Devils discussion (news, notes and speculation) - offseason part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
I’m not sure if he’ll get much term. Anything over 2 is an easy no. Demelo got 4 and he’s almost 3 years younger.

It’s also reasonably likely that Siegs is still awful and needs to be moved.
The team is talented enough where they should be able to find out if Siegenthaler can bounce back and still be in a good spot -- if he does great and if not you can address it in-season. I think Brendon Dillon at 2 years could potentially be a good deal and AFP has him at 2 at 2.89 so maybe that could be had but looking at LHD market he's probably going to have his fair supply of suitors because he's the best one out there that won't require a long term deal (Zadarov and Skjei) so I wouldn't want the Devils to get in a bidding war for him.

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
Pesce 5 x $5.5
Dillon 2 x $2.5
trade Marino for Colton
sign a 4th line type

I think that would make us much tougher to play against

Sure, it would.

However Colorado has Cale Makar and Josh Manson as their 1RHD and 2RHD. And they are looking to move Colton to create cap room for raises due to Mittlestadt (signed today) and Drouin, as well as the return of Landeskog.

Can you explain why they would want to trade Colton ($4 million AAV) for Marino ($4.4 million AAV) ?

thank you for explaining the purpose of a message board

This is funny to me because you are suspect #1 to attack people for something they bring to a message board

Reactions: Camille the Eel

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Sure, it would.

However Colorado has Cale Makar and Josh Manson as their 1RHD and 2RHD. And they are looking to move Colton to create cap room for raises due to Mittlestadt (signed today) and Drouin, as well as the return of Landeskog.

Can you explain why they would want to trade Colton ($4 million AAV) for Marino ($4.4 million AAV) ?

This is funny to me because you are suspect #1 to attack people for something they bring to a message board

Manson averages 17 minutes/game and has for 3 straight years now. He is not a legitimate 2nd pairing DMan. I have no idea if they would or wouldn't do it? That's why I posted it (along with 3-4 other suggestions).

The obsession you have with my posts is kinda weird tbh.

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
Youtube's algorithm randomly recommended the Devils 3min comeback W vs the Leafs back in 2010 and holy shit that roster was truly something else.

- Dean McAmmond (who had the GTG and GTA), Andrew f***ing Peters, Tim Sestito, PL3, Rod Pelley, Rob Niedermayer
- Martin Skoula, a Colin White - Mike Mottau pairing

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
Youtube's algorithm randomly recommended the Devils 3min comeback W vs the Leafs back in 2010 and holy shit that roster was truly something else.

- Dean McAmmond (who had the GTG and GTA), Andrew f***ing Peters, Tim Sestito, PL3, Rod Pelley, Rob Niedermayer

Across drive score! Zajac! Tie game!

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ

If you named those guys without the year, I would have sworn up and down that was a post-2012 purgatory roster.

ndkjr70

Jan 30, 2023
if we’re doing a player for player swap, give me Mason Marchment for John Marino. Dallas is desperate for RHD.

I was there sitting right behind the Devils bench. That Zajac goal, the reaction from the bench, the reaction from Kovalchuk…. team of destiny shit.

til they weren’t

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad