Devils chances at playoffs - The Final Push - Points and Standings Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NC107*

Lots of possiblities tonight:

I say:

Detroit beats Buffalo

Tampa Bay beats Toronto

Philly beat Florida

St Louis beats Washington

The toss up Columbus beats Phoenix because they are home.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
We'll probably know if we have 'any' chance by the end of tonight, since all three teams have arguably their easiest games the rest of the season. If any of them slip up then you have a chance to have a bit of a losing streak...but if I were a betting man I'd probably parlay the Flyers beating Florida, Columbus winning at home and Detroit beating the Slugs.

Depends. Jackets could win tonight and lose tomorrow. Then we would know for sure come Friday and Saturday depending on what we do and how their last two go.

They have Dallas tomorrow then Tampa (in Tampa I believe) Friday which will be tough then Florida Saturday.

Of course a loss tonight helps a ton.

This is axtually the easiest of the wings final games. They got @Pitt tomorrow. Canes Saturday and @St. Louis Sunday.

If by some miracle they lose tonight catching them isn't off the table.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Jackets finish @Dallas, @Tampa, and @Florida. Can only get 1 point out of those 3.

Wings finish @Pitt, Carolina, @St. Louis. Have to lose all 3 in regulation.

We finish @Ottawa, NYI, Boston

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Just have to win it all...and have them lose all the games

Pretty much. Its possible as they don't have easy schedules, but its still a very very very long shot.

Odds are better with the Jackets. More inconsistent team and a rough travel schedule. Wings schedule is tougher, but the Wings are a much better team then the Jackets.

Then we got the MUCH tougher job...actually winning. :laugh:

Koivu777

Feb 26, 2012
Sorry, but I was really hoping you guys would make it, but now I think it's over. It would have helped if you won at least a few of the shootouts. So, you guys gonna root for the Habs now for the cup?:nod:

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Sorry, but I was really hoping you guys would make it, but now I think it's over. It would have helped if you won at least a few of the shootouts. So, you guys gonna root for the Habs now for the cup?:nod:

Rooting for Habs to beat Philly or Rags for sure and probably Pittsburgh & Boston too.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
Pretty much. Its possible as they don't have easy schedules, but its still a very very very long shot.

Odds are better with the Jackets. More inconsistent team and a rough travel schedule. Wings schedule is tougher, but the Wings are a much better team then the Jackets.

Then we got the MUCH tougher job...actually winning. :laugh:

Dude, its not happening. Just give it up already. You'll be able to sleep a lot better, not having to worry about this sorry team. If we were healthy than MAYBE I would still pay attention but were rolling out the likes of Stephen Gionta, Steve Berniner, Mike Sislo, and Tim Sestito to try to keep the season alive. Its over. Ramo ended it last night.

Status Quo*

To win the cup? ehh that's a stretch. To beat Philly or NYR? OH HELL YEAH! :yo: Good luck in the playoffs though!

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
We'll probably know if we have 'any' chance by the end of tonight, since all three teams have arguably their easiest games the rest of the season. If any of them slip up then you have a chance to have a bit of a losing streak...but if I were a betting man I'd probably parlay the Flyers beating Florida, Columbus winning at home and Detroit beating the Slugs.

I SHOULD have parlayed this **** :P

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Dude, its not happening. Just give it up already. You'll be able to sleep a lot better, not having to worry about this sorry team. If we were healthy than MAYBE I would still pay attention but were rolling out the likes of Stephen Gionta, Steve Berniner, Mike Sislo, and Tim Sestito to try to keep the season alive. Its over. Ramo ended it last night.

If I want to hold out hope, its totally my business. Same way you are allowed to call it in now.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Stars get a point, in OT.
In our best interest if they lose or win tonight?
How it either effect them tomorrow-if any?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Why would it matter if Dallas is one point up or two points up on Phoenix, they still need to win a game or two. They're not going to want to leave it up to Sunday when they have to go TO Phoenix in the final game of the season.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Thanks guys, hopefully we can make some noise in the playoffs as the only Canadian team there.:shakehead

no doubt TSN and sportsnet will still find some way to ram canadian teams **** down everyones throats and spin to still talk about them.

i guess the habs will be their meal ticket…..

(personally im neutral about your team…..but good luck and beat any of our rivals)

Status Quo*

Thanks guys, hopefully we can make some noise in the playoffs as the only Canadian team there.:shakehead

Hey, if you have a deep deep playoff run, you can shove it in the rest of Canada's faces. You guys are getting going at the right time. Tampa now with Bishop potentially out is a very favorable first round match up. Patches is lighting stuff up. Very intriguing what you guys have going on.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Stars get a point, in OT.
In our best interest if they lose or win tonight?
How it either effect them tomorrow-if any?

Stars are going to want to give themselves every chance to lock things up quickly, especially with a game against the Blues in between tomorrow night and the final game.

They aren't going to lie down tomorrow night because they play Phoenix the final game. Stars will come to play at home in an important game.

Habs are an interesting case. Boston is still my favorite in the East, but the Habs are one of two teams (the other being the Wings) that I think can seriously trip them up. I think the Metro is going to get blasted.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

Maybe all of Canada will unite behind the Habs and there'll be magic in the air.

(I'm being somewhat sarcastic, a Leafs fan actually said that about Toronto's 'run' last year on the mainboard and got ridiculed for five pages :laugh:).

In all seriousness, wouldn't mind seeing Montreal-Boston in a heavyweight showdown, Montreal's probably the one team that can trip them up (they were this close to doing it the year Boston won the Cup and usually beat them otherwise in the playoffs). And I think 'most' Devil fans always have a soft spot for the Habs anyway between the Lemaire/Larry ties and Marty's hometown connection.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Maybe all of Canada will unite behind the Habs and there'll be magic in the air.

(I'm being somewhat sarcastic, a Leafs fan actually said that about Toronto's 'run' last year on the mainboard and got ridiculed for five pages :laugh:).

In all seriousness, wouldn't mind seeing Montreal-Boston in a heavyweight showdown, Montreal's probably the one team that can trip them up (they were this close to doing it the year Boston won the Cup and usually beat them otherwise in the playoffs). And I think 'most' Devil fans always have a soft spot for the Habs anyway between the Lemaire/Larry ties and Marty's hometown connection.

that was a good laugh…..i still dont know if it was serious or baiting people ….regardless, "magic in the air" is a hilarious line to **** out on a forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad