni - Lokti - Josefson/Matteau then Zubrus
Carter - Gionta - bernier

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad