Devils chances at playoffs - The Final Push - Points and Standings Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Jack City

Dec 28, 2011
Yes, we are donezo.

But for ***** and giggles what would need to happen for us to sneak in at 90

goawaygary*

Just stop it. :laugh:

The level of TROLLING that would ensue should that happen would be LEGENDARY. :laugh:

That scenario isn't too impossible, Phoenix is going to be tough for them tomorrow and so is Dallas in the restarted game even though it's starting 1-0 Blue Jackets. Not sure how motivated Tampa will be, but Florida seems to play hard in a spoiler role. If Luongo is in net they have a punchers chance

prob not happening, but stranger things have happened

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
we go 3-0. Columbus goes no better than 1-2-1

I dont think it's incredibly unlikely Columbus goes 1-2-1 with the tough schedule they have left.

I think it's incredibly unlikely the Devils go 3-0 against any 3 NHL teams even if you could hand-pick them.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Honestly I don't even see Columbus losing three of their last four at this point. People can claim tough schedule and yes it helps they're playing two teams that need the game as much as they do coming up, but one of the games is at home and the other they've already got a 1-0 lead. After that they're playing a Tampa team that may or may not be motivated to get home-ice in their series then a Florida team that's Luuu and not much else.

goawaygary*

I dont think it's incredibly unlikely Columbus goes 1-2-1 with the tough schedule they have left.

I think it's incredibly unlikely the Devils go 3-0 against any 3 NHL teams even if you could hand-pick them.

Especially when Boston is one of those teams, who would crush us resting 1/3 of their roster

I actually think 1-2-1 is what Columbus will do, but we may not even beat Ottawa

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I wonder if someone can embed a file playing "Taps" in this thread.

I'd do it but on the 5% chance we win the lottery over the next week it's going to look even more silly than the rest of our posts saying it's over :laugh:

I'll probably close the thread with it though if the Jackets do win their next two and end it by Thursday :(

goawaygary*

Honestly I don't even see Columbus losing three of their last four at this point. People can claim tough schedule and yes it helps they're playing two teams that need the game as much as they do coming up, but one of the games is at home and the other they've already got a 1-0 lead. After that they're playing a Tampa team that may or may not be motivated to get home-ice in their series then a Florida team that's Luuu and not much else.

for some strange reason I feel this season has one more "twist" in it where we're granted some hope or a reprieve.

What'll come of it, who knows? But I feel strongly we're going into thurs still alive.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
for some strange reason I feel this season has one more "twist" in it where we're granted some hope or a reprieve.

What'll come of it, who knows? But I feel strongly we're going into thurs still alive.

Well the only way we DON'T go into Thursday alive is if the Blue Jackets sweep the next two. So yeah they could be alive but comatose on life support if the Jackets just split. A Jackets split would mean they have to lose their last two while we have to win the last three.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Columbus actually beats the garbage like the Islanders and they'll probably beat the Sunrise Scrubs. We lose to those teams.

goawaygary*

Well the only way we DON'T go into Thursday alive is if the Blue Jackets sweep the next two. So yeah they could be alive but comatose on life support if the Jackets just split. A Jackets split would mean they have to lose their last two while we have to win the last three.

How about an Undertaker/Brock Lesnar surprise swerve where the Wings lose out and we sneak in with 89 points.

I would eat my shoe

ok I've had too much to drink

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
How about an Undertaker/Brock Lesnar surprise swerve where the Wings lose out and we sneak in with 89 points.

I would eat my shoe

Detroit losing just 'tomorrow' would be a huge shock, never mind losing out. They actually beat trash like Buffalo :P

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012

I would eat my shoe

ok I've had too much to drink

One is fixed the other is not. I'm sorry being super cynical right now.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
bear+wave_6af3d8_4259157.gif

There go our hopes of the playoffs, wave goodbye

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 1h
Jagr: "It wouldn’t make any sense to finish like that - dominate & lose. Just keep the faith & I think we’re going to get one more chance."

goawaygary*

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 1h
Jagr: "It wouldn’t make any sense to finish like that - dominate & lose. Just keep the faith & I think we’re going to get one more chance."

I guess we're taking swigs from the same bottle
divnej_brouk-jagrmajstr-small.jpg

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Coming from anyone else I'd laugh that quote out of the room. Maybe Elias I'd take seriously if he said that too. Maybe. But EVEN IF we get our fortieth different chance to make up ground who in their right mind thinks we'll take advantage of it? :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad