Devils discussion (news, notes and speculation) - offseason part II

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
We talkin Andre Palot?

IMG_2305.png

megajake

Aug 24, 2009
Thinking out loud, but similar cap hits - DAL needs D help.

If we do get Pesce would you swap Marino for Marchment !? Hockey trade. Big dude, hits a ton super physical and great infront of the net. 22 goals this year - 20 goal pace in 3 straight years now
Sure. I'd prefer to get McGroaty though

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
Yeah, if we're signing Pesce, I would absolutely deal Marino for Marchment.

Reasonable offense, pretty good defensive results, plays hard, bring a physical element. Not a burner, but not slow. Think he'd be a great guy to rotate among our top 9 wings.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
right but most college players did not. now they’re not prohibited from receiving compensation and this should fall under that
Camp doesn’t seem to fit under any of the categories NIL players can be paid for, from my reading.

You’d need to pay them for something else, like autographs, appearances, and/or merchandise.

I know this appears silly but the NCAA is silly with its rules. You could still be punished for taking compensation the wrong way despite NIL.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Colton-Hughes-Bratt
Timo-Nico-Mercer
Marchment-Haula-Palat
Carrier-Lazar-Bastian
Nosek

Siegs-Hamilton
Luke-Pesce
Dillon-Nemec
DeSimone/Hatakka

CalamityX23

May 2, 2023
so Bahl was only going to get better/stronger, but Nemec and Luke aren't?

Bahl barely used his size at all. He might as well have been 6' instead of 6'7''.
Bahl had the size to burden the phsyicality of the NHL.

Nemec and Hughes are still growing and absolutely will get better but not there yet, it'll be ongoing. Both entering year 2 essentially.

More time to get Bahl to use his size was to our benefit. we kinda cut his timeline short prematurely IMO.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
Colton-Hughes-Bratt
Timo-Nico-Mercer
Marchment-Haula-Palat
Carrier-Lazar-Bastian
Nosek

Siegs-Hamilton
Luke-Pesce
Dillon-Nemec
DeSimone/Hatakka

This would be such a different team outside our core players haha. On Paper, quite a good one. I'm not so sure Dillon is coming here though. Also, I'd rather someone to take Siegs spot and have him be the 3rd LD

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Devils really shouldn't go for a defenseman with term for the 3rd pair when they're probably already signing Pesce to a long term deal. So I don't get the need for Dillon. 3rd pair #6 can be filled with a UFA on a short term deal like Florida did with OEL and Kulikov and if it's a problem come trade deadline then they can get a short term fix then. Don't want depth d on deals with term with the upcoming extensions to Luke and Nemec -- need to retain some flexibility.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
He desperately wants to play in the NHL. Hence why he wants to get out from the Jets

Seems like the breaking point with the Jets was that he wanted to be signed after this past college season and play, but the Jets were playing for playoff positioning and decided against it.

Not sure, but guessing when he is traded he may sign with the acquiring team if there's a decent enough chance that he could make the roster this season.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Devils really shouldn't go for a defenseman with term for the 3rd pair when they're probably already signing Pesce to a long term deal. So I don't get the need for Dillon. 3rd pair #6 can be filled with a UFA on a short term deal like Florida did with OEL and Kulikov and if it's a problem come trade deadline then they can get a short term fix then. Don't want depth d on deals with term with the upcoming extensions to Luke and Nemec -- need to retain some flexibility.
I’m not sure if he’ll get much term. Anything over 2 is an easy no. Demelo got 4 and he’s almost 3 years younger.

It’s also reasonably likely that Siegs is still awful and needs to be moved.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
I don’t think anyone is arguing Palat isn’t overpaid. But the team is unequivocally better with him on the roster than without.
That's fine.

Was I bothered to see Bahl go? Yea. Did or am I doing massive complaining about it? No.

Do I dislike the Palat contract? Yea. Am I doing crazy amounts of whining about it? No.

But when I see terrible arguments for one or the other, or that contradict each other, it's a weakness. Gotta chime in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay