Devils chances at playoffs - The Final Push - Points and Standings Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
They need to win basically every game now.

It's over like Land-Rover(and those stupid Bongo drums). :dunno:

They don't have to win out. They have more wiggle then that. They do have to get really hot.

Maybe room for 4 losses tops? Lots of winnable games and lots at home so it's possible. It just has to start this weekend. Need to get three in a row by Sunday. That at least gets them close to where they were before the Florida fiasco.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
If they can win two in a row and pick up a loser point in the third game, they don't have to win three in a row, but it would certainly help. Even then they're going to need help. It's a long shot, but I've learned to never give up with this team.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
If they can win two in a row and pick up a loser point in the third game, they don't have to win three in a row, but it would certainly help. Even then they're going to need help. It's a long shot, but I've learned to never give up with this team.

ya, with how easy the schedule gets after the Leaf's, I think we are still alive with 3 points this weekend.

But actually winning both would get some excitement going.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
They don't have to win out. They have more wiggle then that. They do have to get really hot.

Maybe room for 4 losses tops? Lots of winnable games and lots at home so it's possible. It just has to start this weekend. Need to get three in a row by Sunday. That at least gets them close to where they were before the Florida fiasco.

there's no way they can lose 4 in regulation. 3 regulation losses max I'd guess and maybe you'd want one of them to be a loser point too.

Either way, I don't think it's happening this year. Not with them blowing 3-1 leads every 3 games.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
there's no way they can lose 4 in regulation. 3 regulation losses max I'd guess and maybe you'd want one of them to be a loser point too.

Either way, I don't think it's happening this year. Not with them blowing 3-1 leads every 3 games.

That's the problem. Even at 3 losses it can be done but they would have to get hot and they haven't shown they can do that.

Why they have to win both this weekend. They have to show they can string wins together now if anyone is going to even consider having faith and they need to get rolling.

3 points won't cut it this weekend for mental reasons. The no 4 game winning streak crap needs to stop now to consider them having a chance.

Comparison Ford

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2008
LA
Welp. I don't think any of us didn't see that one coming. Every year there needs to be teams that suck. It was just our destiny this year. At least we got a draft pick. See you in the offseason humans.

Mory Schneideur*

So 4 points out a wild card spot, with 10 games left... 3 teams to jump. Is this a tease or can we pull it off?

The Beaver

Jan 2, 2013
Worcester, MA
Looking at the next 3 games. All look winnable. Yes I know that means nothing with this team. But lets see how the standings look after the next 3. Lots of finger crossing needed.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
It's 5 points, but it doesn't really matter. The chances are still pretty damn slim.

I feel like whole year the team hasn't really lost or gained any ground. They have just been stuck. To think that mathematically the Devils have a chance amazes me. Who knows that game against Washington next week might mean something:laugh:

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I feel like whole year the team hasn't really lost or gained any ground. They have just been stuck. To think that mathematically the Devils have a chance amazes me. Who knows that game against Washington next week might mean something:laugh:

They've been stuck in neutral ever since that brief period in November when Marty was channeling his youth.

devs1616

Jan 26, 2014
So 4 points out a wild card spot, with 10 games left... 3 teams to jump. Is this a tease or can we pull it off?

Our schedule is in favor right now but we will need some help. The 4 teams right in front of us all have some difficult games.
I see TOR out because a hard schedule when they already aren't playing well, DET has a tough schedule but i think they are playing well enough to snag a spot if they continue to play well, WAS has a tough schedule but they are hot and cold so idk about them, CLB lost an important game today and have a middle of the road schedule with some tough games and some easier games.

With the hole they dug i would bet we need to win at least 7 more like 8 or 9 of out last 10 though to get in.

jagrgodr

Sep 24, 2006
Voodoo curse set on Toronto and the Rangers. If one of those 2 teams fail miserably down the stretch and we win 75% or more of our remaining games (against weak teams) we have a good chance of making the playoffs

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Voodoo curse set on Toronto and the Rangers. If one of those 2 teams fail miserably down the stretch and we win 75% or more of our remaining games (against weak teams) we have a good chance of making the playoffs

No such thing as a weak team for the Devils. You should know by now.:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad