Confirmed with Link: Devils get Alexei Ponikarovsky from Jets for 2013 7th & 2014 4th round picks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Devils Unseen Hand

Jul 25, 2002
Ocean County
Playing armchair GM.....

Trade Tallinder, Tedenby & Urbom to the Leafs for Nikolai Kulemin & prospect, Kenny Ryan

Send Matteau back to the Q
Send Josefson back to Albany
Send Kenny Ryan to Albany

Line Combos:

Kulemin - Loktionov - Kovalchuk (The Russian Score Front)
Elias - Henrique - Clarkson
Poni - Zajac - Butler
Carter - Gionta - Bernier

Barch swaps in when needed, Harrold is spare parts
Zubes replaces whoever is sucking ass when he gets back

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Playing armchair GM.....

Trade Tallinder, Tedenby & Urbom to the Leafs for Nikolai Kulemin & prospect, Kenny Ryan

Line Combos:

Kulemin - Loktionov - Kovalchuk
Poni - Zajac - Butler

Yes, because Loktionov should be penciled in as our #1 center.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Playing armchair GM.....

Line Combos:

Kulemin - Loktionov - Kovalchuk
Poni - Zajac - Butler

Zubes replaces whoever is sucking ass when he gets back

Zajac on the 3rd line ???? Loki on the 1st ??? Jesus christ thats awful

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
I believe Josefson can also go down without clearly waivers.

Also keep in mind the roster needs to be set by game time you can put someone on waivers but they still have a roster spot unti they clear so someone needs to be sent down tomorrow. The only people are Butler, Josefson, Lokti, or Matteau back to Jr's.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
He is a journey man that didn't want to risk missing out on a contract in the NHL.

Guy has scored 20 goals numerous times, and was just on a team that went to the SCF's, contracts would be there.

Bolt is a strong word. Lou had to focus his attention on Sellout #2.

He didn't 'bolt'. He wasn't getting an offer from NJ because Lou was gathering every last dollar to try and keep Parise. Poni is not a top tier talent that will get tons of offers. He took what was offered and I don't blame him. (If anyone I blame Parise for forcing NJ to wait so long they lost Poni)

I picked up this information on this board, so maybe it is incorrect, but I though Poni signed on the first day of FA. A one year deal. To a bad team. If true, that is a bolt.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I believe Josefson can also go down without clearly waivers.

Also keep in mind the roster needs to be set by game time you can put someone on waivers but they still have a roster spot unti they clear so someone needs to be sent down tomorrow. The only people are Butler, Josefson, Lokti, or Matteau back to Jr's.

He can, but given his icetime/role compared with Matteau/Butler's, I doubt he'd be first in line to be sent down at this point.

Devils86

Apr 8, 2008
Here are our 4th round picks from 2000 on...Phil Cole,Andrei Posnov,Cam Jannssen,Patrick Davis,Tyler Miller,Matt Halischuk,Matt Delahny,Seth Hegeson,Joe Faust, Reid Boucher, Ben Thompson. except for Boucher I;d tade all of them together for Poni let alone one yet unknown player who will in all likelihood never make the NHL

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Here are our 4th round picks from 2000 on...Phil Cole,Andrei Posnov,Cam Jannssen,Patrick Davis,Tyler Miller,Matt Halischuk,Matt Delahny,Seth Hegeson,Joe Faust, Reid Boucher, Ben Thompson. except for Boucher I;d tade all of them together for Poni let alone one yet unknown player who will in all likelihood never make the NHL
Halischuk is a pretty good player.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Yes, because every time you have three players from the same country on a line, they automatically become elite.

I mean it'd be one thing if they actually 'did' play together at some point, but just assuming people will click because of nationality is silly.

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
Guy has scored 20 goals numerous times, and was just on a team that went to the SCF's, contracts would be there.

He hasn't scored 20 goals since leaving the Leafs. In fact he's only hit double digits once since leaving there and that was last year. And he was one of and possibly least productive forward last postseason. He got about what he deserved.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
3 Russians playing together, chemistry folks. If it "ever" did happen, they would be a top line.

For now, no.... because we don't have effin' Kulemin!!!

Sooo since all 3 are Russian they automatically have chemistry ???? What is this NHL Ultimate Team ? They have never played together and they will somehow magically have chemistry ???

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Lou has traded for random defenseman at the deadline all the time.

Yeah and how's that worked out most of the time? Usually defensemen struggle when they first get here because they don't know the system. I'd rather not have to trade for anyone else on the blueline this year with all the assets we've given up already.

That's also further proof that Lou isn't going to go into the playoffs with Urbom as his primary reserve. No more than one guy - if that - is getting dealt off the current defense.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
Only when he felt his team defense was lacking. I don't see any way he'll intentionally diminish his team defensive depth with the knowledge that he'd just have to reinforce it again later.

If Urbom is playing bad then Lou would have felt his team defense was lacking.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad